Windows 10: Windows not updating since a week.

Discus and support Windows not updating since a week. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit Home standalone computer (no domain or anything) [img] This is whats coming up every time I try to update or even if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by joncenawordlife, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Windows not updating since a week.

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit Home standalone computer (no domain or anything)

Windows not updating since a week. [​IMG]

This is whats coming up every time I try to update or even if when windows tries to update itself. Happening since past 10 days now.

But funny part is if I select the option checkbox "Get me updates for other microsoft products when I update windows" it properly give updates for all my Ms office etc. products without any error.

Its just some issue with only windows updates.

I tried dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

But no corruption was found.

Tried sfc /scannow found no issues with any files.

In C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log it does detects/shows 15 updates but its not able to download.

Tries MS Windows update repair tool it says it found and fixed some problems but it hasnt.

Rebooted system several times tried to update from multiple user accounts but issue persists.

If its able to download updates for Office, Visio or visual studio then why it isnt downloading the normal windows updates?

:)

joncenawordlife, Feb 4, 2018
  2. auggy Win User

Get a frequent BSOD since a week

It may help to look at the minidump files from the blue screen crashes.

Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site.

Here's a link on using OneDrive:

Share OneDrive files and folders

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop

Also, you do not necessarily have to zip up the minidump files, you can upload them one at a time.

auggy, Feb 4, 2018
  3. auggy Win User
    Get a frequent BSOD since a week

You're welcome. Thanks for the follow-up.

auggy, Feb 4, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows not updating since a week.

dalchina, Feb 4, 2018
  5. Tried and the process went smooth and rebooted. But still same issue. No improvement.

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log

{78E640CA-0340-4BBE-823A-58EEB2BABAE5} 2018-02-05 20:59:20:693+0530 1 147 [AGENT_DETECTION_FINISHED] 101 {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} 0 0 WuApplicabilityScan Success Software Synchronization Windows Update Client successfully detected 0 updates. Kq4gp+qLckiHEVXd.1.0.0.3.0
    {DFBAB615-F931-43F0-BE86-CBEAAFF95EE6} 2018-02-05 21:00:11:163+0530 1 147 [AGENT_DETECTION_FINISHED] 101 {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} 0 0 UpdateOrchestrator Success Software Synchronization Windows Update Client successfully detected 0 updates. Ayd/l46H+kKeQHUI.0.1.0.0.3.0
    {19CFE780-A54E-4830-BCF7-32DC7156792A} 2018-02-05 21:00:57:626+0530 1 147 [AGENT_DETECTION_FINISHED] 101 {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} 0 0 UpdateOrchestrator Success Software Synchronization Windows Update Client successfully detected 15 updates. Ayd/l46H+kKeQHUI.0.1.0.0.4.0
    {5BA43288-BD01-4F8C-B2B8-4CCB660A930F} 2018-02-05 21:01:08:482+0530 1 147 [AGENT_DETECTION_FINISHED] 101 {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} 0 0 UpdateOrchestrator Success Software Synchronization Windows Update Client successfully detected 0 updates. 7dJnTn/ApkeKVDJR.0.1.0.0.3.0

It detects 15 updates every time but fetches none instead throws same error.

joncenawordlife, Feb 4, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    1) open administrative powershell and type or copy and paste: Get-WindowsUpdateLog
    Post a zip into the thread.
    2) Run this version of the log collector and post a zip into this thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

zbook, Feb 4, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    In the meantime, download and try the Windows Update MiniTool (it uses a different API to grab updates). This may not only get you what you're looking for, but when I've gotten hosed with WU on other occasions, using WUMT successfully somehow also restores WU to "normal operation" (whatever that means!).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 5, 2018
  8. Callender Win User

Post screenshots of registry here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

Additionally on a 64bit machine:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

EDIT: Don't use the settings in the screenshots. They are specifically for my machine.

