Windows 10: Windows no licence from free upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support Windows no licence from free upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi I had free windows 10 upgrade about 3 years ago, no problems but after the latest updates i now need an activation code, to get this im asked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by upset**, Jul 15, 2018.

1. upset** Win User

Windows no licence from free upgrade to windows 10

hi I had free windows 10 upgrade about 3 years ago, no problems but after the latest updates i now need an activation code, to get this im asked to go and buy one, this doesnt make sence to me. cant reset windows, or basically do anything else. it doesnt send me to the store i have to go to microsoft, has anyone else had this problem. error code is 0xC004F012 apparently thats a digital licience, free upgrade should have that i think.

:)

upset**, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows no licence from free upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - licence free upgrade

2. Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free?: Can I upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free I 've got the product key # for the Windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-81-to-windows-10-for-free/e89d005e-0541-460d-a80f-1a3df63b14db
  3. Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free?: Can I upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free I 've got the product key # for the Windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-81-to-windows-10-for-free/e89d005e-0541-460d-a80f-1a3df63b14db
  4. upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 free: how do I upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-81-to-windows-10-free/96121a5c-79bc-4cf6-82dd-a120de19e7e5
  5. upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 free: how do I upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-81-to-windows-10-free/96121a5c-79bc-4cf6-82dd-a120de19e7e5
  6. Using Windows 10 free upgrade from Windows 7 licence on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Windows 10 free upgrade from Windows 7 licence on a new computer?: Hi, I have an old computer in which it was updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. It was using a digital licence, but I retrieved the full serial key by using "Nirsoft ProduKey". I used the command "slmgr /dlv" to find if my licence was RETAIL, and it is, here is the pic...
  7. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?: cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-free/10095da6-8608-40a5-8858-8be24889f16e
  8. Free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear colleagues. As a new registrant to this forum, may I say thank you for having me. I have a query, being an owner of an old Dell Laptop E6410 that has had Windows 7 installed from new, but, nevertheless, served me well and continues to do so. In view of the imminent...
  9. Free Windows 10 licence?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Windows 10 licence?: my windows 10 is a free upgrade, I keep getting a prompt to buy a license, how do i resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-windows-10-licence/a984a09f-8c4b-42a6-8677-cf28f8082032"
  10. Windows 10 upgrade free from windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 upgrade free from windows 8.1: A while back when I went to reserve my free upgrade it said I had incompatible drivers on my windows 8.1 laptop (Laptop came with 8.1) witch disappeared and I had no upgrade problems so I reserved my copy of windows 10 now my question is its telling me that my CPU is not...