Windows 10: Windows not activated after System Restore?

Discus and support Windows not activated after System Restore? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I restored my system back a few days because my OS just started falling to pieces with errors. That issue is fixed, but now my windows isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Skylais, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Skylais Win User

Windows not activated after System Restore?

I restored my system back a few days because my OS just started falling to pieces with errors.
    That issue is fixed, but now my windows isn't activated anymore. I have had no hardware changes, since i upgrades from windows 7 except changing the driver for my Ethernet adapter.
    My error reads Error code: 0xC004C003

:)

Skylais, Sep 12, 2015

2. Activated Windows 10 System Suddenly "Not Activated"...

If you have your Windows 10 key, you can try reactivating by chat support:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat
    Support

You can also perform a repair upgrade to see if that helps:

How
    to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

How to find a product key:

Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (admin)

Enter the following command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Hit Enter

The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

If you are unable to activate Windows 10 after all the above and you are certain you have the correct edition installed, then please attempt phone activation:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Windows 7 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

The product key is usually located on the COA sticker attached to the bottom of your laptop or in the battery compartment. In some rare cases it can also be found in the memory compartment. For tower systems, look at the top or the side of the system unit. It
    looks like the following:

Windows not activated after System Restore? [​IMG]

If the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker is damaged or letters or not legible, you will have to consider the following options:

• Use a digital camera to capture a picture of the COA then enlarge it on your computer.

• If the COA sticker is damaged, then you would need to use the recovery partition to reinstall Windows 7, this will exempt the need to use the product key to activate your Windows 7 installation.

• If your recovery partition is not available or damaged, you should
      contact the manufacturer
      of your computer and request a recovery disc set you can use to reinstall Windows 7. They might charge a small shipping and handling fee. This will exempt the need to use the product key also.

• If none of the above options work or is not available, then its best you purchase a new Windows 10 license:
    Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

I bought a retail box copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1; where do I find the product key?

For Windows 7, the product key can be located on a pamphlet in inside the Windows 7 box.

For Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, the product key can found on a small business size card inside the Windows 8 box.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 12, 2015
  3. DonoNewco Win User
    Activated Windows 10 System Suddenly "Not Activated"...

Okay, after running the windows update repair tool, and restarting everything is fine for a while and after a few hours it says its not activated again, also the search and cortana function simply doesnt work.

DonoNewco, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Windows not activated after System Restore?

Was this a recent upgrade like during the last week or has 10 been on now for some time? If you only just put 10 on you should try waiting another day or so before doing anything like a repair install. When swapping out brands of memory on the second system to go up from 4 to 8gb the 3 days left to activate appeared until the next day.

If this was the first upgrade and saw activation you might want to consider a clean install in order to see 10 working as it should since upgrades 1 out of 3 seem to be the working percentage while the rest? A 33% success rate isn't saying much for upgrade installs to begin with!

Night Hawk, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Skylais Win User
    Well. I had done the upgrade back in July. It worked. Then the PC BSOD. So I clean installed it, and that's the current one, the one not activating now.
    I really don't want to have to do another clean install, I do a lot of networking and have 2-3 other os's installed and then my ssd's maint partition.
    It gets really risky especially since i'm using grub loader

Skylais, Sep 12, 2015
  6. fredc Win User
    I had major issues with "system restore" not working correctly or just plain freezing after completion with Win 10 . Sometimes it would say it completed successfully but once you reboot it says it did not complete successfully , i mean make up your mind .

What a nightmare , i have enough issues already lol.

fredc, Sep 12, 2015
  7. Skylais Win User
    It truly is. almost wish I stayed with 7.
    Anyways i'm gonna play some lazer tag. I've had enough, can't even get my Cisco TV box to work today either. Hopefully it activates over time

Skylais, Sep 12, 2015
  8. Windows not activated after System Restore?

I hope so! I was surprised I didn't have to call into MS when swapping the memory out. I had to with 7 when the same Mushkin Enhanced I pulled out had been used since I couldn't run on the main build due to how high the dimms came up pushing up on the large cpu hsf! The other 4gb I slapped on another 7 Pro case I set up for a friend who will now see his 4gb doubled! *Roflmao2 Collective interest realized!

That was for simply having the old case laying around while he got too busy with an 8.1 laptop! I told him I could set up another 10/7 dual boot since I simply tossed a pair of older 500gb drives in and now have a spare 1tb laying around for a storage/backup drive there. And because of having these spare drives I still have 7 running along side 10 not simply replaced by. Back in '09 I still had the Vista/XP dual boot going when first adding in more drives to look over the 7 beta builds. 7 I went for while 8 NADA! Never got a look at 8.1 however.

The activation bug however I thought was over following the first week when the second upgrade to repair the first didn't activate that entire week! But when putting on the clean install to replace that mess I found it activated when first going into the Settings right after getting through the set up to see the desktop for the first time. Since you were activated before I suspect giving another day or so will see whether or not you will need a clean install or the activation will catch up with the fresh install you just saw put on which is still likely!

