Windows 10: Windows not hibernating after latest update

Discus and support Windows not hibernating after latest update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ever since the last update of windows 10, i have been noticing that at times when i put my laptop to hibernate, and try to open it after a while, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jenil29, Aug 31, 2015.

1. jenil29 Win User

Windows not hibernating after latest update

Ever since the last update of windows 10, i have been noticing that at times when i put my laptop to hibernate, and try to open it after a while, i find that even though i had full battery, right now there is no battery left...

So i tried it again and i found that the laptop remains running even after i put it to hibernate, but with the screen off..
    I can not figure out what is causing this..

Any help would be appreciated...

:)

jenil29, Aug 31, 2015

2. hibernating windows 10

My hibernate never appeared from day one, so even if I Uninstall the updates, I will still have the same problem, Any idea how I can still solve this? I really need that hibernate button back

TawandaMashava, Aug 31, 2015
  3. hibernating windows 10

Hi Andriy,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I understand that the hibernate option is not available after installing latest Windows update.

As you are facing the issue after installing latest Windows update, I suggest you to uninstall the latest Windows update installed in your computer and check if you are able to access the hibernate option . Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, and select
      Programs and features.

• Click on View installed updates on the left navigation pane.

• Now find the latest update installed, right click and select
      uninstall.

• Click on yes if prompted.

• Reboot the system and check if you face the issue.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Windows not hibernating after latest update

1. Windows not hibernating after latest update - Similar Threads - hibernating latest update

2. No audio after latest windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after latest windows updates: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 computer and have the latest bios and Realtek audio driver from Dell, but audio stopped working after last Windows update. The troubleshooter is no help--it thinks there isn't a problem. After trying to send a tone and replying I didn't hear it, it...
  3. Windows doesn't sleep or hibernate properly after the latest update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows doesn't sleep or hibernate properly after the latest update: On my Dell Inspiron laptop, my Windows 10 recently got updated to 20H2. Since then, the sleep/hibernate functionality of my laptop seems to have gone for a toss. I have the habit of unplugging my laptop and letting it go to sleep and then hibernate automatically. Sometimes, I...
  4. BSOD after latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after latest Windows Update: I am getting very frequent and annoying BSOD error, which stay at 0%. What is causing it seems to be the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. The question is how do i fix it? I tried reinstalling drivers/software and pretty much everything, including the BIOS legacy update. I also...
  5. After latest update windows update broke

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After latest update windows update broke: https://imgur.com/a/s7UfSeY Its stuck there endless loading and a white screen. Tried to stop and restart the services and restarting the pc of course, with no results. Any ideas?...
  6. Hibernate fails after windows update

Hibernate fails after windows update: I am running windows 10 on a dell xps laptop. Hibernate stopped working after I installed the following updates KB 2565063, KB 4556799, KB 4560959, KB 4561600, KB 4560960, Intel SCSI Adapter I tried winding back the system using system restore but hthat didnt work and I...
  7. Windows crashed after updating the latest update/

Windows crashed after updating the latest update/: hi im now writing this from UBUNTU running from usb drive without installing. After last night i installed latest update my pc didnt start. i tried every microosft community answers i faced online. sfc scannow and other things . NO solution / It only saves a text folder...
  8. Issues after latest Windows Update

Issues after latest Windows Update: So Windows updated last night upon shut down, and when I tried to turn it on this morning it's messed up. I can log in just fine, and then my desktop shows for a second before going to a black screen where you can still see the mouse moving around. I tried hitting ctrl alt...
  9. Hibernation not working after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation not working after Windows updates: I've been having a problem from time to time with my Dell XPS 8930 that has the Optane memory (probably not the cause). After updating Windows, I sometimes find that when I hibernate the computer, the next time I turn it on, it's as if it had shut down rather than hibernate...
  10. Hibernate doesn't 'wakeup' after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate doesn't 'wakeup' after latest update: After Win 10 last updated (Anniversary edition), When I use Hibernate and try to wake it up it will start and then stop at the windows symbol screen indefinitely. I have unchecked the Fast Boot-up per other instructions. Sleep works okay. 68232