Windows 10: Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?

Discus and support Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hiya. I was recently checking my network activity for the last month, and I found something that seemed very odd to me. I was wondering, isn't it a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anik96ii, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Anik96ii Win User

Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?

Hiya. I was recently checking my network activity for the last month, and I found something that seemed very odd to me.

I was wondering, isn't it a bit unusual that Windows Problem Reporting (wermgr.exe) has uploaded over 21GB of data in the last 29 days, even though I haven't had any issues or crashes on my laptop in that period? I checked the file path and everything seems to be "authentic".

Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data? a455c17f-f58a-46b6-b140-0fae0070a6e5?upload=true.png

Also, could somebody please tell me if there's a way to make it stop, or at least reduce the enormous amount of data it shares? I already tried changing the Diagnostics and Data settings (Windows settings ⇾ Privacy ⇾ Diagnostics & feedback) from Full to Basic, and changed the startup type option on the services.msc to disabled, but it's still uploading at over 150 KB/s.

Moved from : Windows 10 / Security & privacy

:)

Anik96ii, Jul 29, 2018

2. Windows problem reports not uploading

I'm running Windows 10 version 1803 with all available patches applied. I've been getting a lot of crashes over the last few months and it seems Windows isn't uploading these problem reports to Microsoft. All other reports are being sent but the ones for
    Windows itself aren't going. I've followed the suggestions available on this forum, which is to verify the Windows Error Reporting Service is starting and reboot. I've done this a number of times but the reports still aren't going. I'd be grateful for any
    suggestions, either to send the reports or to improve Windows' stability.

aceswerling2, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

Computer Won't Reboot - AMD Data Change...Updata New Data to DMI

If he is getting stuck at verifying DMI pool data, that means his BIOS isn't finishing the POST process before it's hanging up. Although I'm confused now because he said he tried re-installing windows which would indicate that the machine is getting through the entire POST process.

I'm confused now. I think we need a better, more descriptive version of what exactly is happening.

Maybe a full step by step process of what is happening?

Aquinus, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data? - Similar Threads - Problem Reporting uploading

2. A lot of problems with windows!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A lot of problems with windows!!: The first and most important: I have a new pc (2 weeks) and for some reason the pc freezes, and the only solution is forcing a restart holding the power button. Today i was tired of this problem so i decided to wait to the pc to fix itself, and i concluded that the problem is...
  3. Diagnostic data/Problem Reports

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic data/Problem Reports: I recently installed diagnostic data viewer and see a bunch of issues which apparently have been reported to Microsoft I guess, not 100% sure, but these issue on my PC will they be fixed by updates or would I have to take PC to a technician for repairs. Note PC still running...
  4. Upload my data to the cloud.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Upload my data to the cloud.: I kept receiving messages from Microsoft that if I clicked on the box my free cell data would be saved in case my system might fail etc. After resisting my impulse to try it I finally broke down to try it. Big mistake. Microsoft took my data and said it would be put on the...
  5. lots of windows error reporting on windows tablet

lots of windows error reporting on windows tablet: Hi, sicne quite some time apparently or since the delivery and first configuration of this device, I have quite a lot of windows error reporting. No specific error or crashes but lots of reports are generated by the windows error reporting about anything and everything. I...
  6. loosing a lot on data cost

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    loosing a lot on data cost: Hello everyone I'm loosing a lot of data minutes with this windows 10. I go through 50 gigs in a short space of time. I also lost my product key. I cant access windows Microsoft applications. Please help....
  7. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data: Hello, I have found threads about iclouphoto.exe consuming a lot of data because it is syncing to a server (in my case 120GB in a day)but I haven't found a permanent solution to the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks...
  8. "system" using lots of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "system" using lots of data: Hi, I live in a rural area and was using mobile data for internet however recently got nbn satellite installed. Satellite internet provides you with a peak and off peak data allowance and the provider I am using had info on how you can use your off-peak data (between 1am &...
  9. Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?: Hiya. I was recently checking my network activity for the last month, and I found something that seemed very odd to me. I was wondering, isn't it a bit unusual that Windows Problem Reporting (wermgr.exe) has uploaded over 21GB of data in the last 29 days, even though I...
  10. Windows problem reports not uploading

Windows problem reports not uploading: I'm running Windows 10 version 1803 with all available patches applied. I've been getting a lot of crashes over the last few months and it seems Windows isn't uploading these problem reports to Microsoft. All other reports are being sent but the ones for Windows itself aren't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wermgr uploading a lot of data

2. wermgr is uploading lots of data from my pc

3. windows problem reporting uploading