Windows 10: Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos

Discus and support Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm new to Windows 10 so maybe this is easy, but I can't find an answer to my question. I've already uploaded photos from my camera to my new laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marinas Mom, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos

I'm new to Windows 10 so maybe this is easy, but I can't find an answer to my question. I've already uploaded photos from my camera to my new laptop. Since the last upload, I've taken more pictures and went to upload the new ones today. However, the Photos app 'Refresh' feature doesn't find any new pictures - whether I plug in the camera directly or if I take the SD card out of the camera and plug it in the slot on the laptop.

The only option is to use 'Import' but that imports ALL the same photos that were already uploaded instead of just the new ones, and it puts them in a 'Last Import' album instead of using the 'Saved photos' folder and seeing that the duplicates are already in there and not trying to import them again.

1) How can I stop the duplicates from being transferred (and yes, I realize I can delete them from the SD card to keep that from happening, but I need to keep many of them on there for work access)?

2) Why are they going to a new album instead of finding them in Saved Photos? What am I doing incorrectly?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. It's the little things that get so frustrating when you just can't find an answer.

Thanks.

:)

Marinas Mom, Oct 19, 2015
  2. jbagel07 Win User

How to stop photos app from importing all the photos on my phone every time I do an import?

Since I updated to the iPhone X and to the newest version of windows 10 every time I import my photos the photos app imports all of them instead of just the new ones like it used to. How do I fix this? I have so many duplicates that I have to delete every
    time I import photos.

jbagel07, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Ken_MSFT Win User
    Windows 10 won't let me import photos from my camera.

Hi Eric,

To clarify, has the synced content in question ever been imported through the Photos App?

To give some background, the de-duplication of media during import requires the media to be imported in the first place. If the media has never been imported via the Photos App, it will be treated as new media and hence be selected.

Thanks

Ken

Ken_MSFT, Oct 19, 2015
Thema:

Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos

1. Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos - Similar Threads - Photo app keeps

2. Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports: I am running the latest version of Photos App on Windows 10. OneDrive on my Android phone automatically imports my new pictures into the correct /Pictures/Camera Roll/Year/Month folder. Recently, when I select photos from this folder to create a new album, the album is...
  3. Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate pictures made in Photo Imports: I am running the latest version of Photos App on Windows 10. OneDrive on my Android phone automatically imports my new pictures into the correct /Pictures/Camera Roll/Year/Month folder. Recently, when I select photos from this folder to create a new album, the album is...
  4. Fix Photos app keeps failing or freezing when importing photos

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Photos app keeps failing or freezing when importing photos: [ATTACH]Photos is a great app from Microsoft that lets users manage photos and videos on their Windows 11/10 computers. In addition to managing images and videos, Photos also lets users edit images and create videos. It also has an option to import images and videos from the...
  5. Photos app keeps importing the same photos - 2nd trial

Photos app keeps importing the same photos - 2nd trial: Whenever I plug my smartphone in my PC, the Windows 10 Photos app will import the same photos again and again... Just for fun, here is the link to the ticket about the same issue reported more than 3 YEAR AGO !!!...
  6. cannot import photos with the windows photos app

cannot import photos with the windows photos app: hello, so the photos app earlier used to work fine. now it fails to import photos 1) the pc does not recognise my apple iphone instantly,(new one has this problem too, so i can confirm it is not just because of the iphone) but rather takes time to recognise it's folders....
  7. Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing

Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing: I am attempting to back up my iPhone XS Max on the photos app. I plug my phone in through USB, go into the app and import from a USB device, then it goes to the "looking for photos and videos screen." This is where the problem comes up. Every time, it finds 4748 items to...
  8. Windows 10 Photos ap importing duplicate photos from iphone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photos ap importing duplicate photos from iphone: I've been struggling with this for years and curious if there are any fixes (none found via searches of community). When importing photos from iphone to PC via Windows 10 Photos > Import > Select New it still suggests to import thousands of photos already stored in This...
  9. Photos app not importing

Photos app not importing: Ive used the photos app in the past and its worked all the time. Now whenever i try to import photos from my iphone and ipad it says “something went wrong”. It does not have an error code. i have tried changing the port that the cable is in, ive changed the cables, ive...
  10. Photos App Duplications

Photos App Duplications: Photos App. How do I stop Photos from duplicating. I don't understand why it does it. Am I hitting some key I'm not aware of to cause 2,3,or 4 duplicates (copy) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-duplications/70619657-4ad8-4012-b37e-b5992dfa6e84

Users found this page by searching for:

1. importing photos and they keep duplicating windows

2. how to stop duplicating imported photos on windows

3. Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos

4. windows photos app keeps duplicating the same photos