Windows 10: Windows no longer bootable

Discus and support Windows no longer bootable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a MacBook Air that I wanted to triple boot. I installed macOS, then Windows, then Zorin OS. When it was just macOS and Windows, both operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lawrence_565, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Windows no longer bootable

I have a MacBook Air that I wanted to triple boot. I installed macOS, then Windows, then Zorin OS. When it was just macOS and Windows, both operating systems worked fine. But after installing Zorin, the Apple boot picker no longer shows Windows as an option, just macOS and Zorin labeled as "Windows". If I select macOS, it boots just fine, and if I select "Windows" it takes me to GNU Grub, which then boots into Zorin just fine. There is an option for Windows Boot Manager in GNU Grub, but that just leads to a black screen and nothing else happens. Is there anything I can do, or do I have

:)

Lawrence_565, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 10, 2023
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Dec 10, 2023
  4. magibeg Win User

Windows no longer bootable

Hard drive no longer bootable

Ok so I figured it out.

So basically what happened was the 2TB drive got a windows update that required multiple restarts. For some reason during what appeared to be the 3rd stage of the update when it restarted it was no longer considered a bootable drive or something. So when i unplugged the 500gb harddrive it booted normally, finished the update and went into windows. I reconnected the 500gb HD again and everything is working just fine like before. Weird.

magibeg, Dec 10, 2023
Thema:

Windows no longer bootable

1. Windows no longer bootable - Similar Threads - longer bootable

2. Shared albums - no longer able yo send photos via shared albums

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared albums - no longer able yo send photos via shared albums: I can no longer send albums created in Shared albums to anyoneI do what ive sucessfully done begore but it no longer worksStart buttonPhotosIcloud photosShared albumsNew album Enter recipient's nameName albumBrowse PC and select album to sendOpen it Click done This no longer...
  3. The Windows Update KB4038782 No longer Exists Despite Still Presenting Vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows Update KB4038782 No longer Exists Despite Still Presenting Vulnerabilities: We have a few Windows 10 computers on the version 1607 that our endpoint detection system is reporting they are missing the patch KB4038782. Despite installing all of the latest updates it still shows it's missing. I tried to find the KB to manually install it, but it looks...
  4. The Windows Update KB4038782 No longer Exists Despite Still Presenting Vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows Update KB4038782 No longer Exists Despite Still Presenting Vulnerabilities: We have a few Windows 10 computers on the version 1607 that our endpoint detection system is reporting they are missing the patch KB4038782. Despite installing all of the latest updates it still shows it's missing. I tried to find the KB to manually install it, but it looks...
  5. The Windows Update KB4038782 No longer Exists Despite Still Presenting Vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. After the last update the Switch User dialog has changed and I'm now no longer "easily"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the last update the Switch User dialog has changed and I'm now no longer "easily"...: The question says it all.When I logged in today the switch user dialog has gone. I can press the wndows key and see my user picture at the bottom left, but if I click on it I now no longer get a list of the other users on my machine with the option to switch to them.I can...
  7. After the last update the Switch User dialog has changed and I'm now no longer "easily"...

After the last update the Switch User dialog has changed and I'm now no longer "easily"...: The question says it all.When I logged in today the switch user dialog has gone. I can press the wndows key and see my user picture at the bottom left, but if I click on it I now no longer get a list of the other users on my machine with the option to switch to them.I can...
  8. Windows no longer bootable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows no longer bootable: I have a MacBook Air that I wanted to triple boot. I installed macOS, then Windows, then Zorin OS. When it was just macOS and Windows, both operating systems worked fine. But after installing Zorin, the Apple boot picker no longer shows Windows as an option, just macOS and...
  9. Windows no longer bootable

Windows no longer bootable: I have a MacBook Air that I wanted to triple boot. I installed macOS, then Windows, then Zorin OS. When it was just macOS and Windows, both operating systems worked fine. But after installing Zorin, the Apple boot picker no longer shows Windows as an option, just macOS and...
  10. Windows 10 no longer bootable on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 no longer bootable on SSD: Hi So my current situation is I have two drives HDD and SSD, both with Windows 10 The issue I am having is booting from the SSD The SSD is still healthy I have not booted from this SSD for 1 year. But it is still accessible from my HDD What should I do to enable...