Windows 10: Windows Office 10 Outlook

Discus and support Windows Office 10 Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When opening my email I always get a blank page and then have to click on "Inbox" before I can get to my mail. Is there a way of correcting this so it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RonBin79, Aug 17, 2017.

1. RonBin79 Win User

Windows Office 10 Outlook

When opening my email I always get a blank page and then have to click on "Inbox" before I can get to my mail. Is there a way of correcting this so it opens directly to the mail please?

:)

RonBin79, Aug 17, 2017
  2. mlg63 Win User

outlook problems

Several programs are called Outlook. Which one do you have? MS Office's Outlook (what version--very old version do not work on win 10) or Windows 10 Outlook (formerly Hotmail)--Windows 7 does not have the new win 10 Outlook.

edit-- newer versions of Office like Office 365 are subscription versions that expire annually.

mlg63, Aug 17, 2017
  3. Outlook mail application in windows 10 won't show alias accounts

Hi David,

When you say Outlook mail in Windows 10, are you referring to the default mail app in Windows 10? or is it MS Office Outlook? If it is MS Office? Which version of Office are you using?

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Aug 17, 2017
  4. Windows Office 10 Outlook

Hi RonBin79.

Sorry to ask but as MS has named things so close and there are so many mail programs.

Is this Microsoft Office Outlook 20xx? (Or Office 365)

If this is Outlook 20xx, click on File, upper left, then Options, then Advance. In 2013, third box down on right is "Open Start and Exit". You can tell Outlook where you want to start.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 17, 2017
  5. Rocky Win User
    I agree with Ken, are you using Outlook 20xx or the built in mail app?

Rocky, Aug 17, 2017
  6. Amazing that it runs. I don't believe 2003 back is supported so eventually you are going to have some real issues. I would seriuosly recommend looking at alternatives before that happens.

In the the second screen shot "General is at the top, nine entries down is "Advance". Click it and look for something like "Open Start and exit".

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 17, 2017
  7. Rocky Win User
    Since Microsoft does not support that app, and has not for several years, you are lucky that it works at all.

Rocky, Aug 17, 2017
  8. meebers Win User

Just a note, you are exposing your email address in the first & third shot.*Shock

meebers, Aug 18, 2017
  9. Good catch. Ron, please delete the two images. We know what you are running.

Caledon Ken, Aug 18, 2017
  10. RonBin79 Win User
    Thanks once again chaps, very kind of you to help. Yes, I am still using Microsoft Office 10 Outlook 2010. I have had a look as suggested and have attached what I have seen, unfortunately not what I hoped to find*Sad I have attached some more screen shots just in case they may help. As for the age of the programme, it's a bit like it's owner (85+*Smile) I have been using it since 2010, and it was only when Windows did a recent update that things went pear shaped. It sounds to me from what you are saying, I should be starting to fold my tent and move to a more up to date Microsoft Office programme? If I do so, will I come up against a load of trouble, installation, saving and moving all my email info, talking of which, how do I delete the screen you mentioned, the one that displays my email address please? Honestly, it is a pain being old*Mad
    Thanks again for your help I do appreciate it.
    RonB
    Windows Office 10 Outlook [​IMG]

RonBin79, Aug 18, 2017
  11. Rocky Win User
    In post #4 you said that you are using Outlook 2000, which Microsoft does not support. In post #9 you say that you are using Outlook 2010, which is pretty current and used by a lot of forum members. For us to be able to better assist you, which one of these are you actually using?

Rocky, Aug 18, 2017
  12. Rocky Win User
    And RonBin, to make things very clear your computer has a lot of different programs that do different things. If I understand your posts correctly, your operating system is Windows 10. If Windows 10 is your operating system, you do not add that to the name of any other other program that is installed in your computer.

So to be clear you do not say "Microsoft Office 10 Outlook 2010," which mixes three different unrelated elements. Microsoft is a multinational corporation and it is not a software. Microsoft makes Windows and I assume you are using Windows 10, which is the current operating system from Microsoft.

