Windows 10: Windows Re-positioning Applications

Discus and support Windows Re-positioning Applications in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I can't help with drivers ... but there's a way to deal with these things. AutoHotKey let's you define hot keys that can execute a variety of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by margrave55, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Windows Re-positioning Applications

I can't help with drivers ... but there's a way to deal with these things.

AutoHotKey let's you define hot keys that can execute a variety of functions. It will even allow you to move windows around on screen. It's a full programming language, too.

It won't stop your games from fubarring the positions of your app windows, but it will let you restore their positions with a keystroke.

margrave55, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Taborious Win User

I run 3x monitors. On the third monitor a small 7" which is actually inside my case I want to display a program that shows temps, fan speed, etc... Regardless, anytime the system goes to sleep, powers off OR something takes control of the video such as a game launch in fullscreen windows moves ALL open apps back to the main monitor. I cant use my second monitor to display anything because when I launch any full screen game all apps are relocated and useless from that point.
    How do I get window to stop moving any app window around for any reason? If I put it somewhere that's where i want it to stay even if I disconnect the monitor. I know there may be third party applications that can remember configs and re-position windows via a hot key but, Im looking for a simpler solution, how do I tell windows to stop moving them
    window10
    1080ti
    asus maximus IX
    all drivers are up to date

:)

Taborious, Apr 22, 2018
  3. Nokia Drive Beta Nokia Lumia 920 battery issue

Perhaps there by design to enable faster positional location upon re-start of application.

aspergerguy, Apr 22, 2018
  4. Windows Re-positioning Applications

Access denied to maps

@poider

Welcome to the forum!

Whilst realising that you are referring to South Australia can't remember whether Symbian Anna has been made available to you yet. Unfortunately if using this firmware you can no longer re-define an access point for positioning server = supl.mokia.com in
    Menu > Settings > Application settings > Positioning > Positioning server as you could in PR1.2

Have you tried Settings > Application Settings > Positioning > Positioning server > Server settings then tap on supl.nokia.com then change "Only in home network" to
    NO

aspergerguy, Apr 22, 2018
  5. That doesn't sound right. Have you tried to do a full reinstall of the graphics card driver?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 23, 2018
  6. Taborious Win User
    Yes I have. I know it doesnt sound right, hence, why im here.

Taborious, Apr 23, 2018
  7. How did you do the reinstall? Did you try to use DDU?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 25, 2018
  8. Taborious Win User

Windows Re-positioning Applications

DDU, no I did not use that. Ill give that a try

Taborious, Apr 25, 2018
  9. Taborious Win User
    ok, DDU seemed to do the trick for on part. Now when I start games it does NOT move the windows. However, in sleep or power off mode it resets window positions. How can I prevent that?

Taborious, Apr 26, 2018
  10. This happens with all of your open applications? They always are pushed back to the main monitor?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 26, 2018
  11. Taborious Win User
    Yes, all application get moved. As I mentioned this used to happen when anytime anything took control of the video; game, windows sleep/power. However, after using the DDU and re-installing drivers the gaming issues has been resolved and it only happens now when the PC sleeps or powers off. So, looking for resolution for having windows stop moving the app windows for any reason

Taborious, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows Re-positioning Applications

1. Windows Re-positioning Applications - Similar Threads - positioning Applications

2. In the MFC application, the mouse cursor moves to the wrong position when selecting...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    In the MFC application, the mouse cursor moves to the wrong position when selecting...: Hi Everyone, We are experiencing an issue with the MFC ListView control with Marquee selection on both Windows 10 client and Windows Server 2019 machines whereas it is working as expected on older versionsMicrosoft server 2016. The issue is that while trying to select...
  3. Set default application size and position on open - working with multiple extension displays.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set default application size and position on open - working with multiple extension displays.: Hi, I have seen a couple of closed threads asking the Microsoft community if a default size and position setting is available for applications. Its use case is as follows:User with single laptop with WFH and office setup, both using a USB-C connection and multiple extension...
  4. Set default application size and position on open - working with multiple extension displays.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set default application size and position on open - working with multiple extension displays.: Hi, I have seen a couple of closed threads asking the Microsoft community if a default size and position setting is available for applications. Its use case is as follows:User with single laptop with WFH and office setup, both using a USB-C connection and multiple extension...
  5. Set default application size and position on open - working with multiple extension displays.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How can I tell Windows to open applications in the same position and size as I closed them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I tell Windows to open applications in the same position and size as I closed them?: I open a lot of applications throughout the day, and in Windows 10 they would open where I closed them. This made it easy to open multiple photos at once, because they'd just open on top of each other and I could flick through them.However, since installing Windows 11 on a...
  7. How can I tell Windows to open applications in the same position and size as I closed them?

How can I tell Windows to open applications in the same position and size as I closed them?: I open a lot of applications throughout the day, and in Windows 10 they would open where I closed them. This made it easy to open multiple photos at once, because they'd just open on top of each other and I could flick through them.However, since installing Windows 11 on a...
  8. Windows resetting application position and size after screen losing signal logout / inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows resetting application position and size after screen losing signal logout / inactivity: So I have 2 monitors but it doesn't matter, because it also happens when using a single monitor.The problem is windows will reset the application position and size after the stop sending the signal to the monitor such as logout, long time no action.I have tested it a little...
  9. Windows resetting application position and size after screen losing signal logout / inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows resetting application position and size after screen losing signal logout / inactivity: So I have 2 monitors but it doesn't matter, because it also happens when using a single monitor.The problem is windows will reset the application position and size after the stop sending the signal to the monitor such as logout, long time no action.I have tested it a little...
  10. Windows resetting application position and size after screen losing signal logout / inactivity

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server supl nokia