Windows 10: Windows.old

Discus and support Windows.old in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after last windows update (with the assistant) can I delete Winows.old folder? thanks 94539 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zivshosh, Sep 29, 2017.

1. zivshosh Win User

Windows.old

after last windows update (with the assistant) can I delete Winows.old folder?
    thanks

:)

zivshosh, Sep 29, 2017
  2. arunjeet Win User

windows.old

what happens to my windows.old(windows 7) file after 30 days of windows 10 activation?

Do I need to delete the folder manually as it is taking up extra space of the hard disc.

Does deleting that folder result in malfunction of current windows 10?

arunjeet, Sep 29, 2017
  3. Windows.old

I already answered this on the very first page of this thread:

P.S. You won't see the Clean system files button if you run DC as admin. You're doing fine so far; just let the scan complete!

Running DC as admin is simply a much quicker way compared to running it normally, scanning, then clicking
    Clean system files to relaunch the app as admin, scanning again and finally selecting the options. Hope you got it now.

RobertJWin, Sep 29, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Windows.old

Hi there. We get asked this quite regularly.

If you're happy that everythings working and you have your personal documents, then use. Its best to use the built in disk cleaner to remove it though. When you run it click on the clean up system files button.

swarfega, Sep 29, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    It should be automatically deleted after 10 days but if you can't wait, as swarfega says, use Disk Clean up to clean up system files. We even have a tutorial for it...

Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows.old

1. Windows.old - Similar Threads - old

2. I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first: Hi, I cannot log on to my account because its sending the code to the lost number . can you please help me change the number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-remove-my-old-number-and-add-a-new/5b55e383-41e2-4dfd-b5fb-43e4589606cd
  3. I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first: Hi, I cannot log on to my account because its sending the code to the lost number . can you please help me change the number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-remove-my-old-number-and-add-a-new/5b55e383-41e2-4dfd-b5fb-43e4589606cd
  4. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  5. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  6. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  8. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  9. Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...

Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old version of Notepad because I like how it's more simple and it opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall the new Notepad through the start menu and...
  10. Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to use the old version of Notepad in Windows 11 and fix "New > Text...: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old version of Notepad because I like how it's more simple and it opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall the new Notepad through the start menu and...