Windows 10: Windows Photos App not saving text captions

Discus and support Windows Photos App not saving text captions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 v1803. When using the Windows Photos app v.2018.18051.18420.0 and adding text to an image, sometimes the text will not save to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SueCleere, Aug 7, 2018.

1. SueCleere Win User

Windows Photos App not saving text captions

I'm running Windows 10 v1803. When using the Windows Photos app v.2018.18051.18420.0 and adding text to an image, sometimes the text will not save to the image. I've tested it several times by typing in the text, choosing a font and layout placement. Click Done. I work on another photo. Then I go back to the previous one and the text is gone. I edit the text and it's no longer in the text field. Sometimes, the text is in the editing text field, but does not display on the photo. I have Reset the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Any ideas?

:)

SueCleere, Aug 7, 2018
  2. spageID Win User

Captioning for Photos

What can be used with the Photos app in Windows 10 to label each photo (caption)? It appears that Microsoft doesn't have a captioning feature in its app. Really?!!

spageID, Aug 7, 2018
  3. jpeg captions in windows 10 photo app

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Sorry to inform you that Photo app does not have the option to add captions in the JPEG image.

I suggest you to provided your suggestion and feedback in the Windows 10 Feedback app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with photo app on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Windows Photos App not saving text captions

Photo App - How do add captions to photos.

Hello,

I understand that you are trying to add the caption to Photos in Photo App in Windows.

There is no option to add the captions to Photos in Photo App.

I suggest you to leave a Feedback in the feedback app. You may simply search for “Windows Feedback” from the
    search box, or give your feedbacks on the
    Photo App

Refer: Updates and feedback

Keep us posted if you are facing any further issue on Windows.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Photos App not saving text captions

1. Windows Photos App not saving text captions - Similar Threads - Photos App saving

2. Captions on Paint not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Captions on Paint not saving: I'm trying to add captions to some pictures on Paint. It was working perfectly until just a couple of days ago when all of a sudden half of the caption would disappear the moment I hit "save" or "save as".It seems to happen when I have to shrink a picture using the "shrink...
  3. Captions on Paint not saving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Captions on Paint not saving: I'm trying to add captions to some pictures on Paint. It was working perfectly until just a couple of days ago when all of a sudden half of the caption would disappear the moment I hit "save" or "save as".It seems to happen when I have to shrink a picture using the "shrink...
  4. How to save text from live captions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save text from live captions: As the subject says, I would like to use live captions to convert audio to text. How can I save the text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-text-from-live-captions/6312b697-ecd2-4760-8b51-ac82dd7cb086
  5. How to save text from live captions

How to save text from live captions: As the subject says, I would like to use live captions to convert audio to text. How can I save the text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-text-from-live-captions/6312b697-ecd2-4760-8b51-ac82dd7cb086
  6. Windows photos app saving deleted photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows photos app saving deleted photos?: Upon opening start menu, I noticed a preview of old (long deleted) photos taken on my phone in the windows photos app. (https://prnt.sc/tkm9gg) These photos are not being shown in the app when I open it, in any of the folders and not even on my phone. So unless i'm missing...
  7. Captions in photos app suddenly changed font

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Captions in photos app suddenly changed font: Hi, I was adding captions to pictures in the Windows 10 app, Photos, and suddenly the font changed. I didn't even know there was a choice of fonts till I accidentally changed it. I don't know which combination of keys I hit to do it, but I can't get back to the original font,...
  8. photo captions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo captions: On windows7, photo gallery, I could caption photos. I have a new laptop, with windows10. I uploaded all my photos to onedrive. Now when I download them to windows10 Photos, I cannot find the captions. Most of the captions are identifying insects etc, and I cannot repeat that...
  9. Photo captions

Photo captions: How do you add a text caption to a photo in Microsoft Photo application? The edit offer doesn't seem to have this option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-captions/68ec62af-9fbb-4c9b-8633-4d4127abf3e1
  10. Paint 3D app does not save inserted caption in the Text box

in Windows 10 News
    Paint 3D app does not save inserted caption in the Text box: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Paint 3D isn’t just for three-dimensional work. It has some great tools that enable even two-dimensional editing. As such, it is not only used to add 3D effects to images but also to edit 2D images. However, sometimes, when you [...] This post Paint 3D app...