Outlook is an office program that allows one to get email and stuff on their computers, but again this is not related to the operating system. So you do not need to say "Microsoft Office 10 Outlook 2010" which mixes up three unrelated elelments;

1. Microsoft, which is a multinational corporation
    2. Windows 10, which is an operating system
    3. Outlook, which is an office program, which we call an app in 2017.

We are all here to help you, but I just wanted to clue you into the type of information that we are asking you for.

Rocky, Aug 18, 2017
  13. Windows Office 10 Outlook

Thanks for asking question Rocky.

Ron re deleting Images. Go back to postings with images. You will see at bottom of posts the ability to "Edit". Click edit, posting will open, click on image, then delete. When all done save.

Ron in your last posting click on "Browse" in the Outlook Start and exit section

Determine which folder you want it to open in and browse to it.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 18, 2017
  14. Try3 Win User
    Ron,

Since you have set your Outlook start & exit to Inbox [shown in your fourth diagram], it ought to do what you want.

I suggest that you run "Microsoft Office diagnostics". It can fix a range of problems in MS Office applications. I do not have the same version of Office as you so I cannot tell you where to find it but, for mine, it can be run from several places including
    Start menu,
    Microsoft Office,
    Microsoft office diagnostics.
    Best of luck,
    Denis

15. or its pointing to an inbox in Personal folders when it should be pointing to the inbox in his mail account.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Office 10 Outlook - Similar Threads - Office Outlook

2. Does the New Outlook replace Outlook versions in Office and Microsoft 365?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the New Outlook replace Outlook versions in Office and Microsoft 365?: Is the "New Outlook" intended to replace all the other versions of Outlook that were packaged with Office and Microsoft 365? Does this mean that I would not get an Outlook if I bought Microsoft 365....
  3. Does the New Outlook replace Outlook versions in Office and Microsoft 365?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the New Outlook replace Outlook versions in Office and Microsoft 365?: Is the "New Outlook" intended to replace all the other versions of Outlook that were packaged with Office and Microsoft 365? Does this mean that I would not get an Outlook if I bought Microsoft 365....
  4. All things Microsoft office no longer working. No outlook, no chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All things Microsoft office no longer working. No outlook, no chrome: Microsoft suggested an update to my Lenovo computer. I went ahead and had that update completed and now nothing in Microsoft Office works on my computer.Kind of ****….My small business can’t survive without my computer...
  5. All things Microsoft office no longer working. No outlook, no chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All things Microsoft office no longer working. No outlook, no chrome: Microsoft suggested an update to my Lenovo computer. I went ahead and had that update completed and now nothing in Microsoft Office works on my computer.Kind of ****….My small business can’t survive without my computer...
  6. All things Microsoft office no longer working. No outlook, no chrome

7. Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...: I am having issues with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop. Sometimes the rules work and sometimes they don't. I have deleted all rules, started over, cleared cache, cleared cookies, and re-installed Outlook 2016 desktop, but to no avail. I am using a 2022 LG Laptop, Windows...
  8. Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...

Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...: I am having issues with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop. Sometimes the rules work and sometimes they don't. I have deleted all rules, started over, cleared cache, cleared cookies, and re-installed Outlook 2016 desktop, but to no avail. I am using a 2022 LG Laptop, Windows...
  9. Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update: Hi,Some laptops in my company suddenly cannot open Microsoft Office attachments. The error says the file is corrupted and cannot be opened. So, I copied the Outlook PST file to another laptop and attachments can be opened. I found out that, the issue happened after the...
  10. Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update

Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update: Hi,Some laptops in my company suddenly cannot open Microsoft Office attachments. The error says the file is corrupted and cannot be opened. So, I copied the Outlook PST file to another laptop and attachments can be opened. I found out that, the issue happened after the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bit.do.editposting