Windows 10: Windows Photo Viewer - wrong colors?

Discus and support Windows Photo Viewer - wrong colors? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings. When watching photos in Windows Photo Viewer all colors are added a "yellow" look. How do I change that so it looks normal? If I resize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Burgurne, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

Windows Photo Viewer - wrong colors?

Greetings.
    When watching photos in Windows Photo Viewer all colors are added a "yellow" look. How do I change that so it looks normal?

If I resize the window so there are borders, they are yellow allso! Look at attached eksample.

:)

Burgurne, Feb 18, 2015
  2. CFMoore Win User

After installing the November update to Windows 10, Photo Viewer no longer works.

As I was testing functions about a successful November (3gb) update to Win10, Windows Photo Viewer would not open pictures. The error message said that it could not find "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\Photo Viewer.dll" It was my default viewer.

First I searched Answers with no help. Then I started testing all the photo viewers on my machine. (All my picture files are jpg.) I right-clicked on pictures, selected Open With and was given a choice of Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Paint, Photo,
    Windows Live Photo Gallery, and Windows Photo Viewer. I proceeded to use each of these in turn to see what would be a good alternative if I could not get Photo Viewer to work.

I repeated the tests with several different pictures. After about three hours, the Open With option Photo Viewer disappeared.

His something wrong with my software, or has Microsoft deliberately disabled Windows Photo Viewer to force the use of the Photo app?

CFMoore, Feb 18, 2015
  3. Windows Live mail does not allow me to open photos in emails received

I went back to Windows Live gallery to open photos and it works, some thing is wrong with Microsoft office picture manager or Windows photo viewer. Thanks for your suggestions.

RossWilliamson, Feb 18, 2015
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

If you have a Catalyst Control Center, you may be able to adjust it there.

5. Burgurne Win User
    I don't as I have an Nvidia card, but it is only this one program that does that "yellowing" thing!

Burgurne, Feb 18, 2015
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    I just checked mine. It shows a little yellowish too. But I usually use the FastStone Image Viewer. That's a LOT better viewer.

7. Burgurne Win User
    Thank you, whs. Faststone Image Viewer is now part of my "toolbox" *Smile

Burgurne, Feb 18, 2015
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

You are welcome. Try to explore it a bit. It has a LOT of features and functions.

I set my file type associations for .jpg, .jpeg, .png and .bmp to FastStone. Then the pics show up in it on a double click. The settings are done here: Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations

9. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks.. I can make use of this as well.

Jeff*Smile

BunnyJ, Feb 19, 2015
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    No problem Jeff. It's really a very nice program.

11. BunnyJ New Member
    I just tried it out and I really like it, again thanks. *Smile

BunnyJ, Feb 19, 2015
  12. JoeShades Win User
    Fastone imageviewer is best viewer out there

JoeShades, Feb 19, 2015
  13. Winuser Win User

Thanks for the tip whs! I tried FastStone Image Viewer last night. It is now my default image viewer.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Photo Viewer - wrong colors? - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer wrong

2. Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors: Hello community,i am struggling with this issue since some time now.I started my journey here where i asked why my Photo Viewer app is showing broken...
  3. Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors: Hello community,i am struggling with this issue since some time now.I started my journey here where i asked why my Photo Viewer app is showing broken...
  4. Windows photo viewer keeps changing the color

Windows photo viewer keeps changing the color: Hi! I have issue that windows photo viewer (the hidden program, not the app) changes colors of photos. I heard it has something to do with color profiles. So I opened Colour Management and removed all profiles for all monitors. Didnt notice any effects on monitors themselves...
  5. White background color on windows photo viewer

White background color on windows photo viewer: Hello I have a problem with windows photo viewer.... my background changed to white and i hate it... how can i change it back to black?[ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 Photo Viewer's desaturated colors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer's desaturated colors: My laptop = HP Envy x360 convertible 15m xxxx (fully up to date) I have been having the issue with desaturated colors in Windows 10. The screen is calibrated. Photos in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop are correct. Photos displayed on websites i use are correct (i.e...
  7. How to Change Color of Windows Photo Viewer Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change Color of Windows Photo Viewer Menu: I am looking for a way to change the color of Windows Photo viewer's menu options. Is it possible to customize it via a custom theme, Or can it be done by registry or by modifying photo viewer dll file. [img] 116199
  8. Change Windows Photo Viewer Background Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows Photo Viewer Background Color: I would like to change the default background color in the Windows Photo Viewer program, not the new app, the original Photo Viewer. I have tried the registry key fix but it does not seem to work with Windows 10. (Create new DWORD 32bit value in...
  9. Photo Viewer Background Color

Photo Viewer Background Color: This is something that perplexes me - I have two computers running Windows 10 Pro, one's a desktop and one's a laptop. I used WinAeroTweaker to "enable" the Windows Photo Viewer for image files, since I prefer it to the newer "Photos" app. When I open a picture on my...
  10. Change Windows Photo Viewer Background Color in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Windows Photo Viewer Background Color in Windows: How to: Change Windows Photo Viewer Background Color in Windows How to Change Windows Photo Viewer Background Color in Windows [img] Information You can use Windows Photo Viewer to view your image files in a variety of ways, print, order prints, attach pictures to an...