Windows 10: Windows randomly restarted with a white window

Discus and support Windows randomly restarted with a white window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title says, my Windows 10 Pro just randomly restarted while I was watching a video. The blue sceen appeared and wrote 'Restarting' (just in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VTX, May 26, 2017.

1. VTX
    VTX Win User

Windows randomly restarted with a white window

As the title says, my Windows 10 Pro just randomly restarted while I was watching a video. The blue sceen appeared and wrote 'Restarting' (just in hungarian language ofc), then 2-3 seconds later a white rectangle appeared on it with a loading circle in the middle. It scared me, that maybe it's a virus, so instead of waiting, I pressed the restart button on the PC. Now everything is working fine.

Tried to search some footprints in the Event Viewer, but found nothing suspicious so far. No idea why this happened.

Also I've ran a scan with an antivirus, but nothing...

What happened, and why? Should I do something about this?

Thank you!

Update#1:

I have made a picture how it kinda looked like. Underneath there was the "Restarting" text with the 'bubbles' loading circle.

Windows randomly restarted with a white window [​IMG]

:)

2. Windows 10 startup freezing

Windows 10 on Lenovo Ideapad Z570.

Today my laptop randomly black screened. Now whenever i restart it it freezes on the first black screen with the spinning white dots. The white dots freeze too. I can load the laptop in safe mode but if i load the advanced boot options and select any options
    such as startup repair, the laptop instantly freezes so i have no idea where to go next please help

Daniel Walshaw, May 26, 2017
  3. Window 10 - Deleting a file with a white X in a red dot

Thank you for the information. We suggest that you start your PC in
    safe mode
    and try to delete the file again.

Robelene Win, May 26, 2017
  4. Windows randomly restarted with a white window

Hi VTX. Welcome to the TenForums @VTX

First couple of things I would suspect is power and heat.

For power I would enter BIOS and find the setting that tells the machine what to do after a power failure (event). I set mine to shutdown. While you may not have noticed the power "flicker" it could have been a voltage drop. If after changing the setting in BIOS you determine the issue is being caused by minor power variations I would install a UPS.

For heat the first thing I would do is open case and clean. I use compressed air, watch around fans as you don't want to damage them. I would then install something like HWMonitor. You will be able to see the temp of various components. Start up a video and monitor. Temp will climb but then it should level off. If not you have your answer.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 26, 2017
  5. VTX
    VTX Win User
    Thank you for your answer!

I've checked the BIOS' settings about power, but there were no option about what to do in a case of power failure.

Also I regularly clean my PC inside the case, so there shouldn't be a problem with the heat.

But... seems like it was my antivirus software (Panda). I've restarted the PC again, and the white rectangle showed up again as seen on the picture I've made. So this time I let it live. It showed this loading circle for like a minute, then the PC restarted correctly. I've logged in, and saw a new icon of the Panda software on my desktop. Opened it, and there were some casual updated and other stuff.

So it was very likely my antivirus playing without any permission, or even a tiny little hint. Weird...

Nonetheless seems like my problem have been solved by itself.

Thank you again for your answer and help!

6. Glad things worked out. Interesting that your AV would restart your computer without any warnings. It keeps us on our toes.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows randomly restarted with a white window

1. Windows randomly restarted with a white window - Similar Threads - randomly restarted white

2. Windows Randomly Restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Randomly Restarting: So my windows recently has been randomly restarting multiple times in a row. After a few it sometimes lets me then login with no issues. Others I login and within minutes it restarts. System and App logs below aswell as PC specs if someone is able to help?App Logs:...
  3. Windows Randomly Restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Randomly Restarting: So my windows recently has been randomly restarting multiple times in a row. After a few it sometimes lets me then login with no issues. Others I login and within minutes it restarts. System and App logs below aswell as PC specs if someone is able to help?App Logs:...
  4. Windows Randomly Restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Search Bar & Window changing to white randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Bar & Window changing to white randomly: For some reason when I type in the search bar at the bottom of windows 10 task bar the window it brings up sometimes has a white background even tho my settings are set to dark colour When I log out and back in again its back to sold greyIs this a known issue ?...
  6. WINDOWS RANDOMLY RESTARTS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS RANDOMLY RESTARTS: RECENTLY I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING A PROBLEM WITH MY PC WHERE IT IS RANDOMLY RESTARTING. WHAT I HAVE CHECKED.. 1. I HAVE CHECKED THE THERMALS AND HAVE FOUND NO ISSUES THE TEMPERATURES ARE ALWAYS IN NORMAL RANGE UPTO 70 DURING LOAD. 2. HAVE CHECKED THE POWER-SUPPLY. MY...
  7. Windows restarting randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows restarting randomly: After i leave my pc idle for like 10 min it restarts but goes straight back to the login screen i have version 1903 installed and I dont have automatically shutdown activated or anything like that. please help submitted by /u/TTrixsteRR [link] [comments]...
  8. random white screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random white screen: while i'm using my computer, my screen will randomly turn one solid color (usually whatever the main color on the desktop was, ie screen turns completely white on youtube unless in dark mode, where it turns a dark grey.) I lose my mouse from the screen and have to hit the...
  9. Windows 10 Random Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Random Restarts: Hello, I'm having a "restart" problem since I installed Windows 10. My computer just restarts itself with no warning, instant black screen, and boots itself up again. What I've noticed is that it happens usually when I'm watching Youtube, but not every time, even while...
  10. Windows 10 Randomly Restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Randomly Restarting: So, I am having issues with Windows 10 Randomly Restarting. I'm looking at the event logs to see what is going on. This seems to be the pattern before the whole thing randomly restarts: First: (Kernel-EventTracing) Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error:...