Windows 10: Windows not activated after clean install

Discus and support Windows not activated after clean install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the windows updater. After windows 10 was installed, I decided to download this Windows 10 and chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Behindyouu, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Windows not activated after clean install

Hello, I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the windows updater. After windows 10 was installed, I decided to download this Windows 10 and chose the USB option. I booted into my USB and when selecting the partition, I deleted every partition that was there (even the system). Now I am on windows 10 with no activation. I have the Windows 7 product key but it does not work.

P.S its not pirated Windows 7. I got it from Dream spark (on the hub) students saving.

:)

Behindyouu, Jul 28, 2015

2. Not activated after clean install

I'm happy for you. I'm still waiting from a week..yes i'm sure that windows 10 was activated after performed the upgrade of windows 8.1.

Arcangelo Maria Gruosso, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Not activated after clean install

I downloaded Windows 10 yesterday. This is the steps that I took:

1. Downloaded Windows Media Creation Tool

2. Made a bootable CD with the Windows 8 .iso.

3. Upgraded Windows from the Media Creation Tool.

4. After Windows 10 was installed, I did a clean install of Windows 10 on top of the upgraded Windows 10.

I don't know what I did wrong or what, because I'm pretty sure that I followed everything that Microsoft told me. However, it says here that my Windows 10 isn't activated. I've been waiting for a day to see if the Windows servers activate it. But I don't
    know... It doesn't seem like it.

Is there anything I can do? Because I'm considering reinstalling Windows 7 and then upgrading again.

caramba2654, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Windows not activated after clean install

my brother just graduated college so I bought a few windows 7 disk thru his school and I cannot activate 10 with the 7 key either. I read somewhere that you had to be on windows 7 and upgrade to 10. you cannot do a clean install cause your windows 7 key will not work with the windows 10 activator. its a nightmare believe ne wish I knew this before I whipped my hard drive last night lol guess ill just stay on 10 till it boots me off for not activating then ill reinstall 7 and go from there.

SpaceGiraffe, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Nahrga Win User
    I got the same issue as you. Upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and it activated by itself without any issues.

I recently bought another SSD, so I decided to do a fresh install on the new drive. I did the exact same as you, I booted into the Windows 10 install media, deleted every partition and then selected to install on my new SSD. However, after the installation it won't activate. I followed this guide: How to Do a Clean Install of Windows 10

Now I guess I'll have to install Windows 8.1 again and then upgrade from there.. :I

Nahrga, Jul 28, 2015
  6. animedan Win User
    ya i successfully upgraded my 7 ultimate to 10 pro, but now its saying my key is blocked after i did a clean install even thoue i performed that initial upgrade using the GWX app

well this wont be of much help but i was working with Microsoft tech support, and they only suggested me to ether wait 3 days to see if a update fixes it, or reinstall windows 7 ultimate and then upgrading again from there, and just Not do the clean install of 10

they were saying its a error on their computers and they were remote assisting my computer and there was nothing they could do

animedan, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Xanathos Win User
    Same problem here...
    Error 0xC004C003

Xanathos, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Wrymn Win User

Windows not activated after clean install

Same problem here, clean installed from legal Windows 7 HP, but activation key doesn`t work. Error code is 0xC004F050

edit: could it have to do something from MediaCreationTool where it asked edition of windows? (e.g. Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Home N)

Wrymn, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  10. Wrymn Win User
    Wrymn, Jul 28, 2015
  11. animedan Win User
    your supose to beable to do a clean install AFTER you first did a upgrade from 7 or 8 to 10, but that does not work, untill microsoft fixes a "key" issue

animedan, Jul 28, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  13. Xanathos Win User

Xanathos, Jul 28, 2015
  14. Wrymn Win User
    Yes I can confirm that. If you do clean install, windows 10 will not accept your previous legal win 7, 8 or 8.1 product key.

Wrymn, Jul 28, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you only did a clean install to Windows 10 from Windows 7/8, then the free offer Windows 10 will not be activated unless you had already did what I posted above first on that PC. *Sad

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows not activated after clean install - Similar Threads - activated clean install

2. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  3. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  4. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activating after clean install

Activating after clean install: Hello, i have an oem license key and i want to know if i wnsted to clean install woyld i need to re enter the key or would it automatically activate? ***moved on english forum***...
  6. Clean install after upgrade Windows NOT activating

Clean install after upgrade Windows NOT activating: Did a clean install after a Windows 10 Pro upgrade, from a disk created from an ISO from media creator...all went ok, but says Windows not activated....just telling me to go to the store and buy a licence or enter a new key.... It was activated before I did the clean...
  7. Windows not activated after clean install

Windows not activated after clean install: Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade? Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded. I did exactly this. I upgraded from a windows 7 pro system...
  8. No activation after clean install

No activation after clean install: I upgraded Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. All went well and it showed as activated. Today I did a clean install and all went well. However, after clean install it shows it is not activated and they want money for a key. What is going on? 13573
  9. Activation after clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after clean install.: I have an older laptop which was given to me. It started out life as XP ! - but it now has windows 10 and was running quite happily until the creators update trickled down. I have tried everything to upgrade but it always fails. I am thinking a totally fresh install would...
  10. Can't activate windows after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate windows after clean install: I just did a 'clean' install of Win 10 Pro 64bit on to my old Win 7 Pro 64bit HDD so that I could migrate my wife's Win 10 Pro 32bit apps and programs over the the 64bit OS. First, I thought 'clean' meant also formatting the HDD because it didn't. I find all my old...