Windows 10: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Deprecation

Discus and support Windows PowerShell 2.0 Deprecation in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We recently announced that Windows PowerShell 2.0 is being deprecated in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Deprecation is a process whereby... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows PowerShell 2.0 Deprecation

Source: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Deprecation | PowerShell Team Blog

:)

Brink, Aug 24, 2017
  2. aakkam22 Win User

Security settings

The SSL 2.0 contains structural vulnerabilities. It is a deprecated protocol, and you should be using SSL 3.0 only.

aakkam22, Aug 24, 2017
  3. RaphaelT. Win User
    Cannot launch PowerShell x64 on Windows 10

Hello,

Thanks for your assistance.

Finally I was able to run the DSIM.exe program but it dit not fixed my issue.

I also tried to uninstall / reinstall "PowerShell" without more success.

I'm just suprised that in the "Enable / Disable Windows features" the only entry is "Windows PowerShell 2.0", which is a pretty old version....

For your information, If I unsinstall "Windows PowerShell 2.0", I still have the same error.

Any more idea or suggestion ?

Thanks.

RaphaelT., Aug 24, 2017
Thema:

Windows PowerShell 2.0 Deprecation

1. Windows PowerShell 2.0 Deprecation - Similar Threads - PowerShell Deprecation

2. Powershell file closes instantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell file closes instantly: Hello, I have a problem. If I carry out a PowerShell file, PowerShell closes instantly. I already set the Execution Policy to unrestricted. How do I solve this problem. Please help.Thank youFelix...
  3. Powershell file closes instantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell file closes instantly: Hello, I have a problem. If I carry out a PowerShell file, PowerShell closes instantly. I already set the Execution Policy to unrestricted. How do I solve this problem. Please help.Thank youFelix...
  4. Powershell file closes instantly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Installing PowerShell 7-x64.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing PowerShell 7-x64.: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-powershell-7-x64/6d1d6de6-1b6f-44df-a221-9eedc66632c1
  6. Installing PowerShell 7-x64.

Installing PowerShell 7-x64.: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-powershell-7-x64/6d1d6de6-1b6f-44df-a221-9eedc66632c1
  7. Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?: I accidentally removed the USB stick while in a command "clean". I know it's corrupted so I tried to fix it by formatting or removing it entirely since it has no files within the USB. Tried multiple applications till I found some applications that can actually read the USB...
  8. Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?

Why does typing diskpart on cmd and PowerShell not continue and show what should have seen?: I accidentally removed the USB stick while in a command "clean". I know it's corrupted so I tried to fix it by formatting or removing it entirely since it has no files within the USB. Tried multiple applications till I found some applications that can actually read the USB...
  9. Used powershell on Windows 11 in S mode, How?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used powershell on Windows 11 in S mode, How?: I've been experiencing some hacking, among other things, so I got a new laptop in S mode, I after a week or so of using it I decided to try to use PowerShell not knowing that you're not supposed to be able to use it on a computer in s mode, at first it gave the pop up saying...
  10. Used powershell on Windows 11 in S mode, How?

Used powershell on Windows 11 in S mode, How?: I've been experiencing some hacking, among other things, so I got a new laptop in S mode, I after a week or so of using it I decided to try to use PowerShell not knowing that you're not supposed to be able to use it on a computer in s mode, at first it gave the pop up saying...