Windows 10: Windows Optional Features Problem

Discus and support Windows Optional Features Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, the handwriting input panel in my PC running Windows 10 SL is broken. It's fine to using the on-screen keyboard, but when i switched to handwriting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ariaperdana, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Windows Optional Features Problem

Hi, the handwriting input panel in my PC running Windows 10 SL is broken. It's fine to using the on-screen keyboard, but when i switched to handwriting input, the panel freezes and then closes itself. Also i got an error when i'm trying to personalise the handwriting recognition and there is no handwriting settings in windows. Any ideas?

Windows Optional Features Problem [​IMG]

:)

ariaperdana, Mar 24, 2016

2. Problem with optional features

These is an download happening now which gives me both English (GB) typing and optical character recognition. The problem is that those 2 appear to be install successful into my system but it keeps duplicating itself. I have tried canceling the update but
    there is no progress

Windows Optional Features Problem [​IMG]

Gavin_Wong, Mar 24, 2016
  3. Problem with optional features

Hi,

The possible cause of this issue might be due to corrupted Windows Update components.
    We suggest that you run the Windows app troubleshooter.
    Running the troubleshooter will help detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will resolve the same to enhance the performance of the system.

Looking forward to the result.

Marvin Barc, Mar 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Optional Features Problem

Hi, had a quick look for your error msg for which thanks - hmm, found this related to -er- Vista, not much else.
    Handwriting Personalization Error

(Detailed, no solution).

After that I could only suggest the standard repair techniques e.g. SFC /Scannow, DISM command, in-place repair install.

Hopefully someone else will have a more specific idea.

dalchina, Mar 24, 2016
  5. Well it's on Vista, i'm running Windows 10. However the solution in that link is to reinstall Windows, which is there is no solution actually *Sick

ariaperdana, Mar 25, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I mean couldn't readily find an occurrence of your error msg with a report about it occurring in Win 10.

So as I said, unless someone can suggest a specific targetted solution, (which that report referring to the MS creator of the software couldn't identify) we're down to the generic solutions I mentioned, suggesting perhaps there isn't one published.

First, try creating a new user, and see if you have the problem when logged into the new user.
    If not, your user profile is corrupted.

If you do still have the problem, proceed as follows:

Press Windows key + X.
    Click Command Prompt (admin)
    At the command prompt type
    sfc /scannow

This will take quite a while to run, be patient.
    It's a routine repair procedure which compares your Windows files to a backup copy and attempts repairs if necessary.
    However, there's no guarantee it will fix things for you as its scope is limited.

Please post the outcome. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 25, 2016
  7. Hi, suddenly the panel and the handwriting input is working again now. It's working again after redownloading some optional features like text to speech, etc. Looks like there are some optional features that still not completely downloaded yesterday so it crashed the handwriting input panel. However, the handwriting recognition personalisation is still broken, but that's ok for me. Thanks for the help by the way! *Biggrin

ariaperdana, Mar 25, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Good.. unfortunately sometimes Win 10 is weird like that.. one thing affecting another in obscure ways until you get the optional features set up, and then one can only make a reasonable guess.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Optional Features Problem - Similar Threads - Optional Features Problem

2. Optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional features: I cant download 'Windows media pack' or 'Media feature pack' through optional features. When i try to go to 'Add a feature' and find these two features and click install they are bugged like this: https://prnt.sc/26ednvd , and wont install from this point....
  3. Optional features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional features: I cant download 'Windows media pack' or 'Media feature pack' through optional features. When i try to go to 'Add a feature' and find these two features and click install they are bugged like this: https://prnt.sc/26ednvd , and wont install from this point....
  4. windows optional features

windows optional features: Hi, I was trying to install wireless display on my laptop. but when I tried to install it it show's install failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-optional-features/d8736954-7e59-44ed-a44a-4775327e9494
  5. Optional features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional features: My Windows 10 OS is 10.0.19041.329. I noticed when I want to bring up "OptionalFeatures" the opened window stays blank not getting populated with either enabled or disabled windows features. I am interested at least to see there Microsoft.NET 3 or 4.5 features. I tried to...
  6. Optional Features

Optional Features: I am on a Windows 10 version 2004 PC and I have no optional features listed. I can't see any optional feature history or install any new features. In version 1909 I had a list of features and I could easily install features. What is going on?[ATTACH]...
  7. Optional Features

Optional Features: Windows is persistently trying to add a new feature it is the language English GB , an then reporting that something happened and it could not add the feature. I would like to cancel the request to add the feature, but it wont let me cancel it. Please help me to stop this...
  8. Optional features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optional features: Hello , We are facing issue with the optional features . All are downloading automatically and failing. Daily we are getting popup twice or thrice a day related to optional features. Can you help out me...
  9. Optional Feature problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional Feature problems: [ATTACH]Anyone knows how to solve this issue? It keeps popping up "Something happened and we couldn't install a feature" and it annoys me. I thought updating Windows could help but it did not....
  10. optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    optional features: Installing optional features failed, why? Optinal features for english language are installed. Extra language package are downloaded and installed. 58840