Windows 10: Windows Performance Analyzer error

Discus and support Windows Performance Analyzer error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been trying to run Windows Performance Analyzer to analyze a trace to resolve slow boots. The version of the ADK I used to install the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ddelo, May 27, 2018.

1. ddelo Win User

Windows Performance Analyzer error

I've been trying to run Windows Performance Analyzer to analyze a trace to resolve slow boots.
    The version of the ADK I used to install the Windows Performance Toolkit is the latest one, for Windows 10 1803, as I'm currently on 17134.81.

After running the Windows Performance Recorder, with the command:

Code: "%programfiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\wpr.exe" -start GeneralProfile -start CPU -filemode -recordTempTo %userprofile% -onoffscenario Boot -onoffresultspath C:\WPR -numiterations 1[/quote] the ETL file is created normally, with no lost events or buffers.

The reason for using the command prompt to start WPR is because a few times, that I run it from the GUI, I got the error that "The trace has dropped events. Please record this trace again". So to avoid that inconsistency I stick to the command prompt.

When trying to open the created correct ETL with WPA, I always get an error that events (more than a million of them) are lost.

Windows Performance Analyzer error [​IMG]

The GeneralProfile that I use (the built-in one), has the following settings:

Collector Name : WPR_initiated_WprApp_WPR System Collector
    Buffer Size (KB) : 1024
    Number of Buffers : 405

Collector Name : WPR_initiated_WprApp_WPR Event Collector
    Buffer Size (KB) : 1024
    Number of Buffers : 81

According to the error message, I should increase the number of buffers, as the Buffer Size I think is at the max. of 1024 KB.

How can this be done? Any suggestion for resolving this problem is welcome!

:)

ddelo, May 27, 2018

2. Windows Performance Analyzer - ISR Duration by Module Function : Unknown

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

If the issue does not appear in safe mode, I suggest you to perform Clean Boot in safe mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below mentioned procedure and check if it helps.

Method 1: Start computer in safe mode and then perform clean boot.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode

• When you hit the power button in Windows 8.1 (through Charms Bar), hold down the
      Shift key when clicking the Restart button.

• The next screen will present you with three options. Click
      Troubleshoot.

• Next, hit Advanced options followed by
      Windows StartupSettings from the next screen.

Your PC will now be rebooted to enable the advanced parameters, which include Safe Mode as well. Once it restarts, you’ll get nine options whereby the following commands apply:

• F4 for Safe Mode

• F5 for Safe Mode with Networking

• F6 for Safe Mode with Command Prompt

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

Step 2: Perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.
    Check if it helps.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, May 27, 2018
  3. System slow performance after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello Priyanka,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Please provide us more information to help you better:

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

• Do you receive any error message or error code?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to Run maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

2. Select Control Panel.

3. Select Troubleshooting.

4. Click on Run maintenance task under
    System and Security.

Method 2:

1. On the Search bar type "Defragment and Optimize Drive" click on it.

2. A windows will open, select the drive you one at a time and click on Analyze.

3. Once it has Analyze click on Optimize.

4. Follow these steps for all the drives that are located in the system and check if the issue persist.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows Performance Analyzer error

1. Windows Performance Analyzer error - Similar Threads - Performance Analyzer error

2. Is it normal that in my pc gpuview , windows performance analyzer and windows performance...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal that in my pc gpuview , windows performance analyzer and windows performance...: So i just found on my windows recommended tab "the one that you have when pushing the window button" that these 3 things is just installed recently added on my pc though i have nothing to do with it...
  3. Is it normal that in my pc gpuview , windows performance analyzer and windows performance...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it normal that in my pc gpuview , windows performance analyzer and windows performance...: So i just found on my windows recommended tab "the one that you have when pushing the window button" that these 3 things is just installed recently added on my pc though i have nothing to do with it...
  4. Windows Performance Analyzer question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Performance Analyzer question: This morning I downloaded and Microsoft immediately installed "Windows Performance Analyzer" on my laptop to see how well my system is behaving on startup. The problem is that I do not know how to use it. Something produces ETFs that the analyzer reports on, but I don't know...
  5. Windows Performance Analyzer closes upon start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Performance Analyzer closes upon start: Hello, I just installed Windows ADK, during installation I checked WPA and WPR only. When I open WPA, my mouse lags like: if I would have low fps. And there is only white screen inside window, which shortly after that closes. I used Windows ADK before and this never...
  6. Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer: I'm trying to figure out why one of my computers is snappier than the other when they both have virtually identical hardware. These two Windows performance tools seem like a good way to go, but they present the user with a daunting quantity of data. I'm starting with...
  7. Slow Windows 10 boot, need help analyzing Windows Performance Analyzer file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Windows 10 boot, need help analyzing Windows Performance Analyzer file: After BIOS Post, the screen sits at the Windows Logo spinning for about 80-90 seconds before then moving to the login screen. This is after either a cold boot or restart. In the ETL, I am not seeing a long Pre Session boot, Session Initialize, Winlogon, or ExplorerInit. My OS...
  8. Help with Windows Performance Analyzer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with Windows Performance Analyzer?: My Dell desktop PC is intermittently slow -- especially waking up from sleep. I've checked everything I can think of, but found no obvious culprit. I just used Windows Performance Recorder to generate an ETL file, and I loaded it up in Windows Performance Analyzer, and it...
  9. Windows Performance Analyzer helps you analyze performance of a system

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Performance Analyzer helps you analyze performance of a system: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this fast-paced world, delays as small as a second can impact business metrics. So, a thorough analysis of performance characteristics likely causing these delays is essential. Windows Performance Analyzer offers valuable information in this regard. The...
  10. Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit

in Windows 10 News
    Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit: Slow pages lose users: research from Bing and Google indicates that delays as small as half a second can impact business metrics. To build fast sites, developers need powerful tools to analyze the performance of their sites and debug issues. In-browser tools like the F12...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wpr increase buffer

2. pb windows performance analyser Boot Phases category not appear

3. windows performance analyzer does not catch Networking I/O activity

4. how to error logs in windows performance analyzer,
  5. WPR general profile increase buffers