Windows 10: Windows Permissions

Discus and support Windows Permissions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Burke, here is the deal on the Windows permissions I mentioned. I'm having some problems with Mozilla Thunderbird since December Windows Updates. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikilet, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Nikilet Win User

Windows Permissions

Burke, here is the deal on the Windows permissions I mentioned.

I'm having some problems with Mozilla Thunderbird since December Windows Updates. I wrote to that forum. The person who answered in Thunderbird forum was a moderator and he said, "Clearly the inability of Win 10 to copy the appdata folder is not something caused by Thunderbird. It sounds more like an issue with Windows permissions, which would also cause problems with Smileycons which is not part of or controlled by Thunderbird."

After Windows Updates ...
    1. Gmail no longer appeared in my T-Bird account.
    2. I have a program called Smileycons that I have used for years. I can no longer attach the icons to my emails. When I grab an icon and try to slide it onto the email page I get a circle with a slash through it and it will not transfer.
    3. I always back up my T-Bird account by going to %appdata%, right click on Thunderbird folder, send to Compressed (zipped) Folder. I tried attempted to do a backup today and right at the very end I got a error Window.
    Compressed (zipped) Folders error:
    File not found or no read permission.

I've had a lot of various problems since that last update. I had a computer that I was having no problems with, and ended up with lots of problems.

:)

Nikilet, Dec 15, 2017

2. Don't have permissions to change permissions

Hi Mady,

We noticed the post has been inactive for 48 hours now. We'd like to make sure if you still need assistance regarding this issue.

If the previous recommendation resolved your issue, we encourage you to inform the Community by marking the post as an answer or by clicking on Helpful.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Dec 15, 2017
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Don't have permissions to change permissions

Hi Mady,

There are two kinds of administrator on the computer, first is the administrator user created during the Windows installation using a local account or Microsoft account. It has complete access to the computer and can make desired changes
    unless the activity requires elevated rights. Second is the Built-in hidden Administrator which is a local account that has a full unrestricted access rights to the computer.

You can still access restricted files, apps, and program by right clicking on it and selecting
    Run as administrator on the menu.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Jan Del, Dec 15, 2017
Thema:

Windows Permissions

1. Windows Permissions - Similar Threads - Permissions

2. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission trouble: Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy don't remember excatly what I did, but i was trying to set some permissions in regisrty. After that I noticed that my start...
  3. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission trouble: Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy don't remember excatly what I did, but i was trying to set some permissions in regisrty. After that I noticed that my start...
  4. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  6. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  7. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  8. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  9. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

10. Why does win 11 allow programs to enable my ethernet adapter without my permission

Why does win 11 allow programs to enable my ethernet adapter without my permission: Hello,I'm using a fully updated win 11 on a new HP Envy desktop. I often disable the ethernet adapterRealtek Gaming when I don't require an internet connection for games yet, 90% of the time when I run my steam client, it magically enables my ethernet adapter without my...