Windows 10: Windows Power Option Configuration settings missing

Discus and support Windows Power Option Configuration settings missing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I currently have a dell xps 9570, and I like to make my own power settings to limit the cpu while away at school because im only using it for word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sabino455, Jul 21, 2018.

1. sabino455 Win User

Windows Power Option Configuration settings missing

I currently have a dell xps 9570, and I like to make my own power settings to limit the cpu while away at school because im only using it for word docs, ide, etc. The issue is after I updated windows, it seems like most of the power configuration options are gone *Sad. (See Picture). Like i want to be able to cap my cpu usage, did they remove this for good or did they move it to another section? Thanks in advance guys.

Windows Power Option Configuration settings missing [​IMG]

:)

sabino455, Jul 21, 2018
  2. davidhk Win User

Power options missing High Performance option

Tutorial :
    Create Custom Power Plan in Windows 10
    Option Two

Unable to use command prompt power cfg /list

Windows Power Option Configuration settings missing [​IMG]

davidhk, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Power options missing High Performance option

The command should be: powercfg /list

Well, it looks like this below was reported to work, but it will remove "Sleep" with CsEnabled set to 0.

*Arrow Missing power options Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Leaving the slider at "Best Performance" would be the same as using High Performance though.

Brink, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 power options

Hi Robert,

About your concern with Windows 10 power options, applied settings may not be recognized due to several reasons. We suggest that you run the Windows 10 Power troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:

• Go to Search, type troubleshoot, and click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will automatically start. It will try to solve any detected issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Xylee Del, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Power Option Configuration settings missing - Similar Threads - Power Option Configuration

2. USB power setting is missing from the Power Options running Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB power setting is missing from the Power Options running Windows 11: I am trying to manage my USB power plan settings but the USB option is missing from the Advanced Power Settings option.Control Panel/System and Security/Power Options/Edit Plan Settings/Change Advanced Power SettingsFYI: I am running Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 on an HP...
  3. USB power setting is missing from the Power Options running Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB power setting is missing from the Power Options running Windows 11: I am trying to manage my USB power plan settings but the USB option is missing from the Advanced Power Settings option.Control Panel/System and Security/Power Options/Edit Plan Settings/Change Advanced Power SettingsFYI: I am running Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 on an HP...
  4. USB settings in power plan options is missing in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB settings in power plan options is missing in Windows 10.: When i go to "change advanced power setting" I'm missing the usb settings. It's a brand new asus vivobook running WIn 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-settings-in-power-plan-options-is-missing-in/fcdd2e1e-2a20-4c27-aa45-16f1ce742064
  5. Missing most settings in the "Advanced power options"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing most settings in the "Advanced power options": I have a new dell vostro 7500 with win 10 2004. When I got to advanced power options under any of the power plans, I don't see many of the options I normally see. here is all i see https://ibb.co/kxgZLrT I tried the instructions on the following page, but my regedit does...
  6. Power options missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options missing: I cannot display the power options in the GUI display for the "High Performance" power plan. That is also the only one that appears, NO other defaults such as "Balanced" or "Power Saver": C:\Users\LeLor>powercfg /list Existing Power Schemes * Active...
  7. Laptop missing power option settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop missing power option settings: I am currently on my DELL laptop and im missing alot of the power setting than what i had on my old laptop. Screenshot - 27c5ce3d868dc79fa2a7846faa1519ff - Gyazo I was wondering how to get them back. 141105
  8. Missing power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power options: I apparently have Fast Startup enabled after upgrading to Win10. I would like to turn it off so I am not automatically logged on when I power up. (We don't have the IDs password protected on this desktop PC.) There are very simple instructions given in a TenForums tutorial,...
  9. Missing power options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing power options: Oi! I had problems with my power options, in both Windows 8.1 as well as Windows 10 (clean install). I just have the balansed power mode set, but I would like to have performance enabled. Do you guys know of any way of enabling it? Here's a screenshot of my power options:...
  10. Power Options missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options missing: I am having difficulty with Windows 10 shutdown. There is no power options in shutdown from Start Alt- f 10 does not show the options listed in winnows key sh9ortcuts Hovering the mouse at the lower right of the screen does not produce shutdown options The computer is HP...