Windows 10: Windows randomly changing display project modes

Discus and support Windows randomly changing display project modes in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, Pretty much since I installed Windows 10 a few years ago, I've had this odd problem that is from what I can tell, completely random. I use three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Torey, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Torey Win User

Windows randomly changing display project modes

Hi,

Pretty much since I installed Windows 10 a few years ago, I've had this odd problem that is from what I can tell, completely random. I use three main monitors that use the Extended profile when viewing (Win+P) I then switch to Second Screen Only which is my TV. It works very well for when I go to bed and want to use my TV instead of the main monitors. But every so often I will be using one profile for a few hours and it will just switch back to the previous profile.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience and perhaps found out what was causing it?

• I've tried multiple driver iterations.
    • Checked power options (also set to never put the monitors to sleep).
    • Checked Event Viewer and found nothing correlated.
    • Only seems to happen when I'm in extended and it reverts to second monitor only.

Anyhow, any tips would be grateful.
    Thx

:)

Torey, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Projecting to an external display

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to use external display with windows 10.

This usually occurs if the video driver was not installed properly or not configured correctly.so I would suggest you to reinstall the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Uninstall Display Adapter drivers

I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them in compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type devmgmt.msc
    • Right click on the driver you want to uninstall
    • Click on Uninstall
    • Restart the system
    After the computer restarts, install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Select the setup file
    • Right click on it and click on
      properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select the operating system
    • Click Ok.
    Hope it helps, do get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Arul_D, Aug 22, 2018
  3. display mode

Hi Sam,

If you want to change the display settings of your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your PC screen.
    • Click on Display settings.
    • Select Projecting to this PC.
    • From there you can now enable the settings for your PC projection.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 22, 2018
  4. SoNQ Win User

Projecting to an external display

Hi,

When the computer restarts the driver re-installs its self. and also how would I go about going into compatability mode. Would this be through internet explorer?

Any insite on this would be a great help.

Best Regards,

Shaun Johnson

Thema:

1. Windows randomly changing display project modes - Similar Threads - randomly changing display

2. Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3: I am wondering how to change monitor identity, or failing that I am pleading with Microsoft to add a new feature, you see...When I press windows key + P, I get the option to display only on monitor 2 and this was fine, as my main monitor was monitor #2 before, but now I have...
  3. Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3: I am wondering how to change monitor identity, or failing that I am pleading with Microsoft to add a new feature, you see...When I press windows key + P, I get the option to display only on monitor 2 and this was fine, as my main monitor was monitor #2 before, but now I have...
  4. NO Change in Projection mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO Change in Projection mode: Projection mode to tv does not change from Second screen only to Duplicate with Windows logo + P. When projecting laptop screen remains black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-change-in-projection-mode/5a51d57f-c7ae-43a8-8fc2-0499c2be5233
  5. Display settings change randomly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings change randomly.: I have an Asus Zenbook with Windows 10 using an LG external monitor. My display settings keep changing randomly from just displaying the external monitor to displaying both the laptop and external monitor, particularly after a Windows update. I cleared the display cache but...
  6. Changing display numbers and projection settings

Changing display numbers and projection settings: Hi, I'm familiar with how to change basic display settings drag and drop, make 1 primary and 2nd one secondary. But I have a problem. On my last windows today when I'd choose a projection option "Show only on PC screen" might be called different, I'm using Croatian then the...
  7. Randomly changing into task mode

Randomly changing into task mode: Ever since the latest software update my surface pro 3 randomly enters task view. I've disabled tablet mode in settings and I had an external mouse attached which I've removed neither of which have helped. I do have a surface keyboard attached and a harddrive in the USB...
  8. Display settings randomly changing

Display settings randomly changing: I use a laptop - Windows 10. Used in one of three ways. Stand alone, 50% of the time with a power cable attached. Or, connected to a monitor via HDMI, with a power cable. Monitor is latest on market. On occasion, to a projector, latest on market, via HDMI. When...
  9. Display Projection window problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Projection window problem.: Hi, I press the function key shortcut for projecting display on other devices. A window from left-hand side opens up. I select 'PC Screen Only' by clicking on that option or by pressing 'Enter' key. Nothing happens. I have to press the function key shortcut again to get...
  10. Display Switch - Change Presentation Mode to Project in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Display Switch - Change Presentation Mode to Project in Windows 10: How to: Display Switch - Change Presentation Mode to Project in Windows 10 How to Change Presentation Mode to Project Display in Windows 10 Display Switch is used to change the presentation mode of the main display of your Windows 10 PC to project on either the PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows random display

2. windows project modes