Windows 10: Windows Process Activation Process (WAS) errors after 1803 update

Discus and support Windows Process Activation Process (WAS) errors after 1803 update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have resolved this issue, but post it here as it may help others, especially as there are sooooo many issues after the 1803 upgrade. After the 1803... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by robmar0se, Jul 4, 2018.

1. robmar0se Win User

Windows Process Activation Process (WAS) errors after 1803 update

I have resolved this issue, but post it here as it may help others, especially as there are sooooo many issues after the 1803 upgrade.

After the 1803 update the system became very slow.

In the Windows system event log several errors due to the failing WAS service. The effect of this was to slow everything down. In the services info the WAS service is set to manual and stopped. If you try to turn it on it fails with files not found etc.

I noted that elsewhere in the forum someone had a similar situation after the 1709 update. He fixed his problem by going into the "turn windows features on/off" function and found that is his case there was a link to the FTP service. Although I didn't have the FTP service option I did note that the 3 options under the WAS service the .net option was not ticked. I ticked it in hope rather than belief, and rebooted (from cold just in case). To my surprise it booted very quickly and the WAS errors have gone!!!

Hope it helps

:)

robmar0se, Jul 4, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Process Monitor 1.2 Released

Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity. It combines the features of two legacy Sysinternals utilities, Filemon and Regmon, and adds an extensive list of enhancements including rich and non-destructive filtering, comprehensive event properties such session IDs and user names, reliable process information, full thread stacks with integrated symbol support for each operation, simultaneous logging to a file, and much more. Its uniquely powerful features will make Process Monitor a core utility in your system troubleshooting and malware hunting toolkit.Process Monitor runs on Windows 2000 SP4 with Update Rollup 1, Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, and Windows Vista as well as x64 versions of Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Windows Vista.

Source: ProcessMonitor

HellasVagabond, Jul 4, 2018
  4. KieX Win User

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

KieX, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Process Activation Process (WAS) errors after 1803 update - Similar Threads - Process Activation Process

2. critical process error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    critical process error: So i’m having a critical process error on my computer and blue screen every time i load it up and it brings me to the page where i can see advanced options but when i try to put my password for cmd or hardware reset my pc or really any option it makes me put my password which...
  3. critical process error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    critical process error: So i’m having a critical process error on my computer and blue screen every time i load it up and it brings me to the page where i can see advanced options but when i try to put my password for cmd or hardware reset my pc or really any option it makes me put my password which...
  4. Critical Processing Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Processing Error: I have recently upgraded my GPU in my computer from a 1660 to 2070. My computer worked fine for a couple days now it keeps giving me a blue screen with stopcode Critical Process Error. I've completely wiped my computer and put a fresh install of windows and still does not...
  5. Critical Process Died after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died after Windows update: Error after update Stop Code CRITICAL PROCESS DIED Have followed Microsoft suggested support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors with no success. Have also uninstalled the most recent quality update and rolled back...
  6. Windows Process Activation Error 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Process Activation Error 15: I am running windows 10 home 64 bit As of this morning my computer was great. Got on this evening, no updates in between, hoped on World of Warcraft classic run 10 steps and computer crashed, no error message or anything just rebooted. Tried again same thing, went to event...
  7. Process with network activity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Process with network activity: can any one assists going mad our internet in the office is not working We have a dedicated line for internet was advised by our provider when he access our router and monitors the movement on the network, two computers are sending massive GB data that is clogging the...
  8. windows process activation services

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows process activation services: hi I just want know what is windows process activation services in windows 10 in turn windows features on and off and should I turn it on or leave it off I dont know what it is used for or what it dose...
  9. Windows 10 1803 update obsoleted Windows 10 processes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1803 update obsoleted Windows 10 processes: I've been given instructions similar the the set below. They are obsolete. When will Microsoft document all the changes in Windows 10? I've seen 3 different dialogs for creating a user. The process forces admin to use email addresses. You can rectify this issue by...
  10. Monitor internet activity of a process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Monitor internet activity of a process: I know that in windows its possible to monitor which processes are connecting to the internet and which ip they are connecting to and which ports they are using. But is there a way to monitor the data a process downloads or uploads while connected to the internet? I saw...