Night Hawk, Sep 12, 2015
  9. fredc Win User
    NightHawk's comment:

is a good one to remember , nothing more aggravating then clean installing then taking all day to set everything up to your liking before checking right away to see if it activated.

fredc, Sep 12, 2015
  10. Well that one was a rather interesting surprise to see after a week of the repair install of the first upgrade which had activated in a day's time become unactivated with the repair for a full week before going for the clean install. At first I thought the problems were due to having cloned 7 over to the then second OS drive I had planned to run 8 on left without any OS. So I nuked the drive and slapped a fresh copy of 7 on with SP1 invited and the upgrade still didn't happen until unplugging those two storage drives! ut oh

When 10 suddenly went on it came out buggy! All the games went on easy while the av and other more important softwares failed! Once the repair install was seen to the av was the problem again not being the absolute latest but the 2014 version! I ended up with the 2016 beta until the clean install saw the 2015 version go on. Activated on the spot!

One the second build I split the drive up at first being a one drive mini tower and the clean install on the second primary no go! After upgrading over the 7 Pro install seeing the upgrade activated I later found the clean install had activated as well. After nuking the first primary and moving the the second back another no go and that saw the second clean install work out. Then the laptop seeing the 32bit 7 upgraded to the 32bit 10 Home and later after the first 32bit clean install time for the 64bit! The OEM primary couldn't shrunk a little to create a back up partition on the lightly used unit and that drive got wiped for the final 10 install which was activated on the spot again.

I didn't expect the first clean install on the second case to activate right away anyways until that upgrade was seen to. It was later following the second one needed I saw a buy on the Hyper X Fury pair of 4gb dimms to max the 8gb limit that the status changed temporarily and reactivated itself. With 7 it would have taken six months for the MS allowance of minor hardware upgrades to compensate for not calling in back when I split the 8gb(4x2gb) up between two cases. I also had gutted out the Antec 900-1 to put everything on the main here into the newer style 900-2 model case where the panel with power, reset buttons, usb and eSata ports leaned forward at a 45 degree angle rather then being set back on a flat top. That was when the other memory was ordered to replace the Mushkin and call into MS time!

Night Hawk, Sep 12, 2015
  11. Skylais Win User
    Because i am enrolled via my school, for a Dreamspark account. I just downloaded a fresh pro 64 iso and used one of the activation keys provided with that download. I had planned on using that key to bootcamp my macbook with, but its whatever. Previously running windows on my macbook, jeez its so smooth I love it! Anyhow, ima try not to get carried away and mess up any partitions etc.. i am keeping a receipt for proof. Onto greater learning guys! Currently learning server 2012, some linux, and my personal favorite. Hacking. Ethically of course*Smile.

Skylais, Oct 1, 2015
  12. I never ran any hamburger stuff but keep a few live Linux data recovery sticks laying around somewhere. *Biggrin The Dreamspark account I imagine is covered as part of your tuition there. And it's time for what? another restart! More updates for 10 lately!

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows not activated after System Restore?

1. Windows not activated after System Restore? - Similar Threads - activated System Restore

2. windows activation after restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after restore: After a system restore the activate windows notification comes up. I tried to use wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey in cmd but i got nothingi think this screenshot is saying i do have one...
  3. windows activation after restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows activation after restore: After a system restore the activate windows notification comes up. I tried to use wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey in cmd but i got nothingi think this screenshot is saying i do have one...
  4. windows activation after restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 8.1 ask me for activation after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 ask me for activation after system restore: Hello!A few days ago I had some problems with my Windows 8.1, I think caused by one unsuccessfull update installation. Anyway, I was forced to try a system restore from last 8th of november. After the restoration, the system was estabilished and i could work normally. The...
  6. Windows 8.1 ask me for activation after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 ask me for activation after system restore: Hello!A few days ago I had some problems with my Windows 8.1, I think caused by one unsuccessfull update installation. Anyway, I was forced to try a system restore from last 8th of november. After the restoration, the system was estabilished and i could work normally. The...
  7. System restore after reinstalling Windows

System restore after reinstalling Windows: I ran into a BSOD after trying to verify all my drivers, causing my pc to run into the driver verifier detected violation blue screen. I'm trying to complete a system restore because I really don't want to lose everything. I've forgotten the admin password, and it isn't...
  8. Windows Activation issues after a restore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation issues after a restore: So, I had an issue with my keyboard inputs and everything and so I restarted my computer and it booted into the restore mode. I restored but it then asked for me activate windows which was odd since I upgraded for free from Windows 7 a while ago. So I was unsure how to...
  9. Windows 10 activation after a "System Restore"

Windows 10 activation after a "System Restore": So I recently had some problems with my computer, I upgraded over a year ago from Windows 7 to the free Windows 10 upgrade. Yesterday I had to perform a "System Restore" in which it deleted most of my programs, luckily I backed up my important things. However Windows is now...
  10. Windows 10 Activation after Restore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after Restore: Hello, I just recently restored my laptop to its factory settings (losing everything) due to an error in which windows was unable to use the explorer (Black screen with a courser, no task manager, no taskbar, no nothing). After this everything seems to be working fine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system not activated after system restore