Windows 10: Windows Recovery Image

Discus and support Windows Recovery Image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Can I use my external hard drive ( on which my windows 10 recovery image is stored) , for storing my other data? Please Help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TejasJasoriya, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Windows Recovery Image

Hello!

Can I use my external hard drive ( on which my windows 10 recovery image is stored) , for storing my other data? Please Help.

:)

TejasJasoriya, Jul 19, 2018

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jul 19, 2018
  3. more123 Win User
    How to use the stock recovery partition to create a Windows image in BIOS.

Hi guys.
    I have a laptop computer with only a recovery partition (Operating System -Win7HP- has been wiped out). My question is instead of installing a fresh copy of Windows, I was wondering if there is a way to compress or copy the factory recovery partition into an .iso image file and use a Windows recovery tool to re-image the HD with the result image. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Best regards,

more123, Jul 19, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows Recovery Image

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    • If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    • If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    • If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

• Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    • Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    • Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    • From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    • Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

• Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    • Fresh install Windows 10
    • Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    • repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows Recovery Image

1. Windows Recovery Image - Similar Threads - Recovery Image

2. Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!: Frustrating.I downloaded the Surface 3 Laptop Recovery Firmware image .zip and extract fine. But when I copy it to USB, it gets stuck on this STUPID .swm file.I've tried different downloaders, thinking perhaps the file is being corrupt when downloading, but no, it extracts...
  3. Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!: Frustrating.I downloaded the Surface 3 Laptop Recovery Firmware image .zip and extract fine. But when I copy it to USB, it gets stuck on this STUPID .swm file.I've tried different downloaders, thinking perhaps the file is being corrupt when downloading, but no, it extracts...
  4. Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.: I am running into this issue and followed the instructions to resize my windows recovery partition....
  5. Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.

Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.: I am running into this issue and followed the instructions to resize my windows recovery partition....
  6. Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows RE image not found after resizing recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RE image not found after resizing recovery partition: Hey I was having trouble with one of the most recent Windows updates, so I looked online to find some solutions. I found that I needed to increase my recovery partition so I followed a video guide on youtube to do that using both cmd admin prompts and the minitool partition...
  8. Windows RE image not found after resizing recovery partition

Windows RE image not found after resizing recovery partition: Hey I was having trouble with one of the most recent Windows updates, so I looked online to find some solutions. I found that I needed to increase my recovery partition so I followed a video guide on youtube to do that using both cmd admin prompts and the minitool partition...
  9. Windows RE image not found after resizing recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I obtain a replacement windows recovery image Winre.wim for Win 10?

How do I obtain a replacement windows recovery image Winre.wim for Win 10?: I am encountering the 0x80070643 error from my recovery partition not being large enough.I have already followed the instructions HERE for expanding the size of the recovery partition.During the last steps of the above instructions, when I use the "reagentc /enable" command...