Windows 10: Windows & Qnap

Discus and support Windows & Qnap in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, when i click on network i can see the qnap and if i click on it go's to login for qnap page. Windows cannot access it . I can access qnap from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wasi, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Wasi Win User

Windows & Qnap

Hello, when i click on network i can see the qnap and if i click on it go's to login for qnap page.
    Windows cannot access it . I can access qnap from it's software. Any ideas

:)

2. Sam___ Win User

NAS Drive - Folder security problem

Chris,

If that's the case your best bet is contacting QNAP support. This forums are for Windows support only and your issue is with permissions on your QNAP device. Sorry.

-Sam

Sam___, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Sam___ Win User
    NAS Drive - Folder security problem

Chris,

The ACLs will be controlled by your QNAP device and not Windows. Windows shares will have Windows ACLs assigned to them, but a storage device will manage user access by itself. Depending on the model and operating system version of the QNAP you can access
    all the data by accessing the shares as a root user. Personally I use a FreeNAS NAS device, so I am not sure how to do that with a QNAP. Best to contact their support or check the QNAP support forums.

-Sam

Sam___, Jun 11, 2016
  4. ytournai Win User

Windows & Qnap

Hi, I'm a French guy and I have the same issue. *092

Do you find something?

ytournai, Jun 30, 2016
  5. Wasi Win User
    In the qnap software click on connect open in file explorer..still can't do it with windows direct but
    for now it's only thing that work

Wasi, Jul 6, 2016
  6. ytournai Win User
    Ok , that's what I do too

But how can I copy files from my USB device connected from my PC to my NAS?

File Explorer should be the best but.....

ytournai, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows & Qnap

1. Windows & Qnap - Similar Threads - Qnap

2. Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS: Windows does not see the NAS, a QNAP TS-219PII. This worked perfectly under Windows 10. The Windows LAN is defined as public, both network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned on. SMB is turned on.Which settings are to be checked in order that Windows recognizes...
  3. Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not see QNAP NAS: Windows does not see the NAS, a QNAP TS-219PII. This worked perfectly under Windows 10. The Windows LAN is defined as public, both network discovery and file and printer sharing are turned on. SMB is turned on.Which settings are to be checked in order that Windows recognizes...
  4. Cannot access QNAP shares from windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access QNAP shares from windows 10: I have a QNAP NAS connected in my LAN having a name (nas-name) and an IP (nas-ip). After a brand new W10 PC entered my network I got the 'Windows Cannot access \\nas-ip" error when typing \\nas-ip in explorer. All other PCs can access the NAS folder tree in explorer though. I...
  5. Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But...: Hi, I use QNAP qsync to sync files on my PC with a private cloud, so far this worked perfectly but since a few days I experience the following: Defender Icon is on « Actions needed » Performed quickscan. Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files e.g....
  6. Macrium Reflect creating full disk image QNAP NAS too slow

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect creating full disk image QNAP NAS too slow: I have always been a big fan of Macrium Reflect and have several images on several USB drives around the place. Recently I have purchased a QNAP TS453Be (8G memory) which I am amazed it took me this long to get one. With 4x4TB NAS drives in raid 5 configuration. Very happy...
  7. QNAP NAS invisible to Backup Centre

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    QNAP NAS invisible to Backup Centre: Would appreciate assistance with this matter... The W10 (1909) Backup & Restore facility doesn't 'see' my connected QNAP NAS. The NAS doesn't show when I browse to look for a network location on which to backup. Worked fine under W7. And I can't remember the exact NAS file...
  8. Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade

Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi folks, I was apprehensive about Windows 10. I know this because the upgrade icon stated for a while now that it was ready to download and install - but I wasn't. I was quite content with my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS. Unfortunately, yesterday in a particularly good...
  9. Map network drive from Qnap TS-431P NAS, error code 0x80070035

Map network drive from Qnap TS-431P NAS, error code 0x80070035: Hi. I am having problems mapping my network drives in windows 10 file explorer. It is shared folders from my Qnap TS-431P NAS that I am trying to map. This has worked for about 6 months now, but suddenly it does not work any more. I have tried two different computers with...
  10. Cannot connect with network location (QNAP)

Cannot connect with network location (QNAP): Hi, I would like to map a network location (QNAP) on computer running Windows 10. There aren't any problems with it on other PC's, also with Windows 10. All computers are in company's domain. When I try to connect there is info: [IP address] is not available. We cannot...