Windows 10: Windows OS security update block for some AMD based devices

Discus and support Windows OS security update block for some AMD based devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Overview Microsoft has resumed updating the majority of AMD devices with the Windows operating system security update to help protect against the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by zbook, Jan 8, 2018.

1. zbook New Member

Windows OS security update block for some AMD based devices

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...amd-based-devi

See also: An Update on AMD Processor Security for Spectre and Meltdown - Windows 10 Forums

UPDATE 1/17: Cumulative Update KB4073290 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.194 - Windows 10 Forums

:)

zbook, Jan 8, 2018
  2. Tom_West Win User
    Tom_West, Jan 8, 2018
  3. Meltdown/Spectre Update

Thank you for providing the information that we need. Microsoft is aware of the issue regarding the Spectre and Meltdown and has temporarily blocked sending updates to some AMD based devices. For more information about this issue, we recommend that you check
    this article.

If you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 8, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

Obviously, MS don't bother testing their updates on older AMD CPUs.

Steve C, Jan 8, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    Hardware wise, I have heard only about some really old, single and dual core Athlon and Sempron systems that have problems. Talking about 15 year old processors that belong to XP era.

CountMike, Jan 8, 2018
  6. Steve C Win User
    I support two Athlon 64 x2 PCs c. 2004 and they have the problem. They are not junk PCs since they both run the latest version of Windows 10 and are still fine for basic applications.

Steve C, Jan 8, 2018
  7. Asus M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard, NVIDIA nForce 630a / GeForce 7025 chip-set, AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz.
    Windows update says I'm all up to date and no issues that I'm aware of. KB4056892 shows as installed. I'm running 16299.192
    I have an even older Asus M2N68-AM SE2 with an AMD Athlon II X4 620. It was running Windows 10 but is currently running Linux. I think I'll just leave it be for now. At some point it likely will go back to Windows 10.

alphanumeric, Jan 8, 2018
  8. Ghost82 Win User

I'm on an Athlon since 2011. Not too old, but definitively old, you know. Since I have it, I've gor Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. All updated to date No problems at all.

Ghost82, Jan 8, 2018
  9. CountMike New Member
    Those are relatively new ones, older ones like single core Athlon "Barton" and Sempron in socket 462..

CountMike, Jan 8, 2018
  10. Sonjstar Win User
    The Update KB4056892 was sent to me and it tried to install, but stopped at 99% installed. I was upset because it wouldn't install, and I just now found out it was a good thing it didn't, because I have a AMD Quad Core A10-5700 Accelerated Processor HP computer and saw where it could have made my computer unusable. Hope Microsoft will soon get a fix for it. I'm not turning my computer off, because every time I do and then turn my computer back on it will try to install. My computer is not an old computer. It's 4 yrs. old.

Sonjstar, Jan 9, 2018
  11. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for posting this, zbook.

Luckily FCU and IP build 17063 running ok here with a AMD FX-8350. *Smile

Tony K, Jan 9, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Article updated by Microsoft on January 10, 2018.

Brink, Jan 11, 2018
  13. Steve C Win User

Steve C, Jan 11, 2018
  14. I've just checked and that update successfully installed on the 10th, only just got this machine and it's the first AMD I've had my other machines have been Intel.

It's an HP Envy x360 Convertible. Mind you I've done a check and it seems there are updates from HP for it 3 are recommended but I'm a bit nervous of doing them as one is a BIOS one and there's one for UEFI for AMD, I think I've got those letters right you lot probably know better than me.

The check said there were 6 updates 3 recommended and 3 optional.

Joan Archer, Jan 11, 2018
  15. zbook New Member
Thema:

1. Windows OS security update block for some AMD based devices - Similar Threads - security update block

2. Some drivers blocked by windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some drivers blocked by windows security: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question. When I went into system information I had a couple things that were off or not enabledKernel Dma protection is offvurtiilaztion security is not enabled.secuso I went into windows and clicked on device security and then I cliked on...
  3. Some drivers blocked by windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some drivers blocked by windows security: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question. When I went into system information I had a couple things that were off or not enabledKernel Dma protection is offvurtiilaztion security is not enabled.secuso I went into windows and clicked on device security and then I cliked on...
  4. Windows Security Update Crashing AMD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Security Update Crashing AMD: Is the new update messing with anyones AMD software? I keep receiving this lovely BSOD and i can’t seem to stop it because the updater wants to push the patch everytime the computer reboots. It’s not my AMD drivers cause the computer ran perfectly fine last night when i...
  5. Windows 10 May 2019 Update could be blocked on some devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update could be blocked on some devices: If you’re trying to install Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) on a device running incompatible drivers and software, there’s a chance that the update won’t show up and Update Assistant will render a warning of incompatible software. The upgrade block could be placed...
  6. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update for some devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update for some devices: Windows 10 May 2019 Update will begin rolling out to the compatible devices in late May 2019. Windows 10 version 1903 is currently only available to Windows Insiders, but the update for Windows 10 is now being blocked from installing on systems with certain configurations....
  7. Update and windows defender security blocked

Update and windows defender security blocked: Good morning I can not unlock the windows update, and consequently also the windows defender security block.The last update is 03/02/2019 from there it is blocked everything.I also tried to follow the guides but do not unlock nothing, and it's the second time that happens to...
  8. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 October 2018 Update on some Intel devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 October 2018 Update on some Intel devices: Windows 10 October 2018 Update still has some compatibility issues and Microsoft is blocking it on affected devices to ensure a smooth user experience. Today, yet another bug affecting Windows 10 October 2018 Update has been acknowledged by Microsoft which forced the company...
  9. my device is showing updates. your device is missing some important security and updates...

my device is showing updates. your device is missing some important security and updates...: my device is showing updates. your device is missing some important security and updates but when i update it is shows error KB4464218 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-is-showing-updates-your-device-is/f8e6de5e-bb22-4154-96ba-d56a9b0d152f
  10. my device is showing updates. your device is missing some important security and updates...

my device is showing updates. your device is missing some important security and updates...: my device is showing updates. your device is missing some important security and updates but when i update it is shows error KB4464218...