Windows 10: Windows Phone 10 - Notifications

Discus and support Windows Phone 10 - Notifications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I don't use text messaging much, so had not noticed this until recently. In Phone 8.1 I always used to get a notification when a text was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lafargeotte, May 26, 2016.

1. Windows Phone 10 - Notifications

Hello,

I don't use text messaging much, so had not noticed this until recently.

In Phone 8.1 I always used to get a notification when a text was received. Since upgrading to Phone 10 I no longer get these notifications. As far as I can see notifications for messages are enabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Paul.

:)

lafargeotte, May 26, 2016

2. No LED notification option on Windows 10 built of lumia 730

Hi,

As promised by Microsoft that the LED notification will be enabled in windows 10 but as i recently updated my phone to windows 10 after Microsoft rolled out windows 10 updates for older Lumia phones.

as i checked there was no led notification option is available so far in windows 10 mobile version. While the same option was there in windows 10 technical preview version of mobile.

kindly apprise the status of any update related to activation of LED notification on Lumia 730 of windows 10 built.

thanks

SUMITAMRUTWAR, May 26, 2016
  3. Led notification

Does Lumia 540 has led notification. My lumia 540 is running with Windows 10 and in notification settings there is an option called led notification.Does my phone really support led notification?

RahulDurgam, May 26, 2016
  4. Windows Phone 10 - Notifications

I don't think ii have ever got a pop up type notification, but get and icon on the lock screen when new text is received

Check, Settings, Personalisation, Lock Screen
    See if the messaging app is in there to show a status update

paulsalter, May 26, 2016
  5. Hi,

Settings, Personalisation, Lock Screen, the messaging app is in there to show a status update.

Formerly in 8.1 when a text message was received I got the notification and a sound was played.
    Now I get neither!

6. ARC1020 Win User
    The Action Centre Notification will only appear for a brief period, then it'll disappear. So if you miss it, to see if you have any new messages you'll need to look at the Lock Screen Action Centre/Message Notification icons or the Messaging Live tile on your Start Screen. NB: Slide your finger from the very top of the screen to the bottom of the screen to display more details in the Action Centre.

Windows Phone 10 - Notifications [​IMG]

See if your settings are as follows:

Settings > System > Notifications & Actions

Settings > System > Notifications & Actions > Messaging

ARC1020, May 26, 2016
  7. That is exactly how mine is set up.

8. ARC1020 Win User

Windows Phone 10 - Notifications

Mmm, odd.

What about in Settings > Privacy > Messaging. Is it set to 'Let apps read or send messages' and Messaging set as one of the apps that's allowed to do this?

Also, Settings > Privacy > Background Apps. Is Messaging set to 'On'?

Maybe as a long shot, Settings > System > Battery Saver too and see if 'Battery Saver is Currently:' is currently off, just in case that changes lockscreen behaviour somehow.

ARC1020, May 26, 2016
  9. Sorted.

Settings > Privacy > Background Apps. Is Messaging set to 'On'?
    Here was the answer - there are 2 messaging settings!
    Contacts and messaging was set to 'On', however Skype and messaging was set to 'Off'.
    Changed the latter to 'On' and the notifications have returned.

Wonder why messaging is in two places?

10. ARC1020 Win User
    I'm not sure, it could be due to changes between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 in the way Skype, Messaging and Contacts are handled. As it was an upgrade from Windows 8.1, it's possible it has taken some settings over and that's the reason for the two different entries.

When upgrading from 8.1 to 10, with the exception of SMS messages I already had all my personal files backed up to a local PC anyway, so straight after the upgrade I reset the phone to Windows 10 factory settings (System > About > Reset Your Phone) making it like a completely 'clean install' (It's rather time consuming, but I've never had much trust in in-place updates). So for me I only have 'Microsoft People' and 'Messaging + Skype' showing.

ARC1020, May 26, 2016
  11. I also did a reset, strange we have different settings.

Also, shame there is not a way to uninstall some of the MS apps (Xbox for example).

lafargeotte, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Phone 10 - Notifications

1. Windows Phone 10 - Notifications - Similar Threads - Phone Notifications

2. How do I stop Phone Link on Windows asking for notification permissions on Android to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Phone Link on Windows asking for notification permissions on Android to be...: I have been using Phone Link for quite a few years. If I allow Android notifications then every time I turn on my laptop or wake it I get a notification from Phone Link on Android so I disabled notifications for Phone Link on Android and now Phone Link on Windows is always...
  3. How do I stop Phone Link on Windows asking for notification permissions on Android to be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Phone Link on Windows asking for notification permissions on Android to be...: I have been using Phone Link for quite a few years. If I allow Android notifications then every time I turn on my laptop or wake it I get a notification from Phone Link on Android so I disabled notifications for Phone Link on Android and now Phone Link on Windows is always...
  4. My parents get a notification on their phones when I download something on my laptop is...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My parents get a notification on their phones when I download something on my laptop is...: I want to download some apps on my laptop and my parents are always asking me to delete the apps cause they can see when I get it and I'm tired of it....
  5. My parents get a notification on their phones when I download something on my laptop is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My parents get a notification on their phones when I download something on my laptop is...: I want to download some apps on my laptop and my parents are always asking me to delete the apps cause they can see when I get it and I'm tired of it....
  6. My parents get a notification on their phones when I download something on my laptop is...

7. Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...: While playing games with my headset on, if someone texts me the notification sound comes from my phone and since I'm in a full screen app I do not see any notification about the text so I miss the texts. I would like to have the notification sound come from both the phone AND...
  8. Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...

Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...: While playing games with my headset on, if someone texts me the notification sound comes from my phone and since I'm in a full screen app I do not see any notification about the text so I miss the texts. I would like to have the notification sound come from both the phone AND...
  9. Why some android apps are in Windows Notification thanks to Phone link and not others ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why some android apps are in Windows Notification thanks to Phone link and not others ?: Hi, I have 2 apps that are sending me regular notifications on my Android phone, Geev and Leboncoin. Every works perfectly on the Android phone.But when I am on Windows 11, where Phone Link is installed, I only receive notifications from Geev, and NEVER from Leboncoin, why ?I...
  10. Why some android apps are in Windows Notification thanks to Phone link and not others ?

Why some android apps are in Windows Notification thanks to Phone link and not others ?: Hi, I have 2 apps that are sending me regular notifications on my Android phone, Geev and Leboncoin. Every works perfectly on the Android phone.But when I am on Windows 11, where Phone Link is installed, I only receive notifications from Geev, and NEVER from Leboncoin, why ?I...