Windows 10: Windows not activated after clean install

Discus and support Windows not activated after clean install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade? Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the USB drive or DVD, and use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Skferranti, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Windows not activated after clean install

I did exactly this. I upgraded from a windows 7 pro system and everything went fine. Windows 10 activated. Since I am evaluating this for future company use I then burned a ISO DVD and did a clean install. That went fine also however Windows will not activate now. I called Tech support and they said to wait for an update and then it will reactivate. I just did one and still not active. How long do we need to wait? should I roll back to 7 pro and reinstall?

:)

Skferranti, Aug 10, 2015

2. Not activated after clean install

I'm happy for you. I'm still waiting from a week..yes i'm sure that windows 10 was activated after performed the upgrade of windows 8.1.

Arcangelo Maria Gruosso, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Not activated after clean install

I downloaded Windows 10 yesterday. This is the steps that I took:

1. Downloaded Windows Media Creation Tool

2. Made a bootable CD with the Windows 8 .iso.

3. Upgraded Windows from the Media Creation Tool.

4. After Windows 10 was installed, I did a clean install of Windows 10 on top of the upgraded Windows 10.

I don't know what I did wrong or what, because I'm pretty sure that I followed everything that Microsoft told me. However, it says here that my Windows 10 isn't activated. I've been waiting for a day to see if the Windows servers activate it. But I don't
    know... It doesn't seem like it.

Is there anything I can do? Because I'm considering reinstalling Windows 7 and then upgrading again.

caramba2654, Aug 10, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows not activated after clean install

Restart the computer fully - not just shutdown, but restart. Open an elevated command prompt ("run as administrator" command prompt). type slmgr /ato

What result do you get?

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Windows not activated after clean install

1. Windows not activated after clean install - Similar Threads - activated clean install

2. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  3. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  4. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activating after clean install

Activating after clean install: Hello, i have an oem license key and i want to know if i wnsted to clean install woyld i need to re enter the key or would it automatically activate? ***moved on english forum***...
  6. Clean install after upgrade Windows NOT activating

Clean install after upgrade Windows NOT activating: Did a clean install after a Windows 10 Pro upgrade, from a disk created from an ISO from media creator...all went ok, but says Windows not activated....just telling me to go to the store and buy a licence or enter a new key.... It was activated before I did the clean...
  7. Windows not activated after clean install

Windows not activated after clean install: Hello, I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the windows updater. After windows 10 was installed, I decided to download this Windows 10 and chose the USB option. I booted into my USB and when selecting the partition, I deleted every partition that was there (even the...
  8. No activation after clean install

No activation after clean install: I upgraded Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. All went well and it showed as activated. Today I did a clean install and all went well. However, after clean install it shows it is not activated and they want money for a key. What is going on? 13573
  9. Activation after clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after clean install.: I have an older laptop which was given to me. It started out life as XP ! - but it now has windows 10 and was running quite happily until the creators update trickled down. I have tried everything to upgrade but it always fails. I am thinking a totally fresh install would...
  10. Can't activate windows after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate windows after clean install: I just did a 'clean' install of Win 10 Pro 64bit on to my old Win 7 Pro 64bit HDD so that I could migrate my wife's Win 10 Pro 32bit apps and programs over the the 64bit OS. First, I thought 'clean' meant also formatting the HDD because it didn't. I find all my old...