Windows 10: Windows Photo App crashing on video trim action

Discus and support Windows Photo App crashing on video trim action in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, There is a Event log Faulting application name: Microsoft.Photos.exe, version: 2018.18041.15530.0, time stamp: 0x5b08a8a1 Faulting module... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vitalii Panchenko, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Windows Photo App crashing on video trim action

Hello,

There is a Event log

Faulting application name: Microsoft.Photos.exe, version: 2018.18041.15530.0, time stamp: 0x5b08a8a1
    Faulting module name: SharedLibrary.dll, version: 1.7.25531.0, time stamp: 0x597af36c
    Exception code: 0x80004003
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000493b3f
    Faulting process id: 0xfa0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4149120fd2273
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2018.18041.15530.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Photos.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.7_1.7.25531.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\SharedLibrary.dll
    Report Id: 6a49d93f-4e04-43b3-8ae9-180077932085

Could You help me?

:)

Vitalii Panchenko, Jul 5, 2018

2. Cannot save trimmed videos using the Photos App

I have a couple videos that I want to trim down in the Photos App; however, every time I attempt to trim the video, Photos would crash. After crashing, a trimmed file of the video would show up, but I cannot view the new clip.

KernelCatsup, Jul 5, 2018
  3. can't trim a video using Photos app

I'm trying to do a quick trim on a .mov file in the Microsoft Windows Photos app. When I have the file open and click the trim icon, I get a blue dot I can use to advance to the point of the video I would like it to end, but when I go to save it, that option
    is grayed out. I see no other options. This leads me to believe there is nothing edited to save. If this is the case, how do I trim the video and then save it?

Tricia

TriciaColeman, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows Photo App crashing on video trim action

Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Photo App crashing on video trim action

1. Windows Photo App crashing on video trim action - Similar Threads - Photo App crashing

2. Photos App will not complete a video trim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App will not complete a video trim: Been working on this for some time. I have a 2 minute video that the Photos App trim feature starts then either stalls and just sits there with that irritating circular thing or it will close. What would cause a particular video file to do that. I can edit other ones with not...
  3. Photos App will not complete a video trim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App will not complete a video trim: Been working on this for some time. I have a 2 minute video that the Photos App trim feature starts then either stalls and just sits there with that irritating circular thing or it will close. What would cause a particular video file to do that. I can edit other ones with not...
  4. video editor in photos app trim precision

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video editor in photos app trim precision: Hi. I'm new to video editing and am limited to the video editor in Windows 10. I am trying to "top and tail" a recording of a Teams video call. For the start of the clip, I need somewhere between 42 seconds and 44 seconds. Maybe 43 seconds is perfect or maybe I need 43:45...
  5. video editor in photos app trim precision

video editor in photos app trim precision: Hi. I'm new to video editing and am limited to the video editor in Windows 10. I am trying to "top and tail" a recording of a Teams video call. For the start of the clip, I need somewhere between 42 seconds and 44 seconds. Maybe 43 seconds is perfect or maybe I need 43:45...
  6. Photos App won't trim a video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App won't trim a video: I'm trying to trim down an .avi file so I can send a short clip through email, I know there are a myriad of options such as file hosting and cloud storage to solve this, but the bosses want it sent through email so thats what they're gonna get. My problem is when I trim it...
  7. Trim Videos in Photos

Trim Videos in Photos: Can I trim a video clip in an assembly of video clips, and trim it by one frame? I cannot seem to be able to advance a video by one frame at a time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-videos-in-photos/1e1840da-1c14-4020-b08a-af8211f6870c
  8. Trimming Videos in Photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trimming Videos in Photos app: Sometime in the last calendar year, you went from being able to choose the location of where you wanted the trimmed version of your video to be exported to from the Photos app, to only being able to automatically save the trimmed video to the same location as the source...
  9. Photos App Distorting Video After Trimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App Distorting Video After Trimming: Hello, I use my computer primarily for videos that I submit to my employer. Multiple times now, I have tried recording with a webcam through the Camera app which worked fine, but after trimming through Photos, the video becomes distorted and sped up. I have spoken with two...
  10. Trimming videos using Photos App...

Trimming videos using Photos App...: Re: Trimming videos using the Photos App Any ideas why, when I trim an .mp4 created using Xbox game bar, that the resulting .mp4 is an exponentially smaller file? E.g. I cut 5 mins off a 2 hour video and the file size went from 2mb to .65mb? I personally don't notice...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows video app crashing on save of trimmed file

2. when trimming a video file it keeps closing before reachign the end?

3. video app crashes on trimming video