Windows 10: Windows not saving program preference anymore after latest update.

Discus and support Windows not saving program preference anymore after latest update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the latest update (KB3172985) of july 12 my windows 10 pro x64 is not saving the default browser anymore for instance. When I try setting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alien00785, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Windows not saving program preference anymore after latest update.

After the latest update (KB3172985) of july 12 my windows 10 pro x64 is not saving the default browser anymore for instance. When I try setting the default browser the field just remains blank. Also every time a link is opened a menu asks me to select a browser, when I tick the box saying always use this program for this action, the default browser is still not set. All other program preferences won't update as well. I just reset them to see what happens and I can't change any of them now.

Is this a common issue, also what are the potential fixes short of reinstalling windows.

Thanks

:)

alien00785, Jul 14, 2016
  2. 6120user Win User

6120 - how to disable automatic keylock/sleepmode?

The factory reset (*#7370#) helped.

Saved all content and preferences/set up on my comp, during trying to save the phones preferences, there was some sort of error message, probably do to the bug, mentioned.

Anyway, after the restart I could save everything back to the phone, no error anymore, nothing lost, but the automatic keylock has disappeared.

Thx again for help.

6120user, Jul 14, 2016
  3. PerCT01 Win User
    Mouse and pointing device no longer on Decice manager

Hi

No update or new installation of any programs was done , I'm running Windows 10.

I just restarted the computer (as it runs mostly for days without been switched off) and after restart I was not able to use the mouse anymore.

I thought its the batteries, than I used 2 different Mousse on different USB ports on blue tooth and one with cable..

than only i checked in the device management and there was no "mouse and pointing device " anymore.

I tried recovery in save mode to the latest point but didn't change anything. The mouse is working in bios but not in windows!

looking forward hearing from you

PerCT

PerCT01, Jul 14, 2016
Thema:

Windows not saving program preference anymore after latest update.

1. Windows not saving program preference anymore after latest update. - Similar Threads - saving program preference

2. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program not working after latest windows update.: Hello support. After last windows update my label creating program is not working. When I click on the icon this Labelview program starts for a moment that means a small window appears for 2 seconds and then disappears. Program does not start. Program name is: Labelview....
  3. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program not working after latest windows update.: Hello support. After last windows update my label creating program is not working. When I click on the icon this Labelview program starts for a moment that means a small window appears for 2 seconds and then disappears. Program does not start. Program name is: Labelview....
  4. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Failure to save preferences

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failure to save preferences: I get the request to select preferences on many websites, which say they have saved the preferences, but the next time I go into the site, it asks again, The preferences have not been saved. Is there something I have done in my settings which is stopping the saving of...
  6. Failure to save preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to save preferences: I get the request to select preferences on many websites, which say they have saved the preferences, but the next time I go into the site, it asks again, The preferences have not been saved. Is there something I have done in my settings which is stopping the saving of...
  7. Failure to save preferences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows saved Credentials not working after the latest update!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows saved Credentials not working after the latest update!: Hi, After latest updates, my Windows 10 is asking for password for every site in Edge browser (even though it has saved passwords - worked fine prior to the update) and also for every Remote desktop connection even though I saved the credentials. Occasionally, keep getting...
  9. programs crashing after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs crashing after latest windows update: I have an HP G6 Notebook with Windows 10. I have the most current windows 10. Ever since the new update, I will be doing something and some or all of the programs say not responding, or they all just turn off and disappear. When I run troubleshooting, I go to windows store...
  10. Latest windows 10 update. Existing program will not work anymore.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows 10 update. Existing program will not work anymore.: I have been running the program by Steinberg Cubase 9.5 (studio recording software). After the latest windows update it will not work anymore. Windows installer dialog comes up and it gets stuck on "preparing to install"...