Windows 10: Windows Networking woues again

Discus and support Windows Networking woues again in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there This problem went away for ages -- now it's back again Can't connect to NAS unless I connect via IP address -- the NAS is pingable both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Aug 1, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows Networking woues again

Hi there
    This problem went away for ages -- now it's back again

Can't connect to NAS unless I connect via IP address -- the NAS is pingable both via computer name and ip address and can connect - but I can't see the computer in Network !!!

Windows Networking woues again [​IMG]

Windows networking is just (IMO) so unreliable -- sometimes it works other times nothing fixes it !!!!!

Instead of adding all these extra features to the store etc -- PLEASE MS FIX NETWORKING SO IT'S RELIABLE

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 1, 2017

2. network setting again and again

Ahmad nawaz wrote:

The broadcase channel was already unchecked.

I expected that. It is the same on my device.

I find it curious about the message. I am in an area that often has very poor signal strength and I will get a message that a device cannot be registered but never the other way around.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 1, 2017
  3. network setting again and again

thanks linley for your replies

even after all the changes, but the problem remains as it is..

any other solutions?? may be some registry-tweak through which i can disable this notification all-together. i hope my GSM operations wont be affected by it (a)

thanks again.

Ahmad nawaz, Aug 1, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

I tend to use my NAS's IP when referring to it and mapping it.

swarfega, Aug 1, 2017
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

That method works fine --but surely windows explorer should show "connectable computers" !!!!! --also the NAS might have an IP assigned by DHCP so you still need to find the ip address - browse should always work !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 1, 2017
  6. M4v3r1ck Win User
    I have a Syno DS1812 for years and have always used a static ip-adress for it. Sometimes after an update/grade I need to delete and reset the Windows Credentials for it. That always works well.

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Networking woues again - Similar Threads - Networking woues again

2. Troubleshoot network again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot network again and again: Whenever I need an internet connection badly, WiFi gets disconnected automatically, and when I check available wifi, it shows none!! So, I mostly troubleshoot the network and get connected, but after 10 mins, the same thing gets repeated. I googled this issue I face, but most...
  3. Troubleshoot network again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshoot network again and again: Whenever I need an internet connection badly, WiFi gets disconnected automatically, and when I check available wifi, it shows none!! So, I mostly troubleshoot the network and get connected, but after 10 mins, the same thing gets repeated. I googled this issue I face, but most...
  4. Troubleshoot network again and again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network disconnection again and again.

Network disconnection again and again.: Hi! Vansh here. I need a bit of help. My PC, since it has come from physical repair (Windows 10 was also reinstalled from the backup point, by the way), has been facing a lot of connectivity issues, as soon as I connect to the internet, it disconnects. If I try connecting to...
  6. network problems... again

network problems... again: Since upgrading both my computers to build 18362.356... my secondary computer cannot connect to my network drive, it connected before and nothing has changed... I keep getting a 'the network path was not found' error message... it shows up on the left side of 'network' but...
  7. windows networking does not work, again

windows networking does not work, again: This is now my over 100th post, and with thousands of MVP's and I still to date after over 100 posts and years of posting have not gotten this resolved. Windows networking does not work, believe which you want to, it simply does not work, say i am wrong, go right ahead,...
  8. Networking Notworking .. Again

Networking Notworking .. Again: I am really tired of Win 10 networking falling apart. I have an incredibly simple setup yet for some reason about every six months it just totally fails. I have three PC's. A B C. They could all see each other and all transfer files. I installed Windows 10 Pro on two of...
  9. Networking woes again !!!!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Networking woes again !!!!: Hi there Why can't Windows Networking just be like Linux - nice GUI to configure SAMBA (or even use S.W.A.T), click on shares and it's done and works every time !!!!. Strange scenario now with HYPER-V HOST OS (W10) can access REAL W8.1 machine, and W10 VM running on...
  10. Networking woes again (W10)

Networking woes again (W10): Hi there Networking connectivity seems to get broken every so often -- I have shares on two W10 machines (Local accounts) that connect just fine. If I come back to the computer say 45 mins later I get the computers can see each other but cannot connect to the shares ---...