Windows 10: Windows reactivation after old hardware stopped working

Discus and support Windows reactivation after old hardware stopped working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. I can't reactivate windows and the troubleshooter led me to something that said I have to set up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NigelKuether, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Windows reactivation after old hardware stopped working

I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. I can't reactivate windows and the troubleshooter led me to something that said I have to set up the upgrade with my old hardware installed -- basically tell it I'm about to upgrade or something like that. My old hardware was apparently damaged in the upgrade, because, when I tried to reinstall it, it did not boot. How do I get around this?

:)

NigelKuether, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

If you followed all of the steps in
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and deleted the old install then there's nothing else that needs to be done.

I've not yet seen a case where Digital Entitlement activation is removed from a device. Even Devices that Upgrade to Pro, and/or use a retail Windows 10 Product Key to reactivate on the same device, still keep both Home and Pro Entitlement stacked on the
    device along with the retail Key until it is removed by reactivating on a new Device. But unlike retail Product keys which remove themselves in this way from the old device once reactivated on new hardware, there's no evidence yet that Digital Entitlement
    does.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Windows reactivation after old hardware stopped working

Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

Hi,

I recently was able to reactivate my Windows 10 digital license on new (only on similar, same type laptop to laptop) hardware, by linking my Microsoft account. I followed the steps mentoned in

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

I find that the old hardware, still has an activated digital license of Windows.

I need to uninstall the digital license from the old hardware, in such a way that it will not activate, on its own, and will not invalidate the digital license on my new hardware, at all.

Please advice me, as I would like to transfer my digital license to my new hardware, completely, and permanently. I require my old hardware to not be having the digital license, at all, and the digital license to be completely deleted from it.

Vikram S Ramani, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows reactivation after old hardware stopped working

1. Windows reactivation after old hardware stopped working - Similar Threads - reactivation old hardware

2. Reactivate Windows after Hardware change doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate Windows after Hardware change doesn't work.: I changed the hardware on my PC and now I cannot reactivate Windows.I click "Troubleshoot" under "Activation" and then "I changed Hardware on this device recent;y". I check "This is the device I'm using right now" and click "Activate", but I get the message "We can’t...
  3. Reactivate Windows after Hardware change doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate Windows after Hardware change doesn't work.: I changed the hardware on my PC and now I cannot reactivate Windows.I click "Troubleshoot" under "Activation" and then "I changed Hardware on this device recent;y". I check "This is the device I'm using right now" and click "Activate", but I get the message "We can’t...
  4. Reactivate Windows after Hardware change doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. License activation after hardware reactivation not working

License activation after hardware reactivation not working: Hello, Context; - old computer has windows 10 pro confirmed it's retail - bought new computer and installed old SSD with OS w10 into new computer - windows 10 pro is connected to microsoft account - activation > troubleshoot > hardware change; and all i get is unable to...
  6. Windows reactivation not working after hardware change

Windows reactivation not working after hardware change: Hi, I recently changed the CPU, motherboard, and RAM on my computer, so Windows is asking me to reactivate it. When I go into settings to reactivate it, it tells me there is no product key found on my device and gives me the error code 0xC004F213. When I go to the...
  7. Reactivating windows after a hardware change.

Reactivating windows after a hardware change.: Hello, I recently replaced the motherboard of my PC and not I can't reactivate windows. Trying to change product key returns error 0x803FA067....
  8. Reactivating windows after hardware change

Reactivating windows after hardware change: Recently changed the hardware of my computer and trying to reactivate windows 10. I used the free upgrade that was sent out for windows 7 and 8.1 users to get access to windows 10. I followed all of the steps on the support page, but after selecting the device that is linked...
  9. Reactivation after hardware change would not work.

Reactivation after hardware change would not work.: Hello, I made sure I uploaded my key to my Microsoft account. When I do troubleshoot, I see my old system show up and when I click to activate I get an error message saying try again later. How do I fix this?...
  10. Reactivating Windows after hardware change

Reactivating Windows after hardware change: Hello, Recently I switched out my motherboard and CPU, so I've been trying to reactivate Windows after reinstalling it. Before I changed my hardware, I made sure that my license was linked to my Microsoft account. However, when I go to the activation settings I get the...