Windows 10: Windows Re-Install ?

Discus and support Windows Re-Install ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Have been fighting all sorts of problems since allowing a Dell update. Could only boot into safe mode. Restore points reversion wouldnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Robert11, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Robert11 Win User

Windows Re-Install ?

Hello,

Have been fighting all sorts of problems since allowing a Dell update.
    Could only boot into safe mode.
    Restore points reversion wouldnt work.

So, I finally decided to bite the bullet and do a Windows re-install.
    Interesting.

It wouls seem to be doing it until it got to about 60%, then the screen would go blank, with nothing functional.
    Tried twice.

Now nothing.
    Not even safe mode.

Pressing F8 on starting gets an initial screen
    only, then totally blank.

Any thoughts why it only gets to 60% ?
    Any thoughts on how at least to get back to safe mode ?

Thank you very much,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 1, 2017
  2. Re Re Win User

Blackjack II

How do I sync my contacts saved on my old sim card to my new sim card? Please help........

Re Re, Dec 1, 2017
  3. RE'
    Re' Win User
    htc hd-7t-mobile windows phone

Windows phone won't allow me to view several e-mails without adobe flash or equivalent.what can I do?

4. Berton Win User

Windows Re-Install ?

What was the Dell update? Was Win10 an Upgrade from Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1? I a few Dell machines and the only Dell program I allowed to update was the one they provided that created a toolbar at the top of the screen. Don't have that one booted up just now and this Vostro I'm on now was Upgraded from Vista to Win7 then to Win10 and didn't have anything extra on it.

For a couple or few I've had to do a clean install on I used the MCT/Media Creation Tool to create both the Bootable USB Thumb drive [8GB or 16GB] and the downloaded .iso file used to create an exact copy of the original bootable DVD-R or DVD+R disc.

Once Win10 has been installed and activated the machine has a Digital License or Digital Entitlement, one can do clean installs and should be re-activated at the first connection to the Internet. Or there's a feature in Settings to accomplish it.

Berton, Dec 1, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    The first questions are exactly what are you trying to do the clean install from, and how are you trying to do it? A pure clean install is accomplished by creating a USB flash drive or DVD with the Microsoft provided Media Creation Tool:
    Download Windows 10

Then you boot the computer from the USB flash drive or DVD, select the Custom Install option and on the next screen you delete every partition on the drive that you want to install to (unless you have a specific data partition that contains your personal data files you want to keep). Then you highlight the big unallocated space and click next to let Windows setup the partitions on the drive that it wants to.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Re-Install ?

1. Windows Re-Install ? - Similar Threads - Install

2. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  3. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  4. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  5. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  6. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?: Please tell me how I can download and update to Windows 11 even though my laptop doesn't meet the requirements? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-windows-11-onto-a-non-supported/99916465-52dc-48c6-92bd-096fe3f1b7cc
  8. How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?

How do I install Windows 11 onto a non-supported windows 10 laptop?: Please tell me how I can download and update to Windows 11 even though my laptop doesn't meet the requirements? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-windows-11-onto-a-non-supported/99916465-52dc-48c6-92bd-096fe3f1b7cc
  9. I installed win subsystem for android but it tells me that the installation was failed and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed win subsystem for android but it tells me that the installation was failed and...: I installed win subsystem for android but it tells me that the installation was failed and the package requires a os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-win-subsystem-for-android-but-it-tells/b19485c9-aa1b-4c86-9d05-406750f79ee0
  10. I installed win subsystem for android but it tells me that the installation was failed and...

I installed win subsystem for android but it tells me that the installation was failed and...: I installed win subsystem for android but it tells me that the installation was failed and the package requires a os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-win-subsystem-for-android-but-it-tells/b19485c9-aa1b-4c86-9d05-406750f79ee0