Windows 10: Windows Quick Assist not working for me

Discus and support Windows Quick Assist not working for me in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try using “Windows Quick Assist” I get the following error. (See attached screen shot.) I can see the Security Code for just a second and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TsgtGene, Aug 8, 2016.

1. TsgtGene Win User

Windows Quick Assist not working for me

When I try using “Windows Quick Assist” I get the following error. (See attached screen shot.) I can see the Security Code for just a second and then the “An Error Has Occurred” (screen shot) shows, telling me to close Quick Assist and try again later. Which does not work.

Windows Quick Assist not working for me [​IMG]

:)

TsgtGene, Aug 8, 2016
  2. Julie Ram Win User

quick assist for win 10

Hi Cindy,

Microsoft Quick Assist is a Windows 10 app that enables two people to share a computer over a remote connection so that one person can help solve problems on the other person’s computer.

To open Quick Assist, follow these steps:

Select the Start button > Windows Accessories >
    Quick Assist, or select the search box on the taskbar and type
    Quick Assist
    , and then select Quick Assist in the list of results.

For more information regarding Quick Assist, you may check this
    link.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to post back.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Julie Ram, Aug 8, 2016
  3. quick assist for win 10

how do i get quick assist for win 10

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings**

cindycheney, Aug 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 8, 2016
  5. TsgtGene Win User
    I know how to open Quick Assist. My problem is that it does not allow me to connect with another computer. See my attachment showing
    "An Error Occurred". The code needed to connect to another computer, does not show long enough on my screen to write it down or send to the person that needs the help.

TsgtGene, Aug 9, 2016
  6. See if the Store has an update

Make sure you're connected to the Internet when you try Quick Assist
    Review Remote settings in System Properties

other than that ... it's a new app that might need time to mature.

Slartybart, Aug 9, 2016
  7. TsgtGene Win User
    Quick Assist not listed in Windows Store. Remote settings in System Properties look ok.
    Thanks for the input. I'll give it time to mature.

TsgtGene, Aug 9, 2016
  8. Windows Quick Assist not working for me

I gave it a quit try, but I stopped at using a MS account - I'll try on a different machine later.

Try right click, run as administrator

re maturity: Two machines had an issue with Winkey+search query for the past day. At first, it would only work if I was connected, then after KB3176495 was installed yesterday, it would not work at all. I tried the Store , DISM restorehealth, SFC, and rebuilt the search index - none helped.
    As I was reading your post, I went to search for something and out of habit used WinKey+search query
    IT WORKED!

I'll post anything I find testing Quick Assist on another machine.

Slartybart, Aug 10, 2016
  9. TsgtGene Win User
    Thanks for responding to my Post. I have been running the program as administrator. All end with the same results, “An error has occurred”.

TsgtGene, Aug 10, 2016
  10. DoubleR Win User
    I tried it today with the exact same results. I'll post back if I find the cause

DoubleR, Aug 29, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 29, 2016
  12. racdev Win User
    I was having this same problem so i reinstall windows 10 pro Quick Assist was working fine then i went to Internet Properties to set my settings. Went back and tried Quick Assist didn't work. So i worked backward and figure out the problem, under internet properties under the advanced tab you have to make sure that the "do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked. If it is check the you get error. I don't see why the tech's at Microsoft didn't catch this. Well do this i you should be fine

racdev, Sep 24, 2016
  13. stocktiki Win User

Having the same issue. When I launch Quick Assist - I just get a blank window. Not sure where to go for Internet Properties to try this fix. Thanks!

stocktiki, Sep 30, 2016
  14. stocktiki Win User
    Found it. "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" is unchecked - but Quick Assist (a great tool) is still not working. It launches, I can sign in using my MSFT account - but then I just get a blank screen. Any ideas?

stocktiki, Sep 30, 2016
  15. gritz1571 Win User
    Finally a solution to the Error Messsage.

Windows Quick Assist not working for me [​IMG]

Under internet properties under the advanced tab you have to make sure that the "do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked. If it is check the you get error.

Thank you soooo much, racdev*Biggrin

gritz1571, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Quick Assist not working for me - Similar Threads - Quick Assist working

2. quick assist not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick assist not working: error 1002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-not-working/59146b24-d367-4830-9c24-79730a5c8174
  3. quick assist not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quick assist not working: error 1002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-not-working/59146b24-d367-4830-9c24-79730a5c8174
  4. quick assist not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Quick Assist - Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist - Not working: Hi, I've been using Quick Assist and have encountered a problem of it not working. Whenever I try to open it and get a code to connect, it redirects and says "Waiting for the person helping you to set up the session." Tried shutting down both pcs and turning it on again but...
  6. Quick Assist - Not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist - Not working: Hi, I've been using Quick Assist and have encountered a problem of it not working. Whenever I try to open it and get a code to connect, it redirects and says "Waiting for the person helping you to set up the session." Tried shutting down both pcs and turning it on again but...
  7. Quick Assist not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist not working: If anyone can offer any help is solving this problem I would be very grateful !! Has anyone figured out why Quick Assist will load and run just fine on some PC's while on others a rotating animated "loading" symbol just spins and spins but never displays the get help / give...
  8. Quick Assist not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Assist not working: If anyone can offer any help is solving this problem I would be very grateful !! Has anyone figured out why Quick Assist will load and run just fine on some PC's while on others a rotating animated "loading" symbol just spins and spins but never displays the get help / give...
  9. Quick assist not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick assist not working: I have 3 pc's two laptops and am an Insider getting pre releases, now set to slow updates to get more stability. I have the latest build and was trying to help a friend when I discovered the Quick assist does not work As advise on one help site I ran the CMD SCF tool it...
  10. Quick Assist Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist Not Working: When i open Quick Assist (the feature that the newer Windows 10 update added) the dialog box opens and i pick Give assistance, then it start to flash or like when someone press refresh continuously. I can see that it says Share Security Code etc, etc and to copy code to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick assist not working

2. quick assist an error has occurred

3. when using quick assist an error has occurred

4. quick assist not loading,
  5. quickassist capture something wrong,
  6. quick assist still loading,
  7. quick assist an error has occured,
  8. windows 10 quick assist missing,
  9. Site:Microsoft.com quick assist error has occurred,
  10. quick assist program does not recognize my work account,
  11. quick assist errors has occurred,