Windows 10: Windows Recovery Message

Discus and support Windows Recovery Message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my guitar studio PC, a Dell XPS Studio 9100 desktop, I found the screens ( 3 displays) frozen this morning, I previously had iTunes, YouTube and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mediaman09, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Windows Recovery Message

On my guitar studio PC, a Dell XPS Studio 9100 desktop, I found the screens ( 3 displays) frozen this morning, I previously had iTunes, YouTube and Chrome loaded. Could not do a soft reboot.

I powered off, waited and powered on, and now I get this message.

Windows Recovery Message [​IMG]

I seem to have ( at least) two possible paths out of this:

1) locate my bootable Windows 10 USB stick. Attempt to boot with it ( might require a BIOS setup change), and then look for recovery/repair options???

2) boot up with EaseUSToDo recovery CD and attempt to recover an image back up of the C drive.

Any advice on how to best proceed?

:)

mediaman09, Jan 19, 2016

2. Unable to create a recovery drive after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

While trying to create a USB recovery drive, the error message is "some files are missing" and "cannot create recovery drive". The additional message says please use the media in case of need for recovery but since Windows 10 is downloaded, there is no
    such physical media. Please guide how to create a recovery media or Windows 10 Backup.

ToshToshniwal, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Text Message Recovery

So I have never used this feature (I just have never gone back to read old text messages so I do not back them up) but had you turned on Text Message backup on your device before you sent it in for repair?

Text messages

You can automatically back up your SMS and MMS messages to the cloud. That way, the next time you get a new Windows Phone, you can restore your conversations when you set up the phone. When you delete your messages from your phone, they'll be deleted from
    the cloud as well, so you're always in sync.

To turn on text message backup

• In the
      App list
      , tap Settings
      Windows Recovery Message [​IMG]
      >
      Backup.

• Tap Text messages, and then turn Text message backup on or off.

Notes

• Turning off backup won't delete previously saved SMS and MMS messages. To delete messages from the cloud, you'll need to turn on backup and delete the messages off your phone.
    • On Windows Phone 8, you can also turn Chat backup on or off.

Also look at this:

Restore a backup

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 19, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows Recovery Message

Try option 1 first. If it fails, no harm. If you have access to an operable PC - install Macrium Reflect Free and make a rescue USB/DVD/CD. Boot the problem computer with the Macrium rescue USB/DVD/CD and under the restore menu is a fix windows startup utility. That utility has worked often when all others have failed.

NavyLCDR, Jan 19, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    Does Windows 10, like Windows 7, have a Startup Repair? I'm listening in and learning.

RolandJS, Jan 19, 2016
  6. OK back in business. I was ready for a long drawn out process, but this time it worked out well.

5- 10 minutes effort:
    • I started with the Windows USB stick ( as I found it first*Smile and plug it in).
    • I rebooted, hit F12 and selected USB.
    • It started as if it was going to reinstall Windows ( ie prompted for language, keyboard etc). I answered all the prompts.
    • Then it asked if I wanted to Continue, TroubleShoot etc ; I selected Troubleshoot, and finally found a Repair option.
    • It ran for a bit and said it could not repair.
    • I then selected Continue, figuring I would get one more chance before it did a re-install.
    • It then did the unexpected and I got what looked like the middle of a Windows Update ie, 70% done and Do Not Turn Off Computer. I let it continue.
    • It then rebooted ; I pulled out the USB stick so it would reboot off the hard drive.
    • And it did, all back to normal.
    • Rebooted again to confirm.
    Perhaps it was a 3 am update that clobbered it in the first place.

My new lesson learned is to shut down all apps when I am done. I do exactly that on my main PC, but typically do not on my guitar PC as I typically want to come back to where I left off.

mediaman09, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Recovery Message

1. Windows Recovery Message - Similar Threads - Recovery Message

2. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message: I booted up my laptop and for some reason was asking for my bitlockerwhich I dont even remember ever setting up key. So I went to aka.ms/myrecoverykey like it said to find my key. It lead to a page saying "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue...
  3. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message: I booted up my laptop and for some reason was asking for my bitlockerwhich I dont even remember ever setting up key. So I went to aka.ms/myrecoverykey like it said to find my key. It lead to a page saying "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue...
  4. error message trace id for bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message trace id for bitlocker recovery key: Tried to get my recovery key from my Microsoft account - clicked on device on my account then the Bitlocker data protection comes up clicking that then an error message come up stating Trace ID:mQDRHkmK+Eyw3vz1.8.77 Something happended. Wait a bit, then try again. If these...
  5. error message trace id for bitlocker recovery key

error message trace id for bitlocker recovery key: Tried to get my recovery key from my Microsoft account - clicked on device on my account then the Bitlocker data protection comes up clicking that then an error message come up stating Trace ID:mQDRHkmK+Eyw3vz1.8.77 Something happended. Wait a bit, then try again. If these...
  6. FTPM message/bitlocker recovery key needed for every boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FTPM message/bitlocker recovery key needed for every boot: Hello,Every time my computer has been idle for more than a few hours, and when booting up after computer is shut off or dies, I have had a FTPM error message. It prompts me Yes to reset the FTPM or No to keep old FTPM. Since I have not had any new changes to the device no new...
  7. FTPM message/bitlocker recovery key needed for every boot

FTPM message/bitlocker recovery key needed for every boot: Hello,Every time my computer has been idle for more than a few hours, and when booting up after computer is shut off or dies, I have had a FTPM error message. It prompts me Yes to reset the FTPM or No to keep old FTPM. Since I have not had any new changes to the device no new...
  8. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

10. Asus Rog STrix G834 BSOD message when trying to enter Windows Recovery Environment WinRe mode

Asus Rog STrix G834 BSOD message when trying to enter Windows Recovery Environment WinRe mode: Hi , I own an Asus Rog Strix 18 g834 laptop. It is new about 4 months old.My problem is that every time I attempt to enter Windows Recovery Environment WinRe mode e.g. through MyAsus app, the laptop is rebooting and then, during the waiting screen, I get a BSOD error with the...