Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I found Brink's tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html But I wanted to know if I can try and manually restore it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mibaup, Jan 29, 2016.

1. mibaup Win User

Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration

I found Brink's tutorial here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

But I wanted to know if I can try and manually restore it?
    If I want to add the registry key myself, how can I do that?

Thanks!

:)

mibaup, Jan 29, 2016
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 29, 2016
  3. I want the old Widows Picture Viewer loaded on my new computer.

Windows Photo Viewer never included any cropping tool, unless you are referring to Photo Viewer.

If you are referring to Microsoft Paint, its still there.

Click Start > All Apps > Windows Accessories > Paint

As for Photo Viewer, see the following:

How to Restore Missing Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jan 29, 2016
  4. Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration

Any .reg file can be opened in Notepad to see what it does. Much easier if you have a shortcut to Notepad in Send To folder.

nigelmercier, Jan 29, 2016
  5. mibaup Win User
    Thanks.
    From some reason it won't let me open the file.
    Can you maybe copy paste what you see? or upload a photo of what you see?

mibaup, Jan 29, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Right click the .,reg file, look for 'Edit' - click Edit.
    If that doesn't work, what happens?

OR
    Open Notepad.
    Drag the .reg file on top of Notepad, release mouse button.

dalchina, Jan 30, 2016
  7. mibaup Win User
    It gave me a warning, but your suggestion of dragging and dropping worked!
    Now I see many things in this file.

I thought it would be a simple thing like going to only 1 key in registry and maybe changing some 0's to 1's *Biggrin, but there are much more than that in this file so I guess it's not do-able manually

mibaup, Jan 30, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi, what was the warning? Do you see 'Edit' in the context menu? Perhaps you are not running as admin?
    There's no advantage in or reason not to use the reg files- they're from a reputable source, and it's risky, error prone and time consuming to make numerous changes manually.

dalchina, Jan 30, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    I just used the reg file from Brink. Worked like a charm. I have never had any problems with any of Brinks downloads or tips. He also has a reg file to undo the change if you decide you want to undo the reg change.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer manual

2. windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photo viewer: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space if its almost full and then try again // just started yesterday 1/24/2022 i had some...
  3. How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11: Windows 11 brings a slew of new features, some of which have not been well received among users. If you look at the previous iteration, it also had some unwelcome changes such as the Photos app, which replaced the Windows Photo Viewer. [ATTACH] The Photos App isn't bad at...
  4. WINDOW PHOTO VIEWER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOW PHOTO VIEWER: PHOTO VIEWER is not working today. I have Windows 10 and have been using the Windows Photo Viewer all the time. Today it will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-photo-viewer/6354ab2c-b48b-440a-be57-c281a1389cd8
  5. Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photo Viewer: Windows Photo Viewer freezes every time I upload photos from my iPhone. This has been a problem for months Is it a common problem? This needs to be fixed ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer/848f0891-177c-4db4-a03e-7eee4f4a5a81
  6. Restore Windows Photo Viewer

Restore Windows Photo Viewer: If you loved Microsoft Photo viewer but they're forcing you to use Photos App you can bring it back with this FREE program. https://download.cnet.com/Restore-Windows-Photo-Viewer/3000-18488_4-77362441.html...
  7. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  8. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  9. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  10. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 How to Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Usually you could use Windows Photo Viewer to view your image files in a variety of ways. You can also print, order prints, attach pictures to an e‑mail message, burn,...