Windows 10: Windows recovery using Ubuntu

Discus and support Windows recovery using Ubuntu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had windows 10....deleted everything but the RE-partition. I'm now using ubuntu in an attempt at recovery of win 10 but no-luck. I keep getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by briandarcy, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Windows recovery using Ubuntu

I had windows 10....deleted everything but the RE-partition. I'm now using ubuntu in an attempt at recovery of win 10 but no-luck. I keep getting response of missing boot config when attempting to boot the RE-partition....I'm a newb and like messing with stuff...not even sure if RE-part is bootable. Here is question...how to recover a windows partition with open-source software?

:)

briandarcy, Aug 9, 2018
  2. rboppy Win User

Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Aug 9, 2018
  3. slim142 Win User
    Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Aug 9, 2018
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Windows recovery using Ubuntu

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows recovery using Ubuntu

1. Windows recovery using Ubuntu - Similar Threads - recovery using Ubuntu

2. How to replace Ubuntu with Windows 10 using USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace Ubuntu with Windows 10 using USB: My computer came with Windows preinstalled as the default OS.I accidentally installed linux Ubuntu over my primary drive where Windows was previously installed. I can't manage to reverse it and install Windows 10 back over that drive.I have managed to create a bootable USB...
  3. How to replace Ubuntu with Windows 10 using USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace Ubuntu with Windows 10 using USB: My computer came with Windows preinstalled as the default OS.I accidentally installed linux Ubuntu over my primary drive where Windows was previously installed. I can't manage to reverse it and install Windows 10 back over that drive.I have managed to create a bootable USB...
  4. How to replace Ubuntu with Windows 10 using USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?: Hello, I've installed WSL Ubuntu on Windows 10. How on earth do you use it? I've got a Laravel project that I was running using Laragon and running NPM on Windows is not the best, npm run watch takes forever - I have Elementary OS installed as a partition and use Laravel...
  6. WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?

in Windows 10 Support
    WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?: Hello, I've installed WSL Ubuntu on Windows 10. How on earth do you use it? I've got a Laravel project that I was running using Laragon and running NPM on Windows is not the best, npm run watch takes forever - I have Elementary OS installed as a partition and use Laravel...
  7. Ubuntu and Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ubuntu and Windows: My laptop was lent out, when I finally got it back it has Linux and Ubuntu and as far as I can tell, Windows is gone. I cant find any Windows files, none. When I started it up and went to the start up options all that's there is Ubuntu. Before I knew Ubuntu was on it i was...
  8. Windows/ubuntu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows/ubuntu: I have 2 ssd'd on my MB. One is Windows and one is Ubuntu. I want to remove the ssd that has Ubuntu. It's not a typical dual boot system that had both OS on the same disc but I am still unsure what will happen If I remove the Ubuntu ssd. I don't want to lose anything or have...
  9. Using Windows libraries from Ubuntu / Linux on Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Windows libraries from Ubuntu / Linux on Windows: I recently brought up Linux on Windows. I chose the Ubuntu distribution. It works well. Really well. Really fast. I'd like to write and build C-language programs in Linux, much the same as I did with Cygwin for many years.But I don't see the Windows header files and...
  10. Recover Data After Ubuntu Use

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover Data After Ubuntu Use: Hello guys, its all abou my server PC, i have total 2HDD, and they were used on Ubuntu Server, i have switched to windows, i want my data back, what to do ? sorry for my Bad English *Sad *Huh 56841

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows recovery ubuntu