Windows 10: Windows not hibernating when reaching critical battery level.

Discus and support Windows not hibernating when reaching critical battery level. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have power settings which make computer go to hibernation on reaching critical battery level, and my critical battery level is set to 30% for on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by manubhatt3, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Windows not hibernating when reaching critical battery level.

I have power settings which make computer go to hibernation on reaching critical battery level, and my critical battery level is set to 30% for on battery. Since yesterday, my PC won't go to hibernation on reaching 30%, instead there is a red crosshair which keeps blinking on the battery indicator at the bottom right(see image).Bdw, I am able to hibernate it manually.Any solutions?

Windows not hibernating when reaching critical battery level. [​IMG]

:)

manubhatt3, Dec 30, 2016

2. Laptop not hibernating at low battery

My HP laptop does not hibernate at low battery instead, it turns off (not shutting down). I'm getting the low battery warning when the battery is at 18%. the critical battery level is set at 10% and critical battery
    action is Hibernate. Problem is device fails to hibernate even after the battery level reaches below 10. it goes till 7-6 % and turns off. I also tried with different critical battery levels. I've even tried battery calibration multiple times but no use.
    And when I charge my laptop it reaches 100% but when I hover the mouse over the battery sign it says 100% available (plugged in, charging) and the battery indicator never turns to white from red. Please Help

PrasanthBenjamin, Dec 30, 2016
  3. Eric.Yue Win User
    Cannot enter hibernate mode when battery capacity reach to critical low level

Dear Sirs

I got a notebook. The OS is windows 10. I wanted the system enter hibernate mode when battery capacity reach to 10%. So, I set critical battery level to 10% and critical battery action to hibernate mode. But, the system does not enter hibernate mode when
    battery capacity lower than critical battery level. Please help!

Windows not hibernating when reaching critical battery level. [​IMG]

Eric.Yue, Dec 30, 2016
  4. Windows not hibernating when reaching critical battery level.

manubhatt3,

The hibernation option may have turned off for some unknown reason.Try turning hibernation on and see if the issue reoccurs.

Right click on the Start Menu, and select: Command Prompt (Admin)
    Copy/paste the following line located inside the code box to the command prompt, and press Enter:

Code: powercfg /h on [/quote]
    Restart your computer.

cottonball, Dec 30, 2016
Thema:

Windows not hibernating when reaching critical battery level.

1. Windows not hibernating when reaching critical battery level. - Similar Threads - hibernating reaching critical

2. What is Reserve Battery Level? How does it differ from Critical Battery Level?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Reserve Battery Level? How does it differ from Critical Battery Level?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]On a Windows 10 laptop, you must have seen battery level warnings. These notifications ask Windows users to save the work and shut down the computer or connect the laptop to a power source or change the battery. There are [...] This post What is Reserve...
  3. Battery charge level

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery charge level: Hi, I have a question I wanted to ask about battery charge level. I support several client and I've been getting a lot of complains about laptops that are plugged in (and it shows as plugged in) but not charging. I suspect that at least in some of those cases that may not be...
  4. battery level

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery level: At one point windows ask if I wanted the battery level to be less when plugged in. Unfortunately, I updated. Now a want a full charge on the battery so computer can be used while traveling. I can't find the place to change it back to full power charge. Can anyone help???...
  5. Battery drain in hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drain in hibernation: I have my laptop set to hibernate after I press my power button when I have finished using it for the moment. After a recent update, I have noticed that there seems to be a drain on my battery after I have put the pc in hibernation. The battery will have more than 50% power...
  6. Battery charging level

Battery charging level: hello dear, I want to stop charging my battery when charging reached 80%. How i set this satting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-level/c5a9c2fb-7890-48eb-aaa2-1f089b0683d1
  7. battery not reaching 100 persent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not reaching 100 persent: Hello there i have a problem in which the battery of my computer does not reach 100% it just stops at 99% could this be a hardware or software issue and should I be worried please note that I have all my windows 10 updates to the latest version and I'm using a Hawaii matebook...
  8. battery level icon on taskbar

battery level icon on taskbar: On my other computer running Windows 10, I have a battery icon showing in my system tray that shows how much charge is left in the battery. On my current computer, this is not there and I cannot find how to add it. Any suggestions?...
  9. Battery level notficication

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery level notficication: Hey people, Does any one know if windows 10 has a option so that i get a notification when my battery is fully charged? Or if there is a app for it that i can download? 19720
  10. Add or Remove Critical battery level from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Critical battery level from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Critical battery level from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Critical battery level" from Power Options in Windows The configure notification and action settings you want when the computer's battery reaches a set low and critical level....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 laptop does not hibernate on critical battery