Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, I'm somewhat attached to the old Windows Photo Viewer and prefer to keep using it on Win 10. Nevertheless, just today it started freezing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexDeLarge, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening

Greetings,

I'm somewhat attached to the old Windows Photo Viewer and prefer to keep using it on Win 10. Nevertheless, just today it started freezing after a few seconds. So I manage to view image 1, then "next" image 2, and then it won't move. If I just open the first image and won't use arrows to get to the next one, still the viewer will freeze. When I try to close it I get a warning asking if I want to wait or not, but waiting won't help, so I close it. It takes some seconds to finish. Restarting the system won't change the situation.

It was working last night, now it's not working anymore. I didn't install new apps, I didn't install new softwares, and there was no Win10 update from yesterday to today. Whatever happen seems to have happened out of the blue, alone by itself.

I'm now using as default the other native option, the win 10 "Photo app", but that one is working all right, whereas Windows Photo Viewer is not.

Is there any way I could fix this?

Thanks

:)

AlexDeLarge, Jun 21, 2016

2. Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening

It also did not work for me. Photo viewer still crashing all the time after the most recent updates.

Rodrigo Rafagnin Duarte, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

Unfortunately, method 1 came up with no problems found and method 2 came up with system already updated.

Thanks again, anyway

Danieldnbnto, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Wazd Win User

Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening

5. I've used SFC and then DISM. SFC found no integrity violation, DISM stated something like "Restore Operation Successful". On that, everything seems to be OK

Nevertheless, unfortunately, the issue persists.

I've just opened Windows Photo Viewer and it froze before I could get to the 3rd image. I'm looking at it right now, there is a "(not responding)" text (I'm translating to English, my systems is not English language). The mouse cursor has an animated circle typical of "hang". It has been just like that for many minutes now and nothing happens, so I closed it. But the windows itself seems to be working (I can use other apps even while Viewer is froze).

I'm having trouble to even find the executable for this Windows Photo Viewer. Apparently when I force finishing it a rundll32.exe (status not responding) service ends as well (memory size 29.740k by the time I finished it).

AlexDeLarge, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening

1. Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer crashes

2. Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.: After trying to open roblox it just stays at the "ROBLOX" screen for a few second then closes itself. On processes I saw windows problem reporting with the Roblox process. There were no error codes until I opened file location and tried running the Windows10Universal and it...
  3. Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.: After trying to open roblox it just stays at the "ROBLOX" screen for a few second then closes itself. On processes I saw windows problem reporting with the Roblox process. There were no error codes until I opened file location and tried running the Windows10Universal and it...
  4. File explorer crash after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  5. File explorer crash after few seconds

File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  6. most apps crash a few seconds after opening them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    most apps crash a few seconds after opening them: most apps crash a few seconds after opening them including games or even windows programs like event viewer, this problem appeared out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago but disappeared a bit after i gave up trying to fix it when i accidently opened a game instead of opening...
  7. Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started: Recently I downloaded tenebrae setup, then ran that setup of course and then the setup created some folder that contains tenebrae.exe, Tenebrae_launch.exe and a folder called "tenebrae". Next to "tenebrae" folder, I created "id1" folder and then I put both pak0.pak and...
  8. .exe viewer only opens for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe viewer only opens for a few seconds: Hi I am trying to open a .exe viewer but when I open it it closes after a few seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-viewer-only-opens-for-a-few-seconds/406b375e-a6f8-49f8-ad32-bcff1b8ed337
  9. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82
  10. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening: Hello, After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app. I was able to open it up with no problems and it showed me all my pictures but I few days ago, I opened it up and it quit after a few seconds. I kept open it with the...