Example:

Also in my opinion that reset Windows Update script doesn't do everything that it's supposed to do. You really would need to disconnct from internet and stop Windows Update service before running the script, rebooting then reconfiguring Windows Update settings before reconnecting and rebooting once more.

You could just disconnect from internet and stop WU service then run the script here:

Script Reset Windows Update Agent

Extract the file to desktop. Disconnect from internet (switch off router) - Stop Windows Update service via run dialog box [WINKEY+R] then type services.ms and scroll down to Windows Update service and stop it.

Right click the ResetWUEng.cmd file on your desktop and run as administrator choosing option 2 from the menu. Reboot when finished.

Then shut down your machine and switch your router back on. Boot into windows and reconfigure windows updates in the settings panel. Wait 5 minutes or so before manually running an update check.

Callender, Feb 5, 2018
  9. DIGITAL_EMPIRE (2018-02-06 12 11).zip
    Here is the attached zip from the log collector.

joncenawordlife, Feb 5, 2018
  10. I ran this \Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials
    since then the registry path is nowhere to be found.

Still when i check for updates it properly updates defender and ms office except windows update.

11. zbook New Member
    The website has rules about piracy that prevent us from helping until the piracy is corrected.

Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums

The logs displayed Adobe piracy.

Rule 4

• No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

zbook, Feb 5, 2018
  12. Piracy?? I only have acrobat reader. And its free.

13. zbook New Member

The logs displayed Adobe Photoshop.
    Was that not supposed to be installed?
    c:\program files\adobe\adobe photoshop cs5 (64 bit)

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows not updating since a week. - Similar Threads - updating since week

2. Location not working since past weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not working since past weeks: Hello. I have two children with Android phones REDMI 9A. We have used Microsoft Family Safety for a few years and location tracking has worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped updating their locations.I looked at every setting on both their phones, making sure...
  3. Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago: Ever since Windows 10 installed updates when I shut down my PC two weeks ago, games have had very poor performance. I mean they are unplayable. All games run like garbage. Very slow, lots of major lag, and many things do not even load in the games since the Windows Update two...
  4. Blue Screen of Death Since Updates this Week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death Since Updates this Week: Greetings. I recently updated my laptop around Monday/Tuesday. Ever since, I have gone from having a Blue Screen of Death about once a month to once an hour. It is corrupting numerous documents each time it crashes. I worry it is the most recent update because it started the...
  5. Windows Update and AppXSVC causing high CPU since a few weeks

Windows Update and AppXSVC causing high CPU since a few weeks: This is a 8 months old Surface 7 with Win 10 Pro 1903. Since a few weeks, without apparent reason, Windows Update and AppXSVC together use about 40% CPU steadily and turn the Surface red hot for about 10 to 20 minutes after every cold boot. Is that normal ???? I have...
  6. Random BSODs since update last week

Random BSODs since update last week: Windows version 1903. Ever since a middle of the night update last week (10/5) the system has random bsods. Also cannot access the system information app, "windows management files may be moved or missing." although running sfc /scannow reports everything is fine. The...
  7. Windows 10 update facing problem since last week's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update facing problem since last week's: Windows 10 update facing problem since last 2 week's, showing message We couldn't complete the features, undoing changes, Don't turn off your computer.....
  8. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  9. GMail SUPER SLOW since a week

in Windows 10 Support
    GMail SUPER SLOW since a week: Hi, first off, my PC is 9th gen, with 64GB of DDR-4 RAM. Latest Win 10. Not sure why but my gmail is becoming unusable... been like that for about a week now and I don't know what is causing it. I'll try to apply a label - I'll click the label button and will take over 10...
  10. Weird 'update' errors since last week now and then

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Weird 'update' errors since last week now and then: Hi all! Since last week I see on most systems here now and then the following in Windows Problem Report: [img] I assume I am not the only one and it looks like a Microsoft-server is overloaded. Is there any way to get rid of those errors? The strange thing is that...