Windows 10: Windows Random Shutdown when using

Discus and support Windows Random Shutdown when using in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was using my laptop and windows shutdown with no warning, when i restarted windows it was stuck in a boot loop. I the start up repair utility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ThomasHoey, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Windows Random Shutdown when using

I was using my laptop and windows shutdown with no warning, when i restarted windows it was stuck in a boot loop.

I the start up repair utility within windows now the computer boots to user account when i put in my password it says preparing windows sits like this for 10 mins then all i get is a black screen with mouse cursor. left like this for 3 hours and still nothing.

same issue arrises when I try to boot to into safe mode

unfortunately system restore is not turned on so cant restore to earlier date.

I have tried rebuilding BCD from bootrec from a windows 10 usb (no fix)

SFC /scannow runs verification to 100% then I get windoows resource protection could not perform the requested operation

tried runing chkdsk /f and /r didnt help

system recovery will not reset computer either

anyone any ideas

Thanks in advance

:)

ThomasHoey, Jul 31, 2017
  2. giugeo85 Win User

Pc expect shutdown

Hi Vanessa,

no error when shutdown, pc shutdown random during use.

No change ;(

i save the events log. But i not found anything, if you want i can send.

thanks

giuseppe

giugeo85, Jul 31, 2017
  3. dustyetc Win User
    windows 10 shutdown colors

Are the Windows 10 shutdown screen colors random, or is a sepia shutdown different from green, yellow or red?

dustyetc, Jul 31, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Random Shutdown when using

Please boot your PC using Kyhi's disk (available from the top of the Software and Apps section here).

Run Minitool partition wizard, make sure all text in columns is visible, and post a screenshot of its GUI.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon

Use file explorer to view your Windows partition- can you access it?

Run HD Tune; look at the Health Tab- is all listed as OK?
    Use the Error Scan tab to scan your disk and post a screenshot of the result.

There are many possible reasons why your PC may have shut down- MBO failure, disk failure, thermal cut-out.
    Does your PC typically get hot? Does the fan run hard?

Perhaps it has even received a Windows update requiring a restart, and failed. Do you have Active hours turned on, and if so, was this event during that period?

Please complete your system spec (see mine for comparison- click My Computer below).
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    Include the build of Windows you are using, whether Home or Pro, 32 bit, or 64, and the type of disk and your laptop model.

dalchina, Jul 31, 2017
  5. Thanks for the reply

windows boots up but no desktop just black screen

I can run task manager by pressing cntrl shft and esc

also pressing cntrl alt and delete brings up lock screen

computer doesnt run hot nor fan run loud.

it could have possibly been updates thats caused it to restart.

will post required screenshots asap

ThomasHoey, Jul 31, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    I'm tempted to think you've received the Creator's upgrade- were you running the Anniversary build? Do you know if you previously upgraded to the Creator's build?

If unsure have a look at your C: drive and see if you see Windows.old, and note the date and time.

After you've done the above (it's no good proceeding if your disk is dodgy) - this is jumping ahead at this point..
    See e.g.
    Blank screen after installing Creators Update (NOT spinning circles) Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jul 31, 2017
  7. No I don't have the windows old so don't think it has upgraded me.

ThomasHoey, Jul 31, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Just realised- if the upgrade failed, it may not have created it... so that's not a good test. Windows logs could be useful, as you can't see your Update History.

Here are two of the simpler ones:
    A list of some log files:
    C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther
    The panther logs are often hidden. Configure file explorer so that you can find the hidden files.
    setuperr.log
    setupact.log

dalchina, Jul 31, 2017
  9. I had a try at the fixes by starting in safe mode and disabling all non MS services hasnt changed a thing still the same outcome

will try accessing the logs and get back to you

ThomasHoey, Jul 31, 2017
  10. tried running the logs

setuperr.log produced a blank notepad
    setupact.log produced this

2017-08-01 14:28:22, info UI Launching ConX setup experience
    2017-08-01 14:28:22, info UI Inspecting ConX Setup Cmdline
    2017-08-01 14:28:22, info UI Launching E:\sources\SetupPrep.exe

that all info in both logs

ThomasHoey, Jul 31, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    Current date... that's indicative.. is that the time of the crash?
    Please complete the disk checks before anything more.

dalchina, Jul 31, 2017
  12. Here is the screenshot of mintool partition tool
    Windows Random Shutdown when using [​IMG]

the hdd info has nothing to show and hdd scan says 100% damaged

why does chkdsk find no errors but hdd tune say 100%

ThomasHoey, Jul 31, 2017
  13. dalchina New Member

Hi, thanks, here's mine for comparison- I've made sure all the text in the columns is visible, as I asked:

Windows Random Shutdown when using [​IMG]

You'll note a couple of differences in the text in the columns - not all yours is visible.

- because they are completely different things.

Put very simply, chkdsk is looking at the integrity of the used NTFS files on 1 partition only. Limited.
    HD Tune is looking at the whole disk and its SMART characteristics. Comprehensive.

Please post a screenshot of HD Tune's two tabs as asked. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Random Shutdown when using - Similar Threads - Random Shutdown using

2. Random Shutdowns when using apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Shutdowns when using apps: Hi, I'm new to this community!Last week, I have blue screens and random shutdowns Probably due to hot pc/overheating and using it while charging, plus playing roblox.After running sfc, i think blue screens had stopped.Random Shutdowns still remains, though.Yesterday, I was...
  3. Random Shutdowns when using apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Shutdowns when using apps: Hi, I'm new to this community!Last week, I have blue screens and random shutdowns Probably due to hot pc/overheating and using it while charging, plus playing roblox.After running sfc, i think blue screens had stopped.Random Shutdowns still remains, though.Yesterday, I was...
  4. Windows shutdown randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shutdown randomly: Mine is Windows 10, Core i5 7th gen and Gtb1030. At first, I open a game from external Harddisk and it opens normally and then Windows shut down and PC power turn off. I worried and remove the external Harddisk and restart the PC. Now it says press any key to check disk and I...
  5. Windows shutdown randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows shutdown randomly: Mine is Windows 10, Core i5 7th gen and Gtb1030. At first, I open a game from external Harddisk and it opens normally and then Windows shut down and PC power turn off. I worried and remove the external Harddisk and restart the PC. Now it says press any key to check disk and I...
  6. Windows shutdown randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random Windows shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random Windows shutdown: Hi all, I seem to have an unknown shutdown problem on my system. I want to keep it running 24/7 essentially, but every 6 hours or so that it is left idle it will sort of 'sleep', not fully requiring a reboot. My components are: Asus strix B450-m motherboardRyzen 5 3600 16bg...
  8. Random Windows 10 shutdown when not in use

Random Windows 10 shutdown when not in use: Hello, Thank you for taking the time to solve is puzzling problem. Lately, since 6 month ago or so I've begun experiencing this problem where my computer shutsdown randomly. I began attempting to solve it by eliminating hardware problems. first, i ran verifier which stated...
  9. Random shutdown

Random shutdown: Hi, I am experiencing a weird issue where my screen is randomly showing me "locking" and then shuts down. When I then boot my computer again, I get a message from the BIOS stating that it lost contact with the operating system. This happens every 2-3 hours or so. Could you...
  10. Random Shutdowns

Random Shutdowns: So, I work in the I.T. department for a large company and we are all baffled by this new issue. We ordered a handful of OptiPlex 7050's because we need the large case for cards. I installed Windows 10 Enterprise, then I installed a secondary NIC and a NVIDIA QUADRO K620. I...