Windows 10: Windows profiles are missing entirely!

Discus and support Windows profiles are missing entirely! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My husband and I both have our own profiles on our laptop. My husband is even more tech incompetent than I am and he's not sure what exactly he did but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Meghan B Stamps, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Windows profiles are missing entirely!

My husband and I both have our own profiles on our laptop. My husband is even more tech incompetent than I am and he's not sure what exactly he did but somehow he switched into the generic administrator profile on the laptop, which oddly seems to have all of the documents/access from my own profile. I can't find either of our profiles anywhere though - and even when I go to "user accounts" in the control panel it is only prompting me to create/add new users. This is particularly troubling because documents and materials for my husband's business were all on his profile and now I can't find the

:)

Meghan B Stamps, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows profiles are missing entirely!

1. Windows profiles are missing entirely! - Similar Threads - profiles are missing

2. Windows Apps folder missing entirely.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Apps folder missing entirely.: It started with me not being able to install widgets on the XBox game bar thing, which lead me to discovering that I had no Windows Store application, which eventually led to me discovering that I have no Windows apps at all, when I checked my "C:\Program Files" folder, I was...
  3. Windows Apps folder missing entirely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps folder missing entirely.: It started with me not being able to install widgets on the XBox game bar thing, which lead me to discovering that I had no Windows Store application, which eventually led to me discovering that I have no Windows apps at all, when I checked my "C:\Program Files" folder, I was...
  4. Windows Apps folder missing entirely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows profiles are missing entirely!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows profiles are missing entirely!: My husband and I both have our own profiles on our laptop. My husband is even more tech incompetent than I am and he's not sure what exactly he did but somehow he switched into the generic administrator profile on the laptop, which oddly seems to have all of the...
  6. Missing profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing profile Windows 10: Hello,After starting windows10 today I noticed that the login for my user account was not there. Instead there was a generic "admin" profile that I was able to log into. Then, it went through a "first-time" set up for that profile. Once in, I was able to see the files to the...
  7. Missing profile Windows 10

Missing profile Windows 10: Hello,After starting windows10 today I noticed that the login for my user account was not there. Instead there was a generic "admin" profile that I was able to log into. Then, it went through a "first-time" set up for that profile. Once in, I was able to see the files to the...
  8. Readyboost Tab Missing Entirely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Readyboost Tab Missing Entirely: I have an ASUS T100TA transformer book that I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home edition. The computer only has 64Gb of Storage and 2Gb of Memory which I was hoping to be able to upgrade by allocating a small portion of a Micro SD card to use with Readyboost. Unfortunatley,...
  9. GameDVR service missing entirely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GameDVR service missing entirely: I was going to play a game and attempted to open the Game Bar. It would not open. I looked in the registry and did find the BCastDVRUserService service. It was disabled, but when I tried to enable it with services.msc it would just spit out "The paramater is incorrect." So I...
  10. GameDVR service missing entirely

GameDVR service missing entirely: I was going to play a game and attempted to open the Game Bar. It would not open. I looked in the registry and did find the BCastDVRUserService service. It was disabled, but when I tried to enable it with services.msc it would just spit out "The paramater is incorrect." So I...