Windows 10: Windows not activated

Discus and support Windows not activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I was forced into reinstalling Windows 10 Tech. preview last night. Installation run smooth, but im now stuck back at build 9879, and worn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PeaceDealer, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Windows not activated

Hello

I was forced into reinstalling Windows 10 Tech. preview last night. Installation run smooth, but im now stuck back at build 9879, and worn't update. I think this may be because my windows build is not activated proberly.

When i enter Control Panel > System > System I says that Windows is not Activated

Anyone know how to fix this? I still have the key i was given for the insider program?

:)

PeaceDealer, Apr 27, 2015

2. windows not activated

I updated my windows 7 to W10 pro (free update)and it says what should I do?

Moved from: Windows/Windows 10/Security & privacy/PC

windows is not activated, Apr 27, 2015
  3. Activated Windows 10 System Suddenly "Not Activated"...

If you have your Windows 10 key, you can try reactivating by chat support:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat
    Support

You can also perform a repair upgrade to see if that helps:

How
    to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

How to find a product key:

Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (admin)

Enter the following command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Hit Enter

The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

If you are unable to activate Windows 10 after all the above and you are certain you have the correct edition installed, then please attempt phone activation:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Windows 7 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

The product key is usually located on the COA sticker attached to the bottom of your laptop or in the battery compartment. In some rare cases it can also be found in the memory compartment. For tower systems, look at the top or the side of the system unit. It
    looks like the following:

Windows not activated [​IMG]

If the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker is damaged or letters or not legible, you will have to consider the following options:

• Use a digital camera to capture a picture of the COA then enlarge it on your computer.

• If the COA sticker is damaged, then you would need to use the recovery partition to reinstall Windows 7, this will exempt the need to use the product key to activate your Windows 7 installation.

• If your recovery partition is not available or damaged, you should
      contact the manufacturer
      of your computer and request a recovery disc set you can use to reinstall Windows 7. They might charge a small shipping and handling fee. This will exempt the need to use the product key also.

• If none of the above options work or is not available, then its best you purchase a new Windows 10 license:
    Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

I bought a retail box copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1; where do I find the product key?

For Windows 7, the product key can be located on a pamphlet in inside the Windows 7 box.

For Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, the product key can found on a small business size card inside the Windows 8 box.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 27, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows not activated

I think that the support of that early build has stopped. You need to have a newer one like 10041 to update to any other build.

BunnyJ, Apr 27, 2015
  5. I can only find ISO filed for 9926? Would that be sufficient?

PeaceDealer, Apr 27, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Apr 27, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    You're very welcome and have fun with the build.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 27, 2015
  8. Charlie Win User

Windows not activated

The expire date must be still current for the build to work

Charlie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows not activated

1. Windows not activated - Similar Threads - activated

2. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  3. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  4. If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...: Just to clarify, my airpods will connect through bluetooth, but when my phone is also connected through the PhoneLink app, no sound will come out of the airpods. I can only play sound through the computer's speakers. As soon as I forget my phone device in settings, the sound...
  5. If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...

If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...: Just to clarify, my airpods will connect through bluetooth, but when my phone is also connected through the PhoneLink app, no sound will come out of the airpods. I can only play sound through the computer's speakers. As soon as I forget my phone device in settings, the sound...
  6. Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation: Hello Microsoft Community Members,I'm worried about suspicious keylogger software in my PC. I don't know my PC really has keylogger or not but I don't feel safe about it. I just want to factory reset my PC with reinstalling Windows 11 Pro. I know how to reset my PC but just...
  7. Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation

Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation: Hello Microsoft Community Members,I'm worried about suspicious keylogger software in my PC. I don't know my PC really has keylogger or not but I don't feel safe about it. I just want to factory reset my PC with reinstalling Windows 11 Pro. I know how to reset my PC but just...
  8. Purchased more space but it isn't activating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased more space but it isn't activating.: I recently passed my storage capacity and had to purchase more space. After the purchase, my account states that i am only using %1 of my storage space but am still unable to receive, or send emails as if im still full. When i try to send an email or receive one with another...
  9. Purchased more space but it isn't activating.

Purchased more space but it isn't activating.: I recently passed my storage capacity and had to purchase more space. After the purchase, my account states that i am only using %1 of my storage space but am still unable to receive, or send emails as if im still full. When i try to send an email or receive one with another...
  10. Purchased more space but it isn't activating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging