Windows 10: windows not responding error

Discus and support windows not responding error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; every other day or so, I get this error and the system hangs until I push the reset button...have done sfc & dism multiple times...have done upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ALF, Nov 26, 2015.

1. ALF
    ALF Win User

windows not responding error

every other day or so, I get this error and the system hangs until I push the reset button...have done sfc & dism multiple times...have done upgrade inside Win10 also. Things work well for a few days then this starts again. Need Help ASAP

:)

2. ''not responding'' error

Hi Shebams,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could be due to the system file is corruptor third party software is conflicting to the issue. Let’s try the simple steps and check.

Method 1.

I recommend you to perform SFC scan, System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Follow the below link on how to run SFC scan.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

If above method does not fix the issue let’s try below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to perform Clean boot and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below link
    on how to perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 26, 2015
  3. SHEBAMS Win User
    ''not responding'' error

Original title: NO RESPONSE

I recently updated my PC to Windows 10. Whenever i open my file and select to watch a movies or anything the page gets stuck and i keep getting the "not responding" thing. And when clicking on the start button there is no response none whatsoever. i have
    to click the right button on the start button to shut down the PC. What is the solution to this?? Should i uninstall the windows 10 and go back to 7???

SHEBAMS, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

windows not responding error

1. windows not responding error - Similar Threads - responding error

2. Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...: Whenever I try to start the Windows 10 update service, it fails with error 1053: "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." The service cannot start at all. I also cannot view the update history, although I was able to install updates....
  3. Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...: Whenever I try to start the Windows 10 update service, it fails with error 1053: "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." The service cannot start at all. I also cannot view the update history, although I was able to install updates....
  4. Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...: I have probably found out why my Windows Update says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later." yet again.What I'm trying to do here, is to change the startup type, because it shouldn't be on "Automatic Delayed Start" but only on Automatic, which will probably fix...
  6. Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...

Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...: I have probably found out why my Windows Update says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later." yet again.What I'm trying to do here, is to change the startup type, because it shouldn't be on "Automatic Delayed Start" but only on Automatic, which will probably fix...
  7. Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. What should i do to fix a desktop pc stuck on PXE-E61 error without any usb port responding...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should i do to fix a desktop pc stuck on PXE-E61 error without any usb port responding...: Please help, i have hp elite desktop i3 which when got PXE-E61 error on startup and my keyboard is not working. I tried switching to different usb ports but to no avail. I tried using a gaming keyboard it is only showing those lights which are shown when the pc has slept and...
  9. What should i do to fix a desktop pc stuck on PXE-E61 error without any usb port responding...

What should i do to fix a desktop pc stuck on PXE-E61 error without any usb port responding...: Please help, i have hp elite desktop i3 which when got PXE-E61 error on startup and my keyboard is not working. I tried switching to different usb ports but to no avail. I tried using a gaming keyboard it is only showing those lights which are shown when the pc has slept and...
  10. What should i do to fix a desktop pc stuck on PXE-E61 error without any usb port responding...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware