Windows 10: Windows On Screen Keyboard Caps Lock Problem [Solved]

Discus and support Windows On Screen Keyboard Caps Lock Problem [Solved] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am using a Surface Pro for work. My password let's say is: "ABC123DEf!". To make it easier inserting it into password checks I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Albatrosify, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Windows On Screen Keyboard Caps Lock Problem [Solved]

Hello everyone,

I am using a Surface Pro for work.

My password let's say is: "ABC123DEf!".

To make it easier inserting it into password checks I use the caps lock function and the on display keyboard.

To login into windows it works just fine. I double click the shift key, hit the A, B, C, 1,2,3 buttons and so on.

BUT: when I am logged into Windows and am prompted there for my password and do the same I end up with: ABC!"§....

Eventhough the caps lock should NOT change the characters on the virtual numpad of the display keyboard...

Any idea how to solve this?

:)

Albatrosify, Jul 8, 2018
  2. ttsoldier Win User

Windows 10 Caps Lock light

Strangely enough, since updating to 9879, the caps lock light on my keyboard does not work.

I know it may seem small but it is really annoying not knowing when caps is on or not. My keyboard is backlit and the keys light up fine but the light on the capslock key does not.

I'm dualing booting with Windows 8.1 and if I switch back to 8.1, the caps lock button light works fine, so I know the light it self is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ttsoldier, Jul 8, 2018
  3. CAPS-LOCK in onScreen Keyboard

We wan't Secure Passwords, Don't we? Why is the onscreen Keyboard bugging me with de CAPS-LOCK on notification then? There should be a difference between Shift and CAPS-Lock detection.

BTW Same problem in Windows 8

Guiszappelin, Jul 8, 2018
  4. mobile1 Win User

Windows On Screen Keyboard Caps Lock Problem [Solved]

No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

I got a new keyboard. It does not have a light that shows caps lock on or off.

And a desktop indicator no longer shows caps lock as being turned on or off.

How can I make Windows indicate the caps lock setting?

Thank you for your help.

mobile1, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows On Screen Keyboard Caps Lock Problem [Solved]

1. Windows On Screen Keyboard Caps Lock Problem [Solved] - Similar Threads - Screen Keyboard Caps

2. Caps lock freezes keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock freezes keyboard: Hi. When I press caps lock, my laptop keyboard freezes and it seems activates the Windows key at the same time. It also brings up speech recognition, multiple display function, and starts typing '8' on repeat if a text box is available. When I used a keyboard tester, it seems...
  3. Caps lock freezes keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps lock freezes keyboard: Hi. When I press caps lock, my laptop keyboard freezes and it seems activates the Windows key at the same time. It also brings up speech recognition, multiple display function, and starts typing '8' on repeat if a text box is available. When I used a keyboard tester, it seems...
  4. Caps Lock - keyboard problems

Caps Lock - keyboard problems: Randomly and intermittently - usually in the midst of writing a Word doc or Outlook client email, the keyboard starts acting strange. Caps and lower case function backwards entering upper case letters when I am trying to enter lower case. In addtion, keys like , and ' are...
  5. New keyboard caps lock problem,

New keyboard caps lock problem,: I have a new ergonomic wired MS keyboard, Model #1878-1923 X22-18381-02 With caps lock turned off I get caps anyway, I just returned a keyboard to Amazon, and this second one does the same thing. My computer runs Windows 10 the keyboard Is USB connected to the computer....
  6. Caps lock problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock problem: I have a very boring problem. When I write, from one program to an another, it auto-change from capital letter to lowercase letter and the reverse without I even touch a thing, caps lock or shift lock is reversed from times to times. Then it works ok, then it's reversed...
  7. caps lock problem

caps lock problem: when i hit the caps lock button nothing happens. caps don't work and it's not my keyboard. i tried it out with another keyboard and it still doesn't work. the light lights up to say caps will be on but they don't. can anyone help?...
  8. keyboard caps lock

keyboard caps lock: hello when I type words in on my keyboard it will stay in the correct caps setting but when I change it it stays for about an extra 3-5 minutes before changing to the setting of the correct cap. this has become a problem as recently it has caused me to slow down when...
  9. Keyboard Caps Lock Operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Caps Lock Operation: For a couple of weeks now I am having problems with my Dell Inspiron N5110 which loses Caps Lock function every couple of days. I used MS Windows 10 support and watched them uninstall the PS2 Keyboard and the system restarts and reloads the same PS2 Keyboard and all is ok...
  10. Keyboard caps lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard caps lock: I have just bought a keyboard with larger characters on the keys and its good except for one small niggle. The warning light for caps lock is very small. I am a one fingered typist, and don't look at the screen until I have at least completed a sentence. This results in a lot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows on screen keyboard defaults to caps lock on

2. windows onscreen keyboard capslock