Windows 10: Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?

Discus and support Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I got to realize windows implemented its own battery power manager , it is set on "Best Performance" while I already have a manufacturer battery power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?

I got to realize windows implemented its own battery power manager , it is set on "Best Performance" while I already have a manufacturer battery power manager that is installed but two years old (Early 2016) that reports being up to date set on "Balance Mode" , now i am clueless which one is in effect right now and if i should disable one *sarc

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 20, 2017

2. Power management

Hi team ,

i have issue on USB ,3.0 pen drive detecting as 2.0 and i have MSFT network monitor can anyone tell me how to use this tool?Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ? :( plss.

Madhumahanthesh, Oct 20, 2017
  3. Power management

Thank u so much fro ur quick reply Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ? :)

Madhumahanthesh, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?

I'd stick with the Windows Power Manager rather than Manufacturer's since I believe you have better control of your power management with Windows. However, if your manufacturer has a fan control system, keep using that IMO

theveterans, Oct 20, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    Currently on my Laptop the manufacturers Eco Power settings application is not installed.
    It adds in a couple of Power plans and alters the long list slightly in the Windows advanced power options. System cooling policy moves to different section in there though it seems to be the same.

The fan seems to be controlled the same whether the manufacturers Eco power app is installed or not. I never used any of the manufacturers additions which just seemed to complicate things.
    It obviously has links and is not entirely separate from Windows Power options.

Your manufacturers extra power settings/Battery manager/Eco/Green, plans, etc maybe different. You'll have to experiment, carefully.

Helmut, Oct 20, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    I use High Performance on my Desktop but that is because I use my PC for my recording studio. For "regular" PC operations Balanced is OK (and what my Laptop is set to).

fireberd, Oct 20, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Similar to what fireberd described, I use the balanced, with min/max at 5%-100%. It will throttle up quickly when needed. And, as mentioned by theveterans , if a fan control is available, keep that. Windows is capable of managing the power plans quite well. Any discrete GPUs, I would use the card manufacturers options, if available.

f14tomcat, Oct 20, 2017
  8. Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?

On newer systems it does.

Josey Wales, Oct 20, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Well, maybe the OP will come back and tell us something about his machine, like make, model, age, mem, disk.....the basics. We know it's at least 2 years old by his post.

All we know now is:
    Computer Type: Laptop

f14tomcat, Oct 20, 2017
  10. The OP has been around here for almost 2 years. Don't hold your breath TC.*Smile

Josey Wales, Oct 20, 2017
  11. First I favor the manufacturer's power manager because according to their claim it preserves battery life longer by keeping it around 60% charge when kept in charger constantly because being fully charged for prolonged times without use ruins it . I found their claim valid since the battery still operates as normal as I bought it 2 years ago unlike other laptops I had that deteriorated within a year of use .

Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ? [​IMG]

But like you see this is what confuses me , according to windows power manager I am running at best performance , however according to my manufacturer's power manager I have it at medium performance , and according to power options I am on balanced power plan .

So technically this makes the manufacturer's power manager more authentic at its reporting than windows power manager . Mind you I don't get this , shouldn't moving power slider control change power plan accordingly ?*sarc

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 22, 2017
  12. I have been researching the net about that new performance slider and how its unattached to power plans , I think it is fairly new , the whole web is posting older power manager photos which didn't have that slider :

Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ? [​IMG]

There are several mentions however that relates this slider to be a work in progress .
    The forum here is aware of it let me quote
    There is also mentions here that the slider is intended for apps weather they are allowed to run in background while in power saving mode .
    Other surprisingly vague quotes here by Microsoft that they have been sweating themselves testing and testing and finally could come to 11% battery saving for users of such slider on 6th generation of Intel CPUs but promise to optimize it for other cores later this year
    So basically I am getting the idea that :
    1 - Power Plans and Power Mode are 2 different things .
    2 - And that Power Mode is just a dummy slider so people can feel happy but it might work for certain ambiguous hardware , or am I mistaken here ? *sarc

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?

1. Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ? - Similar Threads - Power Manager Manufacturer

2. Windows and power management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and power management: Hi allThree of my windows 11 laptops are ignoring my power management settings. One of these laptops is the top of the line Surface Studio that has support and since I paid for it, I figured, I would open a ticket with MSFT support first and see how they do. When did this, I...
  3. Windows and power management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows and power management: Hi allThree of my windows 11 laptops are ignoring my power management settings. One of these laptops is the top of the line Surface Studio that has support and since I paid for it, I figured, I would open a ticket with MSFT support first and see how they do. When did this, I...
  4. No power management in Device Manager Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No power management in Device Manager Windows 10: hi i am trying to fix my laptop automaticly disconecting from the wifi so i went to device maneger and network adapter and i did not see the power management tab please help this is very annoying...
  5. power option processor power management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    power option processor power management: i have problem when i put on maximum processor state to 100% fps drops and when it is on 80% there are no more fps drops pls can someone help me submitted by /u/Impuls45 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows power management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows power management: Hello, I've moved to Windows from Linux as I need the Office suite for work reasons. The battery life on Windows is literally half that I had on Linux. It's a shame. I really need some serious alternative to Linux's TLP. Anyone can help? submitted by /u/lucagee__ [link]...
  7. Power Management

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Management: My power management is set to sleep/turn off display after 30 minutes of inactivity, whilst plugged in. When I watch catch up TV e.g. QuestTV on dplay.co.uk the laptop goes to sleep (black screen) after 30 minutes, whilst the programme is still running. I do not consider...
  8. Power Management

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Management: I have migrated from a company-managed PC to my own now HP Omen - is it possible to close the lid without shutting down the machine? I'd like to continue to use it with wireless keyboard, mouse, and external screen. Is it even a good idea to do this?...
  9. Power management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power management: There is a power regulator which has three modes. It disappeared and now I can't find any other way to fix it. How can I restore the power management to get back the power regulator...
  10. Power management?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power management?: When I change the power management to never turn the screen off on my desktop the setting is back to 15 minutes when the Pc is restarted. On my laptop I don't have this problem and I can't find a setting in the BIOS which can be the cause? I use build 10586.11 64 bit....