Windows 10: Windows N won't install Media Feature Pack

Discus and support Windows N won't install Media Feature Pack in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All I am trying to install the windows media features pack (x64) from the following link - Download Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JordanS, Jan 10, 2016.

1. JordanS Win User

Windows N won't install Media Feature Pack

Hi All

I am trying to install the windows media features pack (x64) from the following link - Download Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center.

The issue I am having is when I run the installation file I am getting the following error message -

Windows N won't install Media Feature Pack [​IMG]

Feature pack for Windows (KB3010081) is already installed on this computer.

I don't have the the media pack on the PC so I am wondering if this is a issue.

My question is would anyone be able to assist me in getting the feature pack on the PC as I am unsure about removing updates.

:)

JordanS, Jan 10, 2016

2. Google android composite interface driver is not compatible

The Media Feature Pack is only for Windows 10 N, you are running Pro so it won't install.

David Vair, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 kb3010081 & kb3099229 does not install the MF.dll, MFplat.dll and MFReadWrite.dll

Hi Viktor,

Media Feature Pack installs Media Player and related technologies that are needed by most programs to run properly for N and KN editions of Windows 10. For it to work, make sure that you are installing the appropriate Media Feature Pack for your current Windows
    10 version. See the links below for the right installer.

Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1703 (April 2017)

Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1607 (July 2016)

Media Feature Pack for N and KN editions of Windows 10 Version 1511 (November 2015)

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Justine Pel, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

Windows N won't install Media Feature Pack

1. Windows N won't install Media Feature Pack - Similar Threads - won't install Media

2. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N: Had an issue connecting Phone using MTP. Figured out it uses Media Feature Pack that N versions of Windows doesn't have.Tried to install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 N 21H1 with no luck.in appwiz.cpl Optional features there is no Media Feature or Windows Media player...
  3. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N: Had an issue connecting Phone using MTP. Figured out it uses Media Feature Pack that N versions of Windows doesn't have.Tried to install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 N 21H1 with no luck.in appwiz.cpl Optional features there is no Media Feature or Windows Media player...
  4. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N, 21H1: Hi, a few weeks ago I've installed Windows N, 21H1. AFAIK there is no Media Feature Pack for this version: nor in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature, nor in Windows Features, also the version for 21H1 is not listed here:...
  6. Can't install Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N: I know there is a million questions about this already, but after 1 hour of searching and trying different things I've still not been able to figure it out. Every time I try to install the Media Feature Pack I get the message "installation failed" and nothing more. I've...
  7. Windows N Edition Media Feature Pack is missing!

Windows N Edition Media Feature Pack is missing!: I have gone to apps/optional features/add feature but there is no media feature pack feature! I need to play devil may cry 5 but you are preventing me! I feel threatened! Your incompetence is causing me distress and I will hurt myself! I have autism and OCD! I need to fix...
  8. Media feature pack won't install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media feature pack won't install?: Running education N, build 19027.1. The download from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack gives "This update not applicable to your computer" submitted by /u/thebadslime [link] [comments]...
  9. Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions

Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions: i am using on a laptop an official win pro 10 N -version 1803- build 17134.765 it seems after downloading several installments that the program is installed ,somewhere hidden/ behind, and i do need to activate windows media player in settings but where?...
  10. Media Feature Pack won't install

in Windows 10 Support
    Media Feature Pack won't install: Hi, I have just installed a clean copy of 10 Enterprise LTSB N edition x64. My source ISO is the latest available from MSDN. I am trying to install the Media Feature Pack because a few applications need it, but the installer seems hung. The installer version is the latest,...