Windows 10: windows oem key not working saying i need to activate still

Discus and support windows oem key not working saying i need to activate still in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; windows oem key not working saying i need to activate still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GREEN65555, Jul 17, 2018.

1. windows oem key not working saying i need to activate still

windows oem key not working saying i need to activate still

:)

GREEN65555, Jul 17, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Jul 17, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Win7 and Vista. It did not work with XP, OEM and Retail discs were different for XP(and anything pre-XP).

If it is already installed, you can enter it when you activate.

Is it saying the key is not valid or is it failing activation? A screen shot of the error it is giving you would help a lot.

newtekie1, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. windows oem key not working saying i need to activate still - Similar Threads - oem key working

2. OEM Key not Activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Key not Activated: I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 but OEM Windows 7 Home Premium key by Sony Corporation, enter product key is say Key is invalid. I checked specs page is Windows 7 Home Premium Factory Windows and installed same edition but Windows say I have 3 days to activate Windows,...
  3. OEM Key not Activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM Key not Activated: I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 but OEM Windows 7 Home Premium key by Sony Corporation, enter product key is say Key is invalid. I checked specs page is Windows 7 Home Premium Factory Windows and installed same edition but Windows say I have 3 days to activate Windows,...
  4. Activate Windows using OEM Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows using OEM Key: I bought a used HP 840 G3 Elitebook from a vendor, who told me that this laptop has a pre-activated window. After using it for 6 months, the license somehow 'expired', giving me the error "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...
  5. Activate Windows using OEM Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows using OEM Key: I bought a used HP 840 G3 Elitebook from a vendor, who told me that this laptop has a pre-activated window. After using it for 6 months, the license somehow 'expired', giving me the error "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...
  6. Activate Windows using OEM Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. OEM activation key will not work

OEM activation key will not work: After crash and reinstall of windows 10 Pro from windows 10 Home installation disc, my OEM activation key is not accepted. How do I reactivate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-activation-key-will-not-work/01fc42a4-c68a-4192-a921-c1cd9544acf2
  8. windows activation error with OEM key

windows activation error with OEM key: my OEM description is demanding for windows 10 RTM core country specific but i have installed windows 10 pro and its not activated with this OEM key so which version of window 10 should i have to install?...
  9. Do i still need an activation key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do i still need an activation key?: Ive downloaded the windows 10 (from my laptop that has win10) set up in a flash drive and its ready to go on my new ssd. I was wondering if it would still have the watermark at the bottom right corner. submitted by /u/jepps09 [link] [comments]...
  10. windows 10 activation reinstalled the original still says i need pass key go to the store...

windows 10 activation reinstalled the original still says i need pass key go to the store...: where do you find it in windows store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-reinstalled-the-original/f22038b7-51c1-4ae4-bb1d-050e5f58832a"