Windows 10: Windows Performance Index and Improving the Score

Discus and support Windows Performance Index and Improving the Score in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It's useless, there are countless benchmark programs out there. You could start with PassMark Performance Test download page Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CountMike, Apr 4, 2018.

1. CountMike New Member

Windows Performance Index and Improving the Score

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018

2. Hello,

With the great tips found on this site, I was able to measure the performance of my desktop after installing a new video card. I was slightly surprised when I found out the slowest component of my system is the disk.

That is puzzling to me because I have a "gaming" SSD installed that has specs comparable to the Samsung EVO Pro 850.

The score itself was just over 8 in that category, which I know is respectable, but am wondering what it takes or what tweaks I need to make to bring that score over 9.

I am somewhat of a novice with PCs - but know just enough to be dangerous.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

mikegrej15, Apr 14, 2018
  3. JimWynne Win User
    where is windows 10 System Performance Rating ?

It doesn't mean anything. None of it means anything. Actually it's the lowest of the five scores, considered to be the bottleneck, or thing that could be improved to increase performance. But like I said, none of it really means anything. Just a bunch
    of relative numbers.

JimWynne, Apr 14, 2018
  4. Windows Performance Index and Improving the Score

Windows Experience Index score

So in other words, my score is expected and nothing out of the ordinary that may seem I'm lacking in the software side like wrong drivers and such...

Thanks!

Bernard RyanSimon, Apr 14, 2018
  5. A regular SSD will probably only get an 8. I think the 9 and higher would be reserved for something like an M.2 SSD or a PCI-e SSD.

Access Denied, Apr 14, 2018
  6. Helmut Win User
    These indexes are just trivial nonsense. Forget about them.

Helmut, Apr 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Performance Index and Improving the Score

1. Windows Performance Index and Improving the Score - Similar Threads - Performance Index Improving

2. Improve Windows Search Function/Index

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Improve Windows Search Function/Index: Hello,Enterprise Set Up/ Windows 10 [1809/20H1] / Shared Network DriveI'm reaching out to see if anyone's experienced the following and if there's any way to improve the search feature within file explorer and network drives. While searching our network drive for lets say for...
  3. trying to improve performance-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to improve performance-: my computer is running too slowly. when i searched help, i was told to chesk fo the latest updates when i clicked on that I got an error message sayin the server terminated because it enclountereed a "client request loop". Now I cant get past that step in the tips to...
  4. Improve the performance of my PC

Improve the performance of my PC: I recently noticed that my PC ran a lot slower and could run fewer apps than before. I opened the task manager while having no apps runningeven in the system tray, and I noticed I was using around 50% of my 8GB of RAM. I scrolled through the list of processes and background...
  5. How to Check Windows 10 Experience Index Score

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Check Windows 10 Experience Index Score: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gnaneshwar_Gaddam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ean55d/how_to_check_windows_10_experience_index_score/
  6. Improve performance

Improve performance: Very slow pc. How do I improve performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-performance/870b638c-8473-4024-b0c2-297850f670c4
  7. Need Program To Find The Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need Program To Find The Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score: Greetings! I know about this and it's just fine - Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials However, what I really need is a quality app to do this accurately and graphically for various clients of mine. Something portable would be...
  8. Improve performance on netbook

Improve performance on netbook: I have Windows 10 insider 14385 64-bit on a 6 year old netbook with Atom N455 and want to know if there is more room for improving performance. Currently it performs quite good, battery is good too, even faster than Win 7 in some circumstances, but there is some lag opening...
  9. Performance Improvement Needed

Performance Improvement Needed: New Windows 10 user cannot figure out how to run performance improvements functions (defrag, remove temp files, remove cookies, etc.). Please help. Thank you 77564
  10. Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10: How to: Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10 How to Get Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 10 The Windows Experience Index (WEI) uses Windows System Assessment Tool (WinSAT) to measure the capability of your PC's hardware and software...