Windows 10: windows & nvidia calibrations doesn't work

Discus and support windows & nvidia calibrations doesn't work in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; my windows calibration and my calibration with nvidia control panel resets everytime i launch a game on steam or somewhere else... this is seriously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Cerawy, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

windows & nvidia calibrations doesn't work

my windows calibration and my calibration with nvidia control panel resets everytime i launch a game on steam or somewhere else... this is seriously annoying... please help

:)

Cerawy, Jul 7, 2017
  2. MartinRJ Win User

Windows 10 color calibration keeps resetting

I am having this same issue on all of my Windows 10 PCs in all versions of Windows 10 I've ever had as well.

Every time I switch from 'main monitor only' to 'extend all monitors' or back, or similar, the calibration is lost and reverts to default.

I've tried all troubleshooting-tips I could find for months! But I wasn't able to fix this yet.

I also tried to set the color management settings to use "windows calibration", and went to "change system defaults" to set up the calibration there, but all of that also doesn't help.

I am tired of having to manually click the "reload current calibrations" button multiple times a day.

I had this issue with all driver versions, always. With Intel, NVIDIA and AMD GPUs. Everywhere.

MartinRJ, Jul 7, 2017
  3. KomK Win User
    How to remove or reset Windows display calibration to the default?

A few months ago I calibrated the display on my monitor for a while and then no longer had need for it and used the default Windows calibration again. However, the calibration still lingers and comes up whenever the computer boots up after a shutdown/restart
    on the Windows log-in screen and including the initial minutes of computer usage after logging in, as well as whenever I run a game with an exclusive fullscreen option (such as Dota 2). I've deleted the custom calibration from my profiles, but it did nothing
    to remove the calibration. Recalibrating is extremely difficult to recreate the default calibration, so that's not really an option I can go through with. I don't have a system restore point before the calibration was made either (most recent restore point
    was on 1/23/16, the time where I made the custom calibration was in the middle of October 2015).

What I need to fix this issue is a way to remove the custom color calibration completely or resetting the calibration to the default so that it doesn't override the default Windows calibration whenever I start up my laptop or run an exclusive fullscreen
    game.

Specs:

Laptop model: ASUS G551JW

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

CPU: Intel i7 4720HQ @ 2.6GHz

Windows 10 ver: 1551

KomK, Jul 7, 2017
  4. Cerawy Win User

Cerawy, Jul 16, 2017
  5. bobkn Win User
    I intended to direct you to this thread:

Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

but I see that you've already posted in it.

I don't know how common the problem is. I've managed to calibrate my display (Xrite I1 Display). The color profile that it generated is the only one visible in the Color Management control panel.

All that I can think of is that if you have multiple profiles visible in that control panel, remove all but the one that you wish to use.

bobkn, Jul 17, 2017
  6. Cerawy Win User
    What do you mean with multiple profiles visible in my control panel?

Cerawy, Jul 23, 2017
  7. Cerawy Win User
    If you are talking about the control panel where you can choose between a printer and the standard pnp monitor then no, I have tried deleting the profile from there but it doesnt solve the problem.

Cerawy, Jul 29, 2017
  8. bobkn Win User

I meant the Color management control panel.

bobkn, Jul 30, 2017
  9. Cerawy Win User
    I don't know what you mean then. Would it help to buy a new graphics card?

Cerawy, Jul 31, 2017
  10. eLPuSHeR Win User
    This isssue is fixed in some Insider build. Let's wait for Fall Creators Update because it has not been fixed yet for CU (15063.502)

eLPuSHeR, Aug 2, 2017
  11. bobkn Win User
    Unlikely.

I've attached a snapshot of the CM control panel.

windows & nvidia calibrations doesn't work [​IMG]

bobkn, Aug 2, 2017
  12. Cerawy Win User
    I have the PnP monitor selected just like on your screengrab. I have also checked use my settings for this device.

Cerawy, Aug 5, 2017
  13. bobkn Win User

I refer to the color profile.

bobkn, Aug 5, 2017
  14. Cerawy Win User
    Screengrab
    windows & nvidia calibrations doesn't work [​IMG]

Cerawy, Aug 5, 2017
  15. stormy13 Win User
    Check to see if there is a driver (an .inf and color profile really) for your monitor from the manufacturer. Some monitors don't like to play nice (color profiles, resolution, etc.) using the default Windows standard monitor driver.

stormy13, Aug 5, 2017
Thema:

1. windows & nvidia calibrations doesn't work - Similar Threads - nvidia calibrations doesn't

2. display colour calibration not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display colour calibration not working: When I try to go into display colour calibration, it does not work when I try to adjust anything, the gamma or contrast or brightness, I move the sliders up/down and it doesn't change anything.I'm on a fresh install windows 10 22H2, fully updated with the latest display...
  3. display colour calibration not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    display colour calibration not working: When I try to go into display colour calibration, it does not work when I try to adjust anything, the gamma or contrast or brightness, I move the sliders up/down and it doesn't change anything.I'm on a fresh install windows 10 22H2, fully updated with the latest display...
  4. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.: How do I turn it on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidias-control-panel-color-slider-doesnt-work/fdf82df8-3c53-4c05-9e4c-1bbd5c24f24f
  5. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.: How do I turn it on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidias-control-panel-color-slider-doesnt-work/fdf82df8-3c53-4c05-9e4c-1bbd5c24f24f
  6. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

7. Touch screen calibration is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen calibration is not working: I recently bought a drawing tablet, however, I cannot seem to get the calibration for the tablet working whatsoever. I installed all the drivers and my computer is fully updated, so that's not the issue. The issue is that when the calibration screen comes up, I cannot get it...
  8. Unable to change gamma in NVIDIA Control Panel or Calibration Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change gamma in NVIDIA Control Panel or Calibration Tool: So, this has happened a couple of times to me. A windows update finally goes through and for some reason it changes my gamma setting back to normal, ignoring what I set it to in the NVIDIA control panel. When I got back to the control panel and move the gamma slider, nothing...
  9. colour calibration is not working

colour calibration is not working: colour calibration is not working - i go through the calibration process but it keeps reverting to the original "red" tone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colour-calibration-is-not-working/75644ad2-5f7d-4e22-b2f3-2cca25b2ae34
  10. Nvidia calibration doesn't load on start up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia calibration doesn't load on start up: I thought this was solved with a previous update but the problem has come back after renstalling windows. My nvidia calibration doesn't load on start up, i have to right click my desktop, click on nvidia control panel, click use nvidia settings and then click apply everytime...