Windows 10: Windows not reading monitor EDID

Discus and support Windows not reading monitor EDID in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a new monitor, an Eizo EV2750, which Windows only recognizes as a generic PnP monitor. I've tried connecting it thorugh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gregow, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Gregow Win User

Windows not reading monitor EDID

Hi,

I recently got a new monitor, an Eizo EV2750, which Windows only recognizes as a generic PnP monitor.

I've tried connecting it thorugh DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI without any luck. The often mentioned sollution, to unlplug everything and wait 10 minutes, does not work either.

The graphics card seems to read the EDID however, as in nVidia control panel it displays correctly as EV2750. Same thing with other applications, like DisplayCAL which I use as my color management system.

Seems like it's only an issue with Windows. This issue, however, also means that I can't get full functionality from the monitor. For instance, the ambient light sensor does not work (which is typical when Windows doesn't recognize the display properly).

Does anyone have any sollutions to this?

:)

Gregow, Feb 27, 2016

2. Importing monitor.inf file will fix the edid problem ?

Hi,

An incorrect or invalid EDID (Extended Display Identification Data)
    info on the monitor's EEPROM (electrically erasable programmable read-only memory) can lead to problems such as setting incorrect display modes. We suggest that you contact your monitor manufacturer for assistance in updating or overriding an EDID using an
    INF.

For additional reference, please check the links provided below:

Overriding Monitor EDIDs with an INF.

Monitor INF File Sections.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Win10, display turned off, the resolution is only 1024*768, when turning back on, resolution is normal

the monitor turned off, windows 10 change the resolution to 1024*768, turned it back on, windows 10 changes the resolution to 1080P or 4K. each monitor has its own EDID information stored in win10 registry. remote software doesn't have other options some
    time.

it looks like the bug (i guess) of Win10 is if it doesn't detect a realtime physical EDID, it will just go to 1024*768. not sure how i can set up my monitors to change that while it is turned off.

sanjose_cali, Feb 27, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

It seems you need a monitor "driver".
    Monitor drivers aren't really drivers at all, just identification data that the OS can read and file to identify the device correctly.

Most monitor "drivers" are offered up by Windows Update. But if your monitor is too new to be included in the vast list of Windows drivers, then it may be a while before it shows.

If your monitor came with a disk (CD or DVD) you can check to see if there is a "driver" offered there.
    Otherwise, check the manufacturer's website.

5. Gregow Win User
    That's what the EDID does. It's monitor identification data stored in the monitors EEPROM. Windows fails to read that, while other software works.

Gregow, Feb 28, 2016
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Did you check to see if there was a driver of some sort?

If you think that Windows can't read the EDID from the EEPROM then you could check for a monitor firmware update (bug fix), or it could be the monitor is defective.

Thema:

1. Windows not reading monitor EDID - Similar Threads - reading monitor EDID

2. Force Graphics Output with no EDID data

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Force Graphics Output with no EDID data: I’m looking for a solution to use a monitor that is not able to send the EDID data correctly.I know, I’m stretching the limits with my use case, however, I hope somebody knows how this is supposed to work.I’ve got a secondary display that uses a 20m high quality HTMI cable to...
  3. Force Graphics Output with no EDID data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force Graphics Output with no EDID data: I’m looking for a solution to use a monitor that is not able to send the EDID data correctly.I know, I’m stretching the limits with my use case, however, I hope somebody knows how this is supposed to work.I’ve got a secondary display that uses a 20m high quality HTMI cable to...
  4. Force Graphics Output with no EDID data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDR To monitor thats not support HDR flag in the EDID handshake

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR To monitor thats not support HDR flag in the EDID handshake: I have small HDR Monitor from Atomos. Sad its not possible Unfortunately, the Ninja Flame was mainly developed for use as an On-Camera Monitor/Recorder, so it's geared to work with HDMI Video Signals that just get fed out of a Camera without the need of there being...
  6. How to force output to monitor with invalid EDID?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to force output to monitor with invalid EDID?: A fairly old 27" tv stopped detecting signal via my pc's display port, but kept working on vga. It is dual-booting windows 10 and ubuntu. It shows no BIOS screens, but once ubuntu starts loading, it would detect and output a signal, albeit the wrong resolution. From ubuntu's...
  7. How to force output to monitor with invalid EDID?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force output to monitor with invalid EDID?: A fairly old 27" tv stopped detecting signal via my pc's display port, but kept working on vga. It is dual-booting windows 10 and ubuntu. It shows no BIOS screens, but once ubuntu starts loading, it would detect and output a signal, albeit the wrong resolution. From ubuntu's...
  8. Windows 10 can't read monitor data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 can't read monitor data: Windows 10 Pro 1803 17134.228 on ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 with Intel i7-6700k and HP w2007 Monitor connected by 10' HDMI cable and it was all working last week. Three times now in the last 3 days, the computer has gone black. No task bar, no remote desktop, then did RD...
  9. Windows 10 can't read monitor data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 can't read monitor data: Windows 10 Pro 1803 17134.228 on ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 with Intel i7-6700k and HP w2007 Monitor connected by 10' HDMI cable and it was all working last week. Three times now in the last 3 days, the computer has gone black. No task bar, no remote desktop, then did RD...
  10. Windows cannot detect monitor resolution. No EDID detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows cannot detect monitor resolution. No EDID detected: I bought LG 23MP67HQ as my second monitor because it has HDMI input. Tested OK and well at the shop. It has two display input, VGA and HDMI. My first monitor has VGA and DVI port. My graphics card is ASUS STRIX GTX960. Which has three display ports, One HDMI and one DVI....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix nvidia monitor edid windows 10

2. windows 10 display edid reading

3. edid not reading correctly