Windows 10: Windows Photos stops auto-creating albums on a given date

Discus and support Windows Photos stops auto-creating albums on a given date in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey All, As per the subject line, my Windows Photos app stops auto-creating albums on a given date in the past. It was always like that, since I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by krzemien, Jun 7, 2018.

1. krzemien Win User

Windows Photos stops auto-creating albums on a given date

Hey All,

As per the subject line, my Windows Photos app stops auto-creating albums on a given date in the past. It was always like that, since I got this PC, on various Windows 10 versions (I'm on 1803 now which works absolutely fine).

In essence: it does auto-create albums from now backwards until late Aug '12 - and then stops. There's quite a lot of pictures taken since late 90' onwards!

I am guessing it's one / few of the images from around that date that are not to app liking: when I went through the app troubleshooter the other day (yes, I've done that already) that reset the app / removed the database and restarted indexing etc., Photos app crashed on its own few times during the database re-creation. The end result is the same as before the reset.

It's a very minor but rather annoying pickle - not that I cannot live without it, obviously, but it would be good to find the culprit.

So:

Do you guys know if there are any logs available / accessible that I could browse to find the relevant details - as it should be as simple as that?

The alternative is (obviously) to remove images form that catalogue and see what happens. But that's very tiresome and I have quite a few pictures there... I actually reviewed the images from around that time where this process stops but these are not any different from the other ones, at least as far as I can say...

Any ideas appreciated.

:)

krzemien, Jun 7, 2018

2. How to create new album and organize photos in Photos app

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with creating new album do let us know the following:

• Where exactly are you trying to create new albums?
    • Are you referring to creating new albums in Photos app?
    • Are you using any other application to view the photos?

If you referring to Photos app in Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about Photos app and check if it helps.

Refer: Photos app for Windows help

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Tom_WC Win User
    Is it possible to stop the Photos App in Windows 10 from creating albums/collections?

Microsoft apparently could never get Auto-Enhance to work properly so discontinued it. But it never changed photos, it just displayed them with corrections if you requested it.

For unknown reasons Microsoft has declined to allow people to shut off automatic album creation, necessitating the above steps if you have no use for albums and don't want them created. But most people like to create albums and so simply ignore those albums
    or just delete them.

Tom_WC, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Photos stops auto-creating albums on a given date

1. Windows Photos stops auto-creating albums on a given date - Similar Threads - Photos stops auto

2. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  3. Microsoft Photos finds no faces, creates no albums, finds no auto keyword tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos finds no faces, creates no albums, finds no auto keyword tags: Photos has never worked right on my laptop. Didn't when it was Windows 10. Doesn't on Windows 11, either. First it just kept adding the same files over and over and over. It found one face and one or two created albums and a few tags in 82k or so of the photos it kept adding...
  4. Microsoft Photos finds no faces, creates no albums, finds no auto keyword tags

Microsoft Photos finds no faces, creates no albums, finds no auto keyword tags: Photos has never worked right on my laptop. Didn't when it was Windows 10. Doesn't on Windows 11, either. First it just kept adding the same files over and over and over. It found one face and one or two created albums and a few tags in 82k or so of the photos it kept adding...
  5. created new album in Photo but cant find it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    created new album in Photo but cant find it: Hi, I was viewing pics on Windows 10 laptop and wanted to save the best ones, I used the "add to" option to create a new album, however now I cant find the the new album I created. Any help would would be great, Kind regards, Scott...
  6. auto saving a photo when saving to an album

auto saving a photo when saving to an album: I have a client that has uses Photo to manage her pictures. She recently bought a new computer and new laptop. On the old computer she would receive and email with a picture, she'd click it to see it it would open in the Photos App, choose Add To. Then she would choose a...
  7. Is there a way to create albums based on folders in Windows Photos?

Is there a way to create albums based on folders in Windows Photos?: Title says it all really. I'm moving a large 20+ year photo library from the now defunct Google Picasa application to Windows Photos, and all my photographs are stored very neatly by folders. I know I am going to lose a lot of my organisation when I move my library over,...
  8. Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...

Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...: Unable to transfer an Album 300photos in Photos to burn to a DVD or disc How to Create a file folder to transfer the album to - or actually transfer the album so I could burn to a dvd...
  9. How to create a photo album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a photo album: Create an album by opening 'Photos', select 'Create > Album'. Select the pictures you want to include, then select 'Create'. For more info click here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/photo-basics#createalbumphotos [ATTACH]...
  10. how to stop windows from creating photo albums?

how to stop windows from creating photo albums?: Yesterday, I got a notification that windows has created a photo album for me. The thing is, I don't want windows doing that. At least on its own. If I want an album made, I'll make it. Is there a setting I can turn off?...