Windows 10: Windows: Moving Beyond Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET)

Discus and support Windows: Moving Beyond Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; EMET – Then and Now Microsoft’s Trustworthy Computing initiative was 7 years old in 2009 when we first released the Enhanced Mitigation Experience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows: Moving Beyond Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET)

Source: Moving Beyond EMET Defense

See also: How to Change Exploit Protection Settings from Windows Defender Security Center in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Nov 3, 2016

2. EMET 5.5 SimExecFlow blocking Excel & other Office opening

Hi,

Your concern regarding EMET needs in-depth technical assistance. We suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum or
    TechNet forum. We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

For more information regarding Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), you can the articles below:

The Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit

EMET mitigations guidelines

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 3, 2016
  3. WINDOWS DEFENDER VS PURCHASED VIRUS PROTECTION

Re EMET:

Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) version 5.5 is now available

+

Download Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) 5.5 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Jsssssssss, Nov 3, 2016
  4. prikker Win User

I replaced it with Malwarebytes anti exploit.

prikker, Nov 4, 2016
  5. Moving from local protection to online. I can imagine many security wise people not be very happy about it. RIP EMET.

TairikuOkami, Nov 4, 2016
  6. MEH
    meh Win User
    I had been using EMET 5.5 for a long time under Win10, but today I decided to remove it. After doing so, I manually deleted all the "MitigationOptions" values under the various keys beneath "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options", and the one under "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\kernel".

After deleting that stuff, I wondered if the EMET uninstaller had left it behind for a reason. Do anyone know if the "MitigationOptions" values are used by Win10 itself, apart from EMET? I can easily restore if needed, but I'd rather not have crap just to have crap. (Yes, it's neurosis.)

I guess if someone has Win10 but has never installed EMET, yet still has "MitigationOptions" values, that would be telling.

Edit: Actually, I think the values themselves under "Image File Execution Options" were all added (and pertain only to) EMET (e.g. "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\excel.exe" where "excel.exe" is a key).

Thema:

1. Windows: Moving Beyond Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) - Similar Threads - Moving Beyond Enhanced

2. Toolkit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toolkit: how to get the Microsoft Toolkit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolkit/ae2706d9-7e7e-4d6b-80d8-18de0829e9a0
  3. Toolkit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toolkit: how to get the Microsoft Toolkit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolkit/ae2706d9-7e7e-4d6b-80d8-18de0829e9a0
  4. Windows desktop will not move beyond the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop will not move beyond the welcome screen.: My desktop running Windows 10 will not go beyond the welcome screen. If you press enter to go to the logon screen, it flickers and remains. I can't boot to safe mode, restore, or repair, it won't go anywhere but off and welcome.I have managed to trick it into automatic repair...
  5. Windows desktop will not move beyond the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows desktop will not move beyond the welcome screen.: My desktop running Windows 10 will not go beyond the welcome screen. If you press enter to go to the logon screen, it flickers and remains. I can't boot to safe mode, restore, or repair, it won't go anywhere but off and welcome.I have managed to trick it into automatic repair...
  6. Windows desktop will not move beyond the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Facebook enhances Messenger Rooms experience with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook enhances Messenger Rooms experience with new features: Today, we’re announcing new features to enhance your experience in Messenger Rooms, joinable group video calls that make it easy to spend quality time with friends, loved ones and people who share your interests. Personalize your Room In addition to...
  8. The Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit is not working in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit is not working in Windows 10: When I go to install EMET 5.5 then its say, error try again. Is there any solutions for this problem. Windows 10 Education Dell Inspiron 15...
  9. Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) for Windows 10: [img] Warning See: Windows: Moving Beyond Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) - Windows 10 Forums Features removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Windows 10 Forums Update: How to Change Exploit Protection Settings from Windows Defender...
  10. Moving Beyond EMET II – Windows Defender Exploit Guard

in Windows 10 News
    Moving Beyond EMET II – Windows Defender Exploit Guard: Since we last wrote about the future of EMET and how it relates to Windows 10 back in November 2016 (see Moving Beyond EMET), we have received lots of invaluable feedback from EMET customers and enthusiasts regarding the upcoming EMET end of life. Based on that feedback